Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Peter Jok committed. For those of you who don't remember, he was ranked the #1 player in his class 2 years ago, but broke his patella. He is around 90% back to normal per his doctors. He has Chris Kingsbury range for any of you who are old enough to remember him. Could be a star for us.

The Iowa Hawkeyes 2014-15 basketball team will be top 5-8, book it.
    Haha bet you guys never thought you'd say just wait til bball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils05 View Post
    Haha bet you guys never thought you'd say just wait til bball
    I'm excited for this years basketball team. I don't expect to get invited to the 'big dance,' but another year in the NIT is fine with me.
    Next year is when the fun begins.

Future looks bright, and I haven't been able to say that in years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by croce_99 View Post
    I'm excited for this years basketball team. I don't expect to get invited to the 'big dance,' but another year in the NIT is fine with me.
    Next year is when the fun begins.

Future looks bright, and I haven't been able to say that in years.
    I honestly think we have a legit shot at making the NCAA tourney this year. Our freshman need a big year, especially Gessel, and White needs to take a step. But we basically get Utoh, and Jok incoming next season, along with a year of growth out of this years team, and we lose almost nobody of consequence. We have a pretty weak non-conference schedule this year, so entering the Big Ten play at 10-1 isn't a stretch. That would mean we just need to go 10-8 in the Big Ten to get in imho.
    Last edited by Hawkeye15; 10-05-2012 at 07:07 PM.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    We maaaaaaaaaaaay want to think about guarding teams this year however...

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    From ESPN.com
    Iowa starting senior cornerback Micah Hyde was arrested Saturday morning and charged with public intoxication and interference with official acts, according to the Cedar Rapids Gazette.

Hyde, a team captain, is one of the top defensive backs in the Big Ten. He is third on the Hawkeyes with 33 tackles this season and led the conference with 11 pass breakups last year.
    Croce needs to stop drinking with the players

vCash
    Public intoxication

Iowa city police are terrible.
    They don't want you to drink and drive, but if you stumble home, you're getting arrested too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by croce_99 View Post
    Public intoxication

Iowa city police are terrible.
    They don't want you to drink and drive, but if you stumble home, you're getting arrested too.
    seriously. How many public intoxications have Iowa players gotten? These are college kids, they are going to drink, my god. Cut them a break if they are making sure not to drive.

vCash
    I'm a student at Iowa and this is what I've heard on Hyde... He was walking home and saw his friend talking to the police and Hyde went up to him and asked something like "are you getting arrested". The cop then said to Hyde "you want to get arrested to". And then at that point he tried running away and got caught. He was not very drunk at all and I legitimately think that he truly only had a drink or two that night.

Thanks MJ-BULLS for the sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan1433 View Post
    I'm a student at Iowa and this is what I've heard on Hyde... He was walking home and saw his friend talking to the police and Hyde went up to him and asked something like "are you getting arrested". The cop then said to Hyde "you want to get arrested to". And then at that point he tried running away and got caught. He was not very drunk at all and I legitimately think that he truly only had a drink or two that night.
    Hyde should have lost them with his speed....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Hyde should have lost them with his speed....
    Oh trust me he is getting so much **** for it. Everyone is talking about if our punt returner can't get away from cops, he should not be returning punts and stuff like that.

Thanks MJ-BULLS for the sig

vCash
    This thread is more dead than the football team.

Still control our own destiny

vCash
    I don't know about that - the football team is pretty dead.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    Croce, inject some liveliness in here. Maybe get up on the table and dance or something.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    Can we delete this thread and make a new one? Just post next year's schedule and pretend 2012 never happened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkize31 View Post
    Can we delete this thread and make a new one? Just post next year's schedule and pretend 2012 never happened.
    all we need now is 25 more posts, and this one gets closed for being at 1000 posts