Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Wegher was amazing in high school and was great yesterday the hawkeyes should make him the featured back for the season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Telios9 View Post
    Wegher was amazing in high school and was great yesterday the hawkeyes should make him the featured back for the season
    I agree I was very impressed with Wegher yesterday. Robinson is solid but I think Wegher needs to be the starter, and will be soon.

What the hell are we gonna do with all these running backs next season when Hampton gets back? We are going to have Hampton, Wegher, Brinson, and Robinson, all sophomores.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phelps89 View Post
    I agree I was very impressed with Wegher yesterday. Robinson is solid but I think Wegher needs to be the starter, and will be soon.

What the hell are we gonna do with all these running backs next season when Hampton gets back? We are going to have Hampton, Wegher, Brinson, and Robinson, all sophomores.
    its a good problem to have

vCash
    Sash earns Big Ten weekly honors

University of Iowa defensive back Tyler Sash has been named co-Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week following his performance in Saturday’s 35-3 victory over Iowa State. The announcement was made Sunday night on the Big Ten Network’s weekly recap show.

It’s the second straight week the Hawkeyes have had a Big Ten Player of the Week. Linebacker Jeremiha Hunter won co-Special Team honors for his play in Iowa’s win over Northern Iowa.

In addition, Sash has been named national defensive Performer of the Week by collegefootballperformance.com, which recognizes players at all positions each week during the college football season. Hawkeye TE Tony Moeaki earned honorable mention from collegefootballperformance.com after having 10 receptions for 83 yards and a touchdown in Iowa’s opening win over Northern Iowa.

Sash, a 6-1, 210-pound sophomore from Oskaloosa, IA, won his second career Defensive Player of the Week honor. He also took the award following Iowa’s win over Penn State last season. He shared the honor this week with Minnesota linebacker Nate Triplett.

Sash intercepted a record tying three passes, returning them 63 yards, against Iowa State. He tied the interception mark held by linebacker Grant Steen (Indiana, 2002). Sash has intercepted six passes in the last four Hawkeye games. He had two in the 2009 Outback Bowl win over South Carolina.

Sash also had a team high 10 tackles (eight solo), including two for losses (-5 yards) and a forced fumble, against the Cyclones. His two-game total of 20 tackles leads the team.

Iowa had seven Big Ten Player of the Week honorees last season.
    Rivals
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    This Saturday is the annual blackout game.
    Why they do it during the middle of summer is beyond me......wait until November and do it! It's going to be hot and they want us to wear black
    The marketing department is just dumb. They chose the annual gold game against UNI.
    Why would you not make the Michigan game the annual gold game? 7 p.m. under the lights......

I know I know...who cares and why am i *****ing. But whoever comes up with these ideas needs to think twice.

I'll be wearing black tho

vCash
    I won't be there this time so drink a beer for me ... and one for my husband ... and one for each of my other eight friends who won't be there this weekend, too! Oh, and a few more for my neighbors. And, like, 35 for the number of points we put up vs. ISU.

Have fun at the game this weekend!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmthBluCitrus View Post
    I won't be there this time so drink a beer for me ... and one for my husband ... and one for each of my other eight friends who won't be there this weekend, too! Oh, and a few more for my neighbors. And, like, 35 for the number of points we put up vs. ISU.

It isn't a party without someone getting alcohol poisoning lol.
    Matthew Stafford QB: Detroit Lions
    111.2 QB Rating | 79/118 66.9% | 977 Yards | 9 TDs-2 INTs

vCash

Exactly!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmthBluCitrus View Post

No beer for this guy. I get made fun of every weekend because I'm not a beer guy. I'll take liquor over beer every day.
    Not the girly drinks with umbrellas in it
    Hard liquor isn't allowed in the University parking lots, so I have to hide it in the trunk. Those campus cops are pretty damn strict, too.
    Oh well....I'll be drunk by 10 a.m. since its a 2:30 kickoff.

vCash
    Hey guys, Arizona fan here. I expect this will be a pretty close game, a low scoring one as well since both teams have pretty good defenses. So this is the blackout game? As an Arizona fan we are hoping it's really hot.....or normal for us! If it's hot enough and all of ya are wearing black, maybe that might take some of the fans out of the game? j/k

Good luck this weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by croce_99 View Post
    No beer for this guy. I get made fun of every weekend because I'm not a beer guy. I'll take liquor over beer every day.
    Not the girly drinks with umbrellas in it
    Hard liquor isn't allowed in the University parking lots, so I have to hide it in the trunk. Those campus cops are pretty damn strict, too.
    Oh well....I'll be drunk by 10 a.m. since its a 2:30 kickoff.
    Hmm ... well ... okay. I bet it really is girly drinks. You're drinking mai tai's and cosmos, aren't you?

We have a few late games coming up. That sucks. I'm nervous about that late kickoff against Michigan. We're not very good during the late games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    Hey guys, Arizona fan here. I expect this will be a pretty close game, a low scoring one as well since both teams have pretty good defenses. So this is the blackout game? As an Arizona fan we are hoping it's really hot.....or normal for us! If it's hot enough and all of ya are wearing black, maybe that might take some of the fans out of the game? j/k

Good luck this weekend.
    Good luck to you too! It should be a good one. Mike Stoops coming back to his old stomping grounds.

Early temperature forecast has the game somewhere between 70 - 75 (according to weather.com and wunderground). We'll see ...

vCash
    Hey guys. Havent been on for awhile! What a great game! I was not able to go to the game and sold my tickets. During the middle of the week a person from Dakota Dunes bought my tickets. Wegher is from Dakota Dunes, and apparently found out during the week that he was going to get his fair share of carries. I'm thinking I mighta sold my tickets to parents/high school coaches or something. Anyway I LOVE Wegher and we should be set for awhile with Brinson, Wegher, hampton, and Robinson as sophmores

Oh and to the person who said he hates dallas clark. Clark is the ****ing man!

Thanks MJ-BULLS for the sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan1433 View Post
    Clark is the ****ing man!
    qft

vCash
    Television Details for Arizona, Penn State
    Iowa's next two games will be televised live to national audiences

Here's some television stuff that fans of the Iowa Hawkeyes who won't be in historic Kinnick Stadium this Saturday or inside Beaver Stadium next week will want to know.

This Saturday's "Blackout Saturday" game against the Pac-10's Arizona Wildcats will be televised live to a regional audience by ABC. Fans of the Hawkeyes living in areas of the country that don't have the Iowa-Arizona game assigned to their ABC affiliate will be able to watch the game on ESPN2. Start time is set for shortly after 2:30 p.m.

Next week, when Iowa travels to nationally ranked Penn State for its 2009 Big Ten Conference season opener, the Hawkeyes will be the first of three night games. The Big Ten Conference announced earlier today that the date with the Nittany Lions will kick shortly after 7 p.m. Iowa time and will be televised live to a national audience by ABC.

These games will be Nos. 92 and 93 in a row on television for the Hawkeyes. And, as noted, Iowa's game at Penn State will be the first of three prime time games for Iowa in 2009. The Hawkeyes will square off against Michigan and Michigan State in night games, the former being in Kinnick, the latter being at Spartan Stadium.
    Hawkeye Sports

Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast