Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmthBluCitrus View Post
    What channel is the game on tomorrow? I have DirecTV and I can't find it ...
    Directv channel 666 for comcast chicago +

Otherwise just browse all of the 600 channels. its on every Fox Sports Network, but you need to buy the directv sports pack to receive FSN.

Channel 666 for me and I have directv, too.

I'm going to the game. Leaving here in about 3 hours.
    Better get some sleep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by croce_99 View Post
    Directv channel 666 for comcast chicago +

Otherwise just browse all of the 600 channels. its on every Fox Sports Network, but you need to buy the directv sports pack to receive FSN.

Channel 666 for me and I have directv, too.

I'm going to the game. Leaving here in about 3 hours.
    Better get some sleep
    That's cool. We get CSNC and + here in Des Moines. I was looking through all the locals, ESPNs, BTN and the alts and it was annoying me that I couldn't find it.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    Nice! Brandon Wegher in the backfield! Great job picking up that block, too.

vCash
    Wegher does it again, wow.

vCash
    Wegher looks good. That catch was incredible!

vCash
    Good safety play today.

vCash
    I'm just excited about the play of Iowa all around. Ricky has made some really poor passes, but he's also made some pretty good passes.

vCash
    I think Wegher needs to be our new starting running back.

Him and Robinson look really good.
    Last edited by SmthBluCitrus; 09-12-2009 at 03:00 PM.

vCash
    One of the few games I will be able to catch here in Kansas. Good improvement this week. Better choice of running backs as well.

vCash
    Beautiful beautiful game! Wegher looked amazing, the o-line played very well (can't wait for Bulaga to come back to it), the secondary was incredible, the linebackers made a lot of really good plays, and the d-line did it's job.

Can't ask for more than that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmthBluCitrus View Post
    Beautiful beautiful game! Wegher looked amazing, the o-line played very well (can't wait for Bulaga to come back to it), the secondary was incredible, the linebackers made a lot of really good plays, and the d-line did it's job.

Can't ask for more than that!
    The O-line played very well, I knew they would come back and have a great game after getting caught off guard by INU.
    Matthew Stafford QB: Detroit Lions
    111.2 QB Rating | 79/118 66.9% | 977 Yards | 9 TDs-2 INTs

vCash
    Just got back from the game. Scalped a ticket for 100 bucks and I think I have 2nd degree sun burn It was hot.

First quarter was a disaster. I thought it was going to be a long afternoon. Stanzi was absolutely horrible to start the game. First half, everyone played crappy just like against UNI. Then the 2nd half it was a whole new team (just like against UNI).

We can NOT start off slow against Arizona next week or against any big 10 team. We have to get better in the first half. The game was a blowout, but we did not play well for the majority of the game. Think that just shows how bad ISU is.
    I'm thrilled with a win, but it certainly wasn't pretty. (1st half i'm talking about)

vCash
    iowa looked great today!

vCash
    Five plays that changed the game

The onside oops

Iowa State tried an ill-fated onside kick after taking the lead with a 46-yard first-quarter field goal, but it didn’t succeed. Iowa linebacker Bruce Davis recovered at midfield, and an offsides penalty exacerbated the damage. Iowa moved from the ISU 41 to the 12 when Trey Stross caught a 17-yard Ricky Stanzi pass, then Adam Robinson broke outside on a run to the 1. Stanzi put Iowa in front with a first-and-goal swing pass to an all-alone Brett Morse, the first of four Hawks to score their first career TD.

The costly facemask

ISU’s Christopher Lyle forced Stanzi out of the pocket on a second-and-20 pass play from the Iowa 10, and Stanzi’s ill-advised attempt to throw the ball away appeared to have put ISU in a certain scoring situation. Cornerback Leonard Johnson picked the football off along the right sideline and took it back to the 7. But it was all for naught. Lyle got his hands on Stanzi’s facemask, and the potentially critical play was negated.

Sash pick two

Tyler Sash’s second interception of the game set up Iowa’s second touchdown late in the second quarter. He picked the ball off near midfield after it was tipped by fellow safety Brett Greenwood and returned it 31 yards to the ISU 24, hurdling ISU quarterback Austen Arnaud in the process. Stanzi made it count by hitting Derrell Johnson-Koulianos for an 18-yard touchdown three plays later. DJK appeared to get away with a push on ISU’s Kennard Banks before the score. Iowa took a 14-3 lead into intermission.

The fumble

A first half marred by five interceptions at least had been fumble-free. That changed on the first possession after intermission. On a third-and-2 run from the ISU 39, Cyclones running back Alexander Robinson lost the football while being tackled by Hawkeyes linebacker A.J. Edds. Jeremiha Hunter, hero of the previous week’s Iowa win, fell on the ball at the 48 to set up Iowa’s third touchdown drive.

Greenwood pick two

Not to be outdone by strong safety Tyler Sash, free safety Brett Greenwood — the senior from Bettendorf — grabbed his second interception midway through the third quarter and returned it 17 yards to give Iowa possession at midfield. After a 39-yard Stanzi-to-Trey Stross hookup, freshman tailback Brandon Wegher finished the deal, flying home from the 1 to start the fans trickling from the stadium with 20 minutes of action yet to play.
    Hawkmania

vCash
    I just want to say that I think Adam Robinson and Brandon Wegher are a great one-two punch. Wegher looked amazing for a true freshman and just got stronger the more he ran. I think we've got some exciting years ahead with him.

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast