Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

SEC Week One Thread

A look at some results from the SEC in Week One

Texas A&M 52 South Carolina 28

They lost Johnny Football and then Kenny Hill comes in and throws for 511 yards and 3 touchdowns the first game of the season against a big SEC opponent.

Ole Miss 35 Boise State 13

Bo Wallace came to life late in the game as he ended up with 387 yards and 4 touchdowns to go along with 3 interceptions. Ole Miss put up 4 touchdowns in the 4th quarter to run away.

Temple 37 Vanderbilt 7

Is it too late for Vanderbilt to beg James Franklin to come back and literally send out the dump truck full of money? It seems like as quickly as Vanderbilt became relevant they may have fallen back into the dumpster.

Kentucky 59 UT-Martin 14

Not much to see here as UT-Martin is terrible. Kentucky was up 52-0 at the end of the 3rd quarter. Will be interesting to see what Kentucky does against a real opponent.

Alabama 33 West Virginia 23

The first half was interesting and then Alabama pulled away in the 2nd half. It remains to be seen but I don't think Alabama will be as good this season. They will still be a really good football team. But I didn't see them the #2 team in the country in this game.

Missouri 38 South Dakota State 18

A game that probably has some Missouri fans feeling a little uneasy. The game was 20-18 in the 3rd quarter and the yardage at the end of the game was almost even.

Auburn 45 Arkansas 21

Well Arkansas kept it close until halftime where the score was 21-21. Then Auburn took over and ran away with the game. They ended up nearly doubling Arkansas in yardage and having over 300 yards on the ground.

Miss State 49 Southern Miss 0

Not much to talk about in this one as Miss State doubled up Southern Miss in yardage.

LSU 28 Wisconsin 24

An ugly game that featured sloppy passing. Wisconsin only had 50 yards passing for the game but it still took a comeback from LSU to win this game. A lot of people crowing the SEC West for LSU may need and pause to rethink that after this game.

Tennessee vs Utah State

Game is on Sunday night.

Florida vs Idaho

The game got cancelled because of weather. Interesting to see how they handle this situation. There is really only one date that makes sense to replay the game but doing so will put both Florida and Idaho having long stretches without a break. It will put Idaho at having to play 11 weeks in a row. It will put Florida at having to play 9 in a row during the toughest part of their schedule.

Marcus Mariota

Some things I noted in games I watched:

-Auburn can still run all over you
    -Georgia's secondary doesn't look all that improved, but it may not matter because they can beat teams with front 7 and Gurley, who is pretty clearly the best RB in the nation even though the position is pretty good this year
    -Alabama's secondary also looks unimpressive, and the front 7 isn't as intimidating. Sims looked pretty solid to me, but it's not hard to look solid when you have Yeldon/Henry and those receivers.
    -LSU is still a Les Miles team and anything less than 9 wins is probably not happening.

Also, I didn't watch Ole Miss's game but I've always liked Bo Wallace as a college QB. Tough, determined, and a playmaker. The West is going to be interesting. The East looks wide open for my Gators, who tend to get slept on. They didn't play but they probably have the best defense in the conference, after seeing what they're doing in Baton Rouge and Tuscaloosa. Still very early though.

Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Also, I didn't watch Ole Miss's game but I've always liked Bo Wallace as a college QB. Tough, determined, and a playmaker. The West is going to be interesting. The East looks wide open for my Gators, who tend to get slept on. They didn't play but they probably have the best defense in the conference, after seeing what they're doing in Baton Rouge and Tuscaloosa. Still very early though.
    The West is gonna be very interesting with A&M, Bama, Auburn and LSU all fighting it out at the top.

I'm not giving my Gators anything until they prove it to me on the field. The defense is good that is almost a given what will that offense do is the question and under Muschamp the Gators have been mediocre offensively.

I can't imagine going to a game and staying there 3-4 hours waiting on the game only to see a single play and then have the refs decide to cancel it altogether. I would have been pissed.

I watched the game and Bo Wallace struggled a bit in the 1st half but he rebounded and was pretty sharp after halftime.

Marcus Mariota