Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Congrats to Wisconsin.

I'd like to see how it would have played out if Miami had a halfway decent offensive line that wasn't full of a bunch of ******* that have never seen a weightroom before in their life, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    Congrats to Wisconsin.

I'd like to see how it would have played out if Miami had a halfway decent offensive line that wasn't full of a bunch of ******* that have never seen a weightroom before in their life, though.
    Come on now, no excuses or complaining

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    Congrats to Wisconsin.

Well, there you have it.
    I've always looked for the perfect life to step into. I've taken all the paths to get where I wanted. But no matter where I go, I still come home me. ---Layne Staley

vCash
    The O-line road-graded the Miami defense. That run game was super. The TE's did a whole lot more damage than I ever thought they would. I figured the athletic LB's and safetys would at least contain them. Very good effort...I honestly thought the opening kick off was the way that game was going to go. Sweet win, Badgers.
    I've always looked for the perfect life to step into. I've taken all the paths to get where I wanted. But no matter where I go, I still come home me. ---Layne Staley

vCash
    bump, I updated the schedule for this year

vCash
    MADISON, Wis. — Wisconsin kick returner David Gilreath is not on the depth chart for Saturday's game against Arizona State after being knocked out and sustaining a concussion early in the third quarter of a 27-14 win over San Jose State.

Coach Bret Bielema says Gilreath was in his office on Sunday and embarrassed he had to be taken off the field in an ambulance. Bielema says he told the senior that the primary concern is his health.

There is no timetable for his return for the 11th-ranked Badgers.

Gilreath fielded a punt and was hit immediately by Peyton Thompson, who wrapped him up from the front and lifted him slightly. As Gilreath was being stood up, Dominique Hunsucker hit him hard from behind and made incidental helmet-to-helmet contact. He was released from the hospital late Saturday afternoon.
    -AP Report

vCash
    I wish the best for Gilreath. The Badgers are a great program and it sucks for them to lose him.

= N E W | Y O R K =

vCash
    Hope to see him back soon.

vCash
    Oglesby is out for the year, this leaves only walk-ons as back up tackles
    http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/105678238.html

the badgers have been hit hard by injuries this year

vCash
    I swear when I've checked in here before I never saw a Badgers thread. Go Bucky!
    SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!

vCash
    thought i'd try to get it going... help?

vCash
    sounds like the chances of getting a bcs bowl are not that good. i see MSU losing one, us winning out, and OSU winning out, leaving us the odd man out

My thought: Wisconsin might get totally screwed. Or, to be politically correct, the Badgers might get BCSed.

The Badgers were still celebrating their come-from-behind victory at Iowa, which completed one of the best two-game stretches in team history. A Wisconsin program that, under coach Bret Bielema, had struggled to win the big one stood tall and won two big ones: against No. 1 Ohio State and No. 15 Iowa.

A bye week beckoned for Bielema's crew before a manageable closing stretch: road games against Michigan and Purdue, and home games against Indiana and Northwestern. An 11-1 season seems certainly within reach for Wisconsin.

So what's the problem?

The BCS standings don't favor the Badgers. And depending how things shake out in the Big Ten with tiebreakers, Wisconsin could be left on the outside when BCS bowl selections are announced Dec. 5.

Here's the best-case scenario for Wisconsin: the Badgers win out and Michigan State drops two games. Wisconsin holds head-to-head tiebreakers against both Ohio State and Iowa and would earn the Big Ten's automatic BCS berth to the Rose Bowl by virtue of those wins.

The second-best scenario for Wisconsin is for both the Badgers and Michigan State to win out. The Spartans would win the Big Ten outright, but Wisconsin would be in a great position for an at-large BCS selection at 11-1 with wins against both Ohio State and Iowa.

But there's another scenario, which I consider likely and could melt some cheeseheads on Dec. 5.

What if Wisconsin, Michigan State and Ohio State all finish at 7-1 in Big Ten play? The Buckeyes and Badgers both would need to win out, and the Spartans would have to stumble once, most likely Saturday at Iowa, for this to happen. But it's hardly a stretch.

According to Big Ten tiebreaker rules, if there's a three-team tie and two of the teams don't play, like Michigan State and Ohio State this season, the automatic BCS berth goes to the highest-ranked team in the final BCS standings.

Although Ohio State (No. 11) currently ranks behind both Michigan State (No. 5) and Wisconsin (No. 10) in the BCS standings, it's very possible the Buckeyes could leapfrog both teams. The Spartans would take a BCS hit with a loss, and Ohio State likely would get a sizable BCS boost with a road win at Iowa.

As for Wisconsin? The Badgers don't really have another opportunity for a signature win. So despite a convincing win against Ohio State, Wisconsin could be jumped by the Buckeyes, who don't trail by much in BCS average (.6584-.6356).

Wisconsin then would be competing with Michigan State for a BCS at-large berth, and the Spartans' head-to-head win would help their cause.

"It's a narrow edge, and the Buckeyes' remaining schedule looks slightly more difficult -- enough that it would probably swing the computers in their favor," ESPN's BCS analyst Brad Edwards wrote to me in an e-mail. "I don't think it's a slam dunk, but I would lean toward Ohio State coming out ahead in the BCS."

Unreal. Wisconsin would end the season on a seven-game win streak, but Ohio State, which lost to the Badgers, might go to Pasadena.

Badgers fans would be outraged, and understandably so. This is a little different than 2006, when an 11-1 Wisconsin team didn't make a BCS bowl because of the limit on teams per conference (2).

One culprit is the schedule, a sore subject for many Wisconsin fans who want upgrades. Ohio State's win against Miami helps its cause with the BCS computers much more than any of Wisconsin's nonconference wins (UNLV, San Jose State, Arizona State, Austin Peay).

Wisconsin should stay ahead of Ohio State in the human polls because of Oct. 16, but the computers can swing things.

"Whenever two teams are basically equal in the polls, the computers serve to break the tie between those teams," Edwards told me. "Schedule strength is a major factor in the computers, and the conference portion of the schedule is basically equal, so the mere fact that Miami is better than Arizona State could be enough to swing the computers in Ohio State's favor."

Perhaps this will prompt Barry Alvarez to beef things up a bit.

There's still a long, long way to go, and hope for the Badgers. I'll get into this more later this week in my rooting interest piece, but Wisconsin should start pulling for whomever plays Ohio State and Michigan State. The Badgers also can help themselves with some convincing wins in November.

Wisconsin looks worthy of a BCS berth. Will the Badgers get one?

Stay tuned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gottaHaveHart View Post
    sounds like the chances of getting a bcs bowl are not that good. i see MSU losing one, us winning out, and OSU winning out, leaving us the odd man out
    Iowa will beat MSU this weekend.

If that happens and Wisconsin wins out, they're in the Rose Bowl.

Wisconsin beat OSU, so they own the tiebreaker over them. You just need MSU to lose to Iowa.

vCash
    oh hey, there's some people in here

I COULD see 11-1, and we could do it easily. However, Michigan and Northwestern certainly scare me.
    Last edited by Fool; 10-27-2010 at 03:26 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by croce_99 View Post
    Iowa will beat MSU this weekend.

If that happens and Wisconsin wins out, they're in the Rose Bowl.

Wisconsin beat OSU, so they own the tiebreaker over them. You just need MSU to lose to Iowa.
    MSU needs to lose twice, since OSu and MSU don't play, MSU holds the tie breaker over us, then it goes to BCS ranking, and OSU will probably be ranked higher if we both win out due to strength of schedule

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast