Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Hybrid View

vCash

Heatley to the Blackhawks??

The buzz around Ottawa today is that Chicago has, in a big way, stepped into the Heatley sweepstakes.

Was told this morning Chicago was pitching 'ideas' on a trade for Heatley, to Bryan Murray.

As today has progressed, I heard that both sides have hit a 'common ground' on a Heatley trade.

So far ZERO names have come out, in regards to who would be coming back to Ottawa and if anyone else would be heading to Chicago.

A trade package hasn't been agreed upon yet, nor has Chicago tabled an official offer yet, but it is a promising sign to see a team moving aggressively in pursuit of Heatley.
    ------------------------------------------

I realize a lot people are going to question why the Hawks want him or how Chicago could fit Heatley under the cap, Iím wondering the same thing, but it's the big news on the Heatley front.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Mark-...awks/121/22805

vCash
    That's easy. Tallon screwed up their cap situation when he failed to timely tender RFA offers. It resulted in signing several RFAs to UFA contracts (on top of paying for Campbell, Huet and Hossa), which they now have to dump before next off-season when Kane, Toews and Keith become RFAs. Likely Sharp, Byufglien, Versteeg or someone else going the other way for Heatley, if they deal him to Chicago. Probably the best Ottawa could have hoped for. Certainly much better than what they could have gotten in the Edmonton deal.

vCash
    I don't think this will ever happened Heatley to Chicago
    Columbus Vancouver Buffalo are better destinations

vCash
    He wouldn't go to Buffalo or Columbus.

vCash
    Not anymore.........