lukowich
    obrien
    wellwood
    schnieder

dunno if im missing any1 what do you guys think
    Cause Day N Nite...

vCash
    Gillis is a godsend.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Well despite many misspelled names I still got the jist of this post. I think Nonis certainly did some good. Obviously the Luongo trade was incredible. Bring in Willie Mitchell was a great move. After that there were some good moves but overall nothing amazing. Just a lot of veterans who never really panned out that much. Gillis on the otherhand brought in a lot of guys who almost got us a cup last year and have a solid shot at a cup run this year. In about two or three years it will definitely be Gillis. As of now it still is but because it hasnt been that long its still not a clear decision.

vCash
    Gillis hands down. I am not a Nonis fan at all and couldn't wait for that Burke-Nonis regime to leave. I've posted about this a lot so I'm not going to go on and on about it again.

vCash
    Nonis made us a quality team, Gillis made us a contender.

vCash
    yes, we should all be grateful nonis was able to get luongo.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    definitely a little to early to tell but seeing how Gillis is doing this season I think that in a few years Gillis would be the GM we will remember that brought us the cup...(drool)

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net

vCash
    Gillis easily. Not only the good players he's brought in, but the players he unloaded. This is a completely different team from a couple of years ago, except for a few players (Sedins, Luongo, etc) I think this is the best Canucks team they've had in a long time - and I don't think he's done improving the team.

vCash
    i miss Burke but starting to like gillis lots as well........nonis had no chance but got us lui and that is what he will be known for

vCash
    You wouldn't be where your at now without Nonis but I've got to admit Gillis has made some great moves. He pried Ehrhoff and Lukowhich away from us without giving anything up except a couple failed prospects.........

vCash
    Burke (aka Hot Air):

- every goalie he picked up was the "goalie of the future", none of them even ended up being a decent starter
    - the Todd Bertuzzi incident lies at his feet
    - completely unable to create a second line in the entire time he was here, Canucks were easy pickings for anyone who could shut down the top line
    - Jovanovski as a defensive leader? No more comment needed.

Nonis:

- picked up Luongo who desperately wanted out of the Panthers organization so he wouldn't have to face 70+ shots per night
    - dealing with "Hairtrigger Mike" Keenan who coveted Bertuzzi when Keenan was in Vancouver
    - easy deal
    - FA pickups for Nonis? Look em up - Byron Ritchie is probably the "standout"
    - we owe nothing to Dave Nonis, poor guy was the most ill-equipped NHL GM since poor Gord Stellick was hired by Harold Ballard for the Leafs

Gillis:

- professional agent, knows both sides of the bargaining table
    - knows prospects, knows talent
    - unlike Burke, he signs his players without negotiating through the press
    - unlike Nonis, he signs players that teams would actually want

vCash
    very nice run down, ink.

<3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    very nice run down, ink.
    Probably way too harsh, but just trying to make a point. I really think Gillis is head and shoulders above the others. Every time he makes a move it makes sense.

vCash
    there's a reason why we named him team president. He knows what he's doing. I love hearing him speak in interviews too. He just carries himself like no one else.

<3

vCash
    That was very well done, I agree that Gillis has done some great things so far, just this off-season alone! He's signed everyone from last year's team (those that are staying), he brought Mats over (which was almost an impossible feat to begin with it seemed), he's a classy guy who only says what needs to be heard in the press, he knows players and GMs. A great businessman. Gillis is turning this team into a desireable place to play. It's a fantastic beautiful city for sure, and now the team is becoming a contender. I can't wait to see what he does next.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast