Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should Mitch Richmond be in the HOF?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 72.41%
  • No

8 27.59%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash

Mitch Richmond: HOF?

There's a few HOF threads going on right now, but it made me think of a guy who I think have been over looked for a while now. Mitch Richmond. He was stuck in Sac-town for a large part of his career and had to lose a lot of games there, but he put up grreat numbers on a winning team in Goldenstate before being relegated to Sac-town. He made the All-NBA Second team three times and the third team twice, got 6 straight All-Star game appearances (should have had a couple more if you ask me), won a bronze medal in 88 and a gold medal in 96, got All-Star game MVP (hey... it's something?) the Rookie of the Year award, earned a ring in LA (well.... he dribbled out the ball and the clock ran down), and he had a decent college career (though, nothing that would make him HOF worthy). He was a great shooter too. I think, being on a lottery team for as long as he was, hurt his chances a lot. He likely was as good as Reggie Miller, but Miller had a lot of great playoff performances that people remember, Richmond, not so much.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    One of the most underrated 2's ever.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    No

vCash
    yes. his productivity is pretty much the same as kobe if kobe didnt take so many shots

vCash
    This is another yes. The whole of RUN TMC will make the Hall of Fame along with Marculionis.

vCash
    on the fence here, but considering he made 5 all NBA teams, and the leniency the BHOF allows, I say yes. Not first or second ballot, but he gets in.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    borderline out

if he played more D, took more 3's, and passed just a tad more, he'd walk in.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Imagine if this guy played on a good team. Dude was a force offensively, and teams focused their defense on him every night. Still managed to average 22, 4 and 4 over his career. 85% from the line and near 40% from 3. Great career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by el hidalgo View Post
    yes. his productivity is pretty much the same as kobe if kobe didnt take so many shots

Anyways, no, don't think so. Even though he was part of the 02 Laker title team, he was basically washed up by that time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    Imagine if this guy played on a good team. Dude was a force offensively, and teams focused their defense on him every night. Still managed to average 22, 4 and 4 over his career. 85% from the line and near 40% from 3. Great career.
    yep. He just didn't have any playoff experience in the slightest, and it kills his career ranking.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    As of right now, Carmelo Anthony is the Mitch Richmond of this era.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    As of right now, Carmelo Anthony is the Mitch Richmond of this era.
    Not so much.

Richmond averaged 16.4 FGA per game and Carmelo is at 19.3

Richmond was at 26.0 USG% and Carmelo 31.2%

Richmond was a career .557 TS% and .497 eFG

Carmelo is at .544 and .478

Carmelo took more high percentage shots then Richmond, yet shot at a notably lower clip. Carmelo held the ball more and took more shots.

Therefore Carmelo is lower efficiency shooter that shoots more. He certainly caused his teams more problems fitting in then Richmond ever did.

Sorry, don't like your comp - at all.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    no way
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    Westbrook is like a younger version of A.I. mixed w/ 23 yr. old Kobe.
    WELCOME TO PSD

vCash
    What were Richmond's strengths and weaknesses? How was his d? How does his shot compare to Reggie Miller, Ray Allen and Glen Rice? His penetrating ability? Unfortunately, as time fades, people kind of forget some of these player's games.

vCash
    Mitch Richmond, Glen Rice, Reggie Miller, and Steve Smith. They were the best SG's back in the day not named Jordan. Mitch had 10 straight years of scoring 20+ point from his rookie year. Then 19.7, 17, and 16 points in the next 3 years. Then 4 points per game in his last year with the Lakers.

Don't use that Laker's season against him, he deserved the championship. YES HOF.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast