Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Kazmir pitched on the 26th (6 IP 4 H 1 ER 10 K 1 BB) so the earliest he would pitch for us is probably August 31st vs the Mariners
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty1Kenobi View Post
    according to that link i posted above. Kazmir told the media that he had just played catch with James Price "for the last time".
    "James" Price name is actually David

vCash
    LOL! Sorry about that! At least I didn't say Vincent!!!!

YOUR ADD HERE!!!!

vCash
    According to Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times, the Scott Kazmir deal will be finalized within the hour.
    The Rays have yet to confirm or even discuss any of these reports, but Topkin is as close to the team as anyone. Kazmir is reportedly headed to the Angels for prospects Alexander Torres, Matthew Sweeney and a PTBNL.
    I can't believe this is happening. I'm in shock.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Lol James Price!!

UPDATE, 5:40; Latest word is there will be an announcement of the deal within an hour. Kazmir was just on the field and said he was playing catch with David Price for the last time. "It was our routine,'' he said, then asked reporters, again, if they had gotten official word yet.
    Angels:
    Lakers:
    Rams:ray:
    OSU Beavers (Baseball):

vCash
    UPDATE, 7:05: Hmm .. Now word is there won't be any announcement until after game. That could mean there is a hitch, or it could mean there is just some protocol to be followed in Rays officials talking to Kazmir.

YOUR ADD HERE!!!!

vCash
    Yeah, St. Petersburg Times is reporting it's a done deal. LA Times reported earlier that it was, but now they're just citing SPT in their story.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fresh prince View Post
    I doubt this Kazmir thing happens now.. The Rangers, White Sox, M's or any other team with a lesser record than ours can now step in a claim Kazmir off waivers..
    If I'm not mistaken, he cleared waivers earlier this month (no one claimed him) which means TB can deal him to whomever they want?

But I may be mistaken, these waiver rules are tough to completely understand.

vCash
    Great news! This is a great pick up.

vCash
    His numbers aren't too sexy this year (8-7 with a 5.92 ERA and 91 SO and 1.541 WHIP) but we know that he can actually pitch and now don't have to bank on unproven players (Bell, Palmer, O'Sullivan) for the playoffs. I'm sure his poor numbers are somewhat of a side-affect of pitching in the brutal east, and we definitely need to pick up wins on TEX, so this should help

vCash
    His numbers are probably more a product of his injury than the division he's pitching in.

Here's a good article on his value going forward, written at the end of July.
    Visit my Blog.

vCash
    UPDATE, 7:31: Not sure how good of a poker player Angels manager Mike Scioscia is, but here is what he just told reporters in Anaheim: "There's a lot of speculation out there. There is nothing imminent.''

He wouldn't comment specifically on Kazmir, and declined to define "imminent."

But he also said that Angels GM Tony Reagins "talks to clubs every day. There is nothing out there right now that seems like it is going to happen.''
    Who the hell knows anymore.
    Visit my Blog.

vCash
    well this is obnoxious
    If you think this is my signature, you're right!

vCash
    Scioscia is a very good poker player but i know hes bluffin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    Scioscia is a very good poker player but i know hes bluffin
    That's what I'm thinkin. If he's cleared waivers, what's to stop us from completing this deal, unless TB changes their mind.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast