Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

who will have a better career?

who do you guys think will have a better career tim lincecum or stephen strasburg? it is very possible these two will be the pitchers of the next decade. i hope its timmy cause i am a giants fan but i just dont know they both are amazing talents. this is just opinion of course. buy just wondering what you guys thought? feel free to throw someone else in that mix if you want but please be realistic.

vCash
    Assuming Strasburg isn't a bust. It's Strasburg.

But Steven has done nothing and Timmy has already accomplished a Cy Young. So who knows?
    Last edited by NCBoSoxfan21; 08-18-2009 at 01:00 PM.

BRING BARRETT TO CAROLINA, GETTLEMAN!

MMA FIGHTERS: WERDUM, JONES, SONNEN, MAYHEM, BELFORT, HENDRICKS, MAYNARD, ALDO, WINELAND

vCash
    Timmy.....Strasburg will be in Dr. Andrews office sooner rather than later...I predict a Wood-esque career

Props.LgnD.

vCash
    Okay people we need to relax a little with the Strasburg hype! I am very happy for the Washington Nationals that they finally have a player they can build a franchise around and hopefully start turning things around, however.....

Do you think maybe we should let the kid throw a pitch in the MLB before we induct him into the Hall of Fame and rename the Cy Young award????

vCash
    tim lincecum already has a cy young, very easily could win another this year. Strasburg has shown nothing that doesn't lead me to fear elbow and arm problems. I'll go with lincecum
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    i think strasburg is tryin to get all the money he can, cause he knows if he's a bust he's got his money and set for life *coughtryanleaf*

vCash
    Timmy is more than likely going to win his second Cy Young in his 2nd full year in the big's, and Strausburg is pitching for the Nationals....everyone thought Dave Price was going to be the savior of the Rays, he has been decent but hasn't lived up to his hype and i don't think Strausburg will either
    Want me to make you a painting similar to this vvvvvv?? Message me and we can work something out

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    The Lions defense is better than SF...run, pass, whatever...they are badder and better... Cook the stats however you want to say SF is better at stopping the run or whatever but the Lions defense is better at winning games.
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Oh I'm sorry I didn't bring the real facts you are looking for.
    Here it is:
    5-0

vCash
    i am one that thinks he will not be a bust and if he is safe from injurys i see him in lincecum 1 and 2 in cy young votings for the next 6-7 years and that is no disrespect to the cains, josh johnsons, and kershaws of the world. ( baring injuries of course)

vCash
    Timmy is going to have the better carrer but strasburg is going to make the nats better
    and once harper come's they are going to be a great pitcher catcher duo.

vCash
    Maybe he should throw a pitch in the minor leagues first and face semi- major league ready players before we have him in the race for the CY Young award. Oh and there are some other pitchers I would consider a little more deserving of consideration for the front runners of the award going into next season. See: Johan Santana, Josh Johnson, Chris Carpenter, Matt Cain, Clayton Kershaw, Cliff Lee. God the kid hasn't even faced anywhere near a major league ready hitter and already we're penciling him in for a season where he is competing with Lincecum for the Cy Young award? Meaning around a 18-4 year with around a 2.30 ERA and 200+ Ks in around 190 innings pitched in his first year?

vCash
    Tim Lincecum is already the best pitch in baseball and has a Cy Young under his belt (and could be on his way to number 2). Stephen Strasburg is yet to a throw a baseball in professional sports. So, I'll take Tim for now.

vCash
    If Strasburg is to be better than Timmy, he will have to win multiple Cy Youngs, average 18 W's and 250 K's a season for the next decade.

vCash
    I call dibbs on the next thread, Harper vs. Babe Ruth.

vCash
    All I have to say is, one has a cy young, and one never threw a pitch in the majors...

vCash
    great question. but i'll go with the player who is already dominating the sport.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast