Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 435
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Malvern, PA
    Posts
    80,126
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Thought you might find it interesting that I had Bill Clement hanging out with me at karaoke a couple weeks ago. Long story short, GREAT guy. We spent a while talking about Pronger and my belief that we get 3 parades this year (um, no, no 76ers I'm afraid).

    He couldn't have been nicer. AND... he let me try on his Stanley Cup ring. I almost c ouldn't give it back. I felt like Frodo.
    Great story man. Always nice when stories involving people in the sports world do not end with the person being labeled a ******* or douche

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Exton
    Posts
    18,680
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LegionofDoom627 View Post
    No More Sorrow- Linkin Park
    My man.

    Of course it would be one of my favorite bands.

    He woulda been ****ed in Washington...
    Update: Turns out he was ****ed in Kansas City too

    Flyers PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2009
    Phillies PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2010

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Southern NJ
    Posts
    3,451
    vCash
    1500
    Back from the Rocky Mountains. What did I miss?

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The **** Hole that is Western PA
    Posts
    1,044
    vCash
    1500
    Thought I'd get this thread going again with something I have been thinking about for awhile. I've been a Flyers fan for 14 years (since I was 6), before I went to PSU i lived 20 minutes away but never got to go to a lot of games because of the cost. (Maybe 2 games a year) Seeing as I havn't been in the stadium as often as I would like I might not be too familiar with what I'm asking and we may already have one so bear with me.

    Why don't we have a revered section in the Wachovia Center? Along the lines of Oakland's Black Hole or Cleavland's Dog Pound. I mean I guess our entire stadium is just that loud and rabid, but aside from the family section, which is anything but, I don't think we have just a designated infamous named part of Wachovia. We got the legendary Sign Man and we got Sean Hill as regulars in the Center but a section of just hardcore Flyers fans would be something. Thoughts?
    Philadelphia Flyers: 22-19-3 45 pts 9th Eastern Conf.
    Philadelphia Eagles: *Offseason*
    Philadelphia Phillies: *Offseason*Back to Back NL Champions, Welcome Roy Halladay
    Philadelphia 76ers: 10-26 but AI is back
    The Pennsylvania State University: #11 Capital One Bowl 19-17 PSU 11-2
    http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=56313&dateline=126021  0721 10G 16A 26P


  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lancaster/Blacksburg
    Posts
    2,573
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LegionofDoom627 View Post
    Thought I'd get this thread going again with something I have been thinking about for awhile. I've been a Flyers fan for 14 years (since I was 6), before I went to PSU i lived 20 minutes away but never got to go to a lot of games because of the cost. (Maybe 2 games a year) Seeing as I havn't been in the stadium as often as I would like I might not be too familiar with what I'm asking and we may already have one so bear with me.

    Why don't we have a revered section in the Wachovia Center? Along the lines of Oakland's Black Hole or Cleavland's Dog Pound. I mean I guess our entire stadium is just that loud and rabid, but aside from the family section, which is anything but, I don't think we have just a designated infamous named part of Wachovia. We got the legendary Sign Man and we got Sean Hill as regulars in the Center but a section of just hardcore Flyers fans would be something. Thoughts?
    our crowds are already legendary, and you'd like to pack together the best of the worst into one section? that's evil haha. no i think the problem is you are comparing a 50,000+ seat stadium to a 20,000 seat arena. if there were more seats then i could see it happening, but since the wachovia center sells out on a consistent basis i doubt it would ever work.

    Officer Carcillo doesn't want a f*cking liter of cola

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The **** Hole that is Western PA
    Posts
    1,044
    vCash
    1500
    Ya that's kinda what I thought but I mean something like one section that just wears the orange crush the entire season kind of like a student section at any college football stadium and then during the playoffs they wear black or make a black F in the orange.
    Philadelphia Flyers: 22-19-3 45 pts 9th Eastern Conf.
    Philadelphia Eagles: *Offseason*
    Philadelphia Phillies: *Offseason*Back to Back NL Champions, Welcome Roy Halladay
    Philadelphia 76ers: 10-26 but AI is back
    The Pennsylvania State University: #11 Capital One Bowl 19-17 PSU 11-2
    http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=56313&dateline=126021  0721 10G 16A 26P


  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,454
    vCash
    1500
    You mean kinda like me this weekend an 7 other home weekends at Penn State? hahahahahahahahahaha

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The **** Hole that is Western PA
    Posts
    1,044
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by pf289 View Post
    You mean kinda like me this weekend an 7 other home weekends at Penn State? hahahahahahahahahaha
    Exactly like that my man, its so bad ***, and its impressive, where are you gonna be at the S Zone? Ill be somewhere in that white mass.
    Philadelphia Flyers: 22-19-3 45 pts 9th Eastern Conf.
    Philadelphia Eagles: *Offseason*
    Philadelphia Phillies: *Offseason*Back to Back NL Champions, Welcome Roy Halladay
    Philadelphia 76ers: 10-26 but AI is back
    The Pennsylvania State University: #11 Capital One Bowl 19-17 PSU 11-2
    http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=56313&dateline=126021  0721 10G 16A 26P


  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Best city on earth!!!
    Posts
    14,534
    vCash
    1500
    post 12,000!
    Thanks Lgnd!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,939
    vCash
    1500
    Here's a discussion piece for everyone...Do you think that the Flyers might go for Kessel? Now before you go all ******* about him being to expensive and salary cap and all that crap remember, he won't be ready until around December (which means 1/4 of his cap hit will take affect this year) and he is still a RFA. We could trade over Jones/Carle and either a prospect or Carcillo or Cote...or all of them screw it. What do you think? I think while I think the Flyers upper management should be attempting to work a miracle, they won't do it for sure, but hell it's still offseason and I wanted to stir somethin up in this forum for once. Lets face it, its getting boring in here.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,296
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Here's a discussion piece for everyone...Do you think that the Flyers might go for Kessel? Now before you go all ******* about him being to expensive and salary cap and all that crap remember, he won't be ready until around December (which means 1/4 of his cap hit will take affect this year) and he is still a RFA. We could trade over Jones/Carle and either a prospect or Carcillo or Cote...or all of them screw it. What do you think? I think while I think the Flyers upper management should be attempting to work a miracle, they won't do it for sure, but hell it's still offseason and I wanted to stir somethin up in this forum for once. Lets face it, its getting boring in here.
    Why won't he be ready to play until December? where did you hear he won't be ready until then?
    I would love him on this team but he wants the same deal that carter has. even if we dumped carle or jones we couldn't afford him. And if we offered them carcillo or cote for his rights chiarelli would spit in homers face.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,939
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyonthespot View Post
    Why won't he be ready to play until December? where did you hear he won't be ready until then?
    I would love him on this team but he wants the same deal that carter has. even if we dumped carle or jones we couldn't afford him. And if we offered them carcillo or cote for his rights chiarelli would spit in homers face.
    Kessel is recovering from May 21 surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff and labrum in his left shoulder. While Kessel will not be ready for the season opener, Arnott said he’s progressing well and could skate sometime next week.

    There is a chance Kessel might not be fit to play until early December, so the Bruins don’t have to make a trade swiftly.

    From: http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...on+Bruins+news

    I was saying to throw in Carcillo along with Carle or Jones. He would not spit in Homers face because that would give them a great energy 3rd or 4th line guy. Like I said, since he won't be there until December his cap hit will be between 3/4 and 2/3. He will be taking less than Carter since he had a surgery on an injury that could flare back up. It might be a 2-3 year type deal worth about 3-4 million a year. Getting rid of either carle or jones alone would almost cover that. We also have a farm full of prospects that could be included.
    Last edited by LLMunchie619; 09-05-2009 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Add on...

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,296
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Kessel is recovering from May 21 surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff and labrum in his left shoulder. While Kessel will not be ready for the season opener, Arnott said heís progressing well and could skate sometime next week.

    There is a chance Kessel might not be fit to play until early December, so the Bruins donít have to make a trade swiftly.

    From: http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...on+Bruins+news

    I was saying to throw in Carcillo along with Carle or Jones. He would not spit in Homers face because that would give them a great energy 3rd or 4th line guy. Like I said, since he won't be there until December his cap hit will be between 3/4 and 2/3. He will be taking less than Carter since he had a surgery on an injury that could flare back up. It might be a 2-3 year type deal worth about 3-4 million a year. Getting rid of either carle or jones alone would almost cover that. We also have a farm full of prospects that could be included.
    oooohh yeah i forgot he got surgery...i still thought he would be ready by oct.? no?
    He wants atleast 5 million a year.....i dont think he is worth that much, 3-4 million sounds about right but he won't sign for less then 5.5 mill i bet.

    "However, the rumored asking price of $5 million a season to lock up the 22-year-old is proving that getting a deal done is harder than originally anticipated. Looking at the numbers Kessel posted this year, itís reasonable that he would want a bump upwards from his current $2.2 million salary. Also, Kesselís 36 goals put him among the league leaders and looking at the names surrounding him the average salary becomes $4.9 million a season. Unfortunately, that is a number the Bruins simply cannot match."

    "In a perfect world, Phil Kessel understands the rough economic climate along with the Boston Bruins salary cap woes and takes a $3.5-3.75 million deal per season for the next three years to remain in Boston. However, Kessel understands his worth in the market and wants his payday now, not in three years. In my honest opinion, this puts the Bruins in the spot to shop the 22-year-old if heís not willing to budge on the dollar amount. With the NHL Draft starting Friday, the issue of the future of Phil Kessel with the Boston Bruins will be addressed head on."

    He already shot down a contract that was worth 3.5 a year with the bruins, why would he come here and take that contract?

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,939
    vCash
    1500
    Good point. I thought the Bruins offered him less than that. (But its the philadelphia flyers man!! you have to take less to be a part of the greatest team in the worrrlllldd!!) Okay I got that outta my system. The Flyers have 1.8 mil free now and want to keep at least 1.5 free for midseason acquisitions. Say bye to Carle and you have 3.475 more. Waive Cote or get rid off him or something. Some idiots will claim him. That would bring us up to a total of 5.5+ mil free to work with. Those are all guys we don't need too. Screw it drop Jones while your at it and have Marshall or Syvret come up and play full time and we gain another 2.75 mil. Not much of a drop off from Carle and Jones to OKT and Syvret! We would be in Cap Heaven!!! ....NOW if we could just find someone to take all of that leftover garbage......

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,939
    vCash
    1500
    Burke seems to have a major hard-on for him anyways.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •