Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Didnt want to create a thread for this but want opinions.

1) PK Subban: I know we just signed Foster, but what would you guys guve up for him? Matt Read? What would it take to get him? Could we just Shea Weber him and make him an offer? Should we?

2) Scott Gomez: Bought out by Mont. I hated him at that contract..but since we have some cap flexibility id love to sign him if hell take a 1 year deal. Hed be a nive depth pickup imo. Thoughts?

“Too many people go through life complaining about their problems. I've always believed that if you took one tenth of the energy you put into complaining and applied it to solving the problem, you'd be surprised by how well things can work out.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

vCash
    Subban is a punk *****.
    Where would Gomez play?

vCash
    So the oilers just traded a 3rd round pick for Mark Fistric....he's 26 with an expiring and cheap contract......just ranting alittle because he would have been so nice for us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elate View Post
    Subban is a punk *****.
    Where would Gomez play?
    Subban IS a punk. But I'm thinking he might be one of those a**holes you like to have on YOUR team. Like I HATED Domi...but probably would have loved him if he was a Flyer...just sayin

Well I'm not sold on Scott Laughten yet..so idk about the line combos but something like:

Hartsy - Giroux - Voracek
    Schenn - Briere - Simmonds
    Gomez - Couturier - Read
    Wellwood - Talbot - Rusty

IDK just could be a nice depth signing if he could come cheap..

“Too many people go through life complaining about their problems. I've always believed that if you took one tenth of the energy you put into complaining and applied it to solving the problem, you'd be surprised by how well things can work out.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

vCash
    Schenn is playing on the first line, voraczech is moving to the third coturier......so......

"http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20130115_Flyers_Notes___Brayden_Schenn_likely_to_j oin_Flyers__top_line.html"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elate View Post
    Subban is a punk *****.
    Where would Gomez play?
    Subban is that kind of punk you love to have on your team. Think.....Scotty Hartnell, for example. Now I'm a big Scotty fan. Have been, for some time. I've got myself a Hartnell jersey and a #Hartnelldown T-shirt, for reference. But this is because I am a Philadelphia Flyer fan. If I were, lets just say, a Penguins fan, he'd be a red-headed, side-show-Bob lookin' goon. He'd be a douche. He takes cheap penalties. He mocks fans. He's generally, a d-bag on the ice. And for all of the reasons everyone else hates Scotty Hartnell, because he wears the orange the black and does it for us, I love him. I loved when he mocked that Hulk Hogan looking guy. When he stole that players glove? Hilarious. "Suck it Pfenuef" still rings in my ears today.

I feel the same would easily be said about PK Subban. He's a punk. He's a d-bag. But I'd love to have that guy on my team. I just hate him because he isn't.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    ^I feel exactly the same way. You can include Max Talbot as one of those guys too. If we could get Subban at a reasonable cost I would love that move.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by delfinko View Post
    ^I feel exactly the same way. You can include Max Talbot as one of those guys too. If we could get Subban at a reasonable cost I would love that move.
    And that's were the problem lies......."reasonable" isn't going to happen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Subban is that kind of punk you love to have on your team. Think.....Scotty Hartnell, for example. Now I'm a big Scotty fan. Have been, for some time. I've got myself a Hartnell jersey and a #Hartnelldown T-shirt, for reference. But this is because I am a Philadelphia Flyer fan. If I were, lets just say, a Penguins fan, he'd be a red-headed, side-show-Bob lookin' goon. He'd be a douche. He takes cheap penalties. He mocks fans. He's generally, a d-bag on the ice. And for all of the reasons everyone else hates Scotty Hartnell, because he wears the orange the black and does it for us, I love him. I loved when he mocked that Hulk Hogan looking guy. When he stole that players glove? Hilarious. "Suck it Pfenuef" still rings in my ears today.

I feel the same would easily be said about PK Subban. He's a punk. He's a d-bag. But I'd love to have that guy on my team. I just hate him because he isn't.
    TO use an example from a team most of us love to hate...... Malkin. As Flyers fans most of us cant stand him because he is cocky and always seems to get away with those cheap elbow shots but if he was scoring 40-50 goals for the Flyers most of us would probably have a different opinion of him.

vCash
    Hey everyone. I've been on PSD for a few years. I've mostly spent my time over on the Miami Dolphins board. It was only during the lockout that thought I really needed a hockey board to get my hockey fix so I came on over here and spent a few weeks just reading and whatnot and I liked what I saw. I kept up with last night GT and loved it (how could you not? Reader!) and I decided I want to be active around here so I figured I'd say hello and let's go Flyers! Puck drops in less than 8 hours!

2012(3) Football Season. Bring It. (Let's Go.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PSU Dolphins View Post
    Hey everyone. I've been on PSD for a few years. I've mostly spent my time over on the Miami Dolphins board. It was only during the lockout that thought I really needed a hockey board to get my hockey fix so I came on over here and spent a few weeks just reading and whatnot and I liked what I saw. I kept up with last night GT and loved it (how could you not? Reader!) and I decided I want to be active around here so I figured I'd say hello and let's go Flyers! Puck drops in less than 8 hours!
    welcome, Flyers GT's are definitely the best I've ever seen. l know most NFL ones are just people ranting about the same thing to themselves and nobody actually looks at the comments of others to hold a convo. However in the playoffs it gets crowded with bandwagon jumpers in here sometimes and its basically converted into the Yankees forum (from what I heaR)

vCash
    http://network.yardbarker.com/nhl/ar...plans/12826588

What's peoples thoughts on this actually happening? What would it cost us? Should we go after Bobby Ryan or Jerome Iginla?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KCFlyers View Post
    http://network.yardbarker.com/nhl/ar...plans/12826588

What's peoples thoughts on this actually happening? What would it cost us? Should we go after Bobby Ryan or Jerome Iginla?
    At this stage I dont' see Iginla getting moved....if he did it would be later in the year to a team that was have a strong season and favored to hit a cup run to give him a shot at that. I'm not really interested in giving up any good young guys for a rental at this point either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    At this stage I dont' see Iginla getting moved....if he did it would be later in the year to a team that was have a strong season and favored to hit a cup run to give him a shot at that. I'm not really interested in giving up any good young guys for a rental at this point either.
    Moving young guys is not a option or we would have had Weber already. But if Calgary isnt near playoffs they why wouldnt they take picks and prospects like Cousins?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Well hindsight is always 20/20. Our defense is looking mediocre our offense looks stagnant but Bryz looks beast. I still see scoring being a problem right now. Hopefully Simmonds is back this week and Hartsy back within 2-3 weeks so that will help for sure. But this is still a young season and we are FAR from out, and if we are getting our best goal tending outing since the Hexxie days then a safe bet would be we will make the playoffs. Never know what a vet presence like Iginla could do, and i do have a slight man crush on him. But yeah its a double edge sword. So the question really is would you bank on the Flyers making the playoffs this year? If so then you almost HAVE to make this / a trade. Anything to increase your chances to raise that cup...

Quote Originally Posted by KCFlyers View Post
    Moving young guys is not a option or we would have had Weber already. But if Calgary isnt near playoffs they why wouldnt they take picks and prospects like Cousins?
    So not true, Nashville never wanted to trade Weber, I mean they literally put their whole franchise on his back. They would never of traded him last year. Now this year maybe...if he continues to put up the numbers he is so far

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast