Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

IGT: Boston Bruins at Philadelphia Flyers

Time: 7:00pm
    Place: Wells Fargo Center

News & Notes:

- Bruins are coming off a 3-2 SO win over CBJ
    - David Krejci, who missed the last game against the Flyers, has returned to the lineup
    - Patrice Bergeron leads the team in scoring with 43 points
    - Flyers are coming off of a 4-3 loss to PIT on Thursday; their game against NYI was postponed due to the snowstorm
    - Sean Couturier did not practice and is not expected to play tonight; he is still day to day with a LBI
    - Claude Giroux leads the team in scoring with 37 points

vCash
    So, lineup changes!

Jordan Weal will make his Flyers debut tonight in place of RJ UMBERGER. He will also suit up on the 2nd PP unit. It is assumed he will be playing with Laughton and Read.

Manning will also replace Medvedev in the lineup and play on 2nd PP unit.

I'd rather Meds play, because I believe his positives far outweigh his negatives, but he had a rough week. I'll be the first to admit that. So while I'm not ok with him sitting, I understand this scratching more than previous ones. He was noticeably weak in the DZ last week especially in terms of turnovers.

vCash
    CORRECTION: Hakstol wants to wait until after warmups to decide on Weal being in for Umberger.

Hahahahaha man what does he not like about this kid?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    CORRECTION: Hakstol wants to wait until after warmups to decide on Weal being in for Umberger.

Hahahahaha man what does he not like about this kid?
    i don't think it is about the kid ... i think it is about: weal is going to be asked to play a defensive first bottom 6 role and is used to playing a score first top 6 role ... his defensive "responsibleness" is being questions in comparison to a 10+ year NHL vet in umberger ... i can see the hesitation and i would have it too

same thing happened for akeson ... he isnt nearly good enough to crack the top 6, but is better and faster than someone on that 3rd line ... but then, how big is the defensive drop-off in comparison to the offensive improvement

i also think that not playing umberger also hurts your ability to trade umberger, so that factors in too.

vCash
    Weal is IN. Gagner is OUT. Umberger remains in lineup.

No word on line combos of yet.

EDIT:

top line same

Read - Raffl - Schenn

Umberger - Laughton - Weal

3rd/4th line same
    Last edited by phillyeaglesman; 01-25-2016 at 05:20 PM.

vCash
    WTF?? Does Hakstol have a man crush on Umberger? Or does Umberger have dirt on Hakstol? How does this guy remain in the lineup?? That goes double for Ryan White.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maccanman View Post
    WTF?? Does Hakstol have a man crush on Umberger? Or does Umberger have dirt on Hakstol? How does this guy remain in the lineup?? That goes double for Ryan White.
    It has nothing to do with either of them. The coach thinks Jordan weal is not there defensively yet and isn't going to replace a bottom 6 guy with a guy who has basically been used as a top 6 guy thus far. While Umberger is not playing well at all, the gap between his defense and weal's defense must be sizable.

By sitting gagne and playing weal, coach hak keeps weal in a top 6 role and plays the matchups he wants, also weal gives up many pounds to white and Umberger, this is a hockey decision, nothing personal against Gagner, weal, Umberger, etc.

As I wrote above

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    It has nothing to do with either of them. The coach thinks Jordan weal is not there defensively yet and isn't going to replace a bottom 6 guy with a guy who has basically been used as a top 6 guy thus far. While Umberger is not playing well at all, the gap between his defense and weal's defense must be sizable.

By sitting gagne and playing weal, coach hak keeps weal in a top 6 role and plays the matchups he wants, also weal gives up many pounds to white and Umberger, this is a hockey decision, nothing personal against Gagner, weal, Umberger, etc.

As I wrote above
    I'm shocked, read-raf-schenn as a 2nd line

Umby-Laughton-weal as our 3rd line who will not see the ice more than 8-10min this game. Lol. Why even play weal in this scenario. I don't get this one. Have to see how this plays out.

vCash
    This penalty kill is god awful.

Umberger - What difference does it make if he's better suited for a bottom six role over weal/ gagner? The reality is he sucks and doesn't provide anything. Weal/ gagner/ cousins/ Leier would all be better choices.

vCash
    Funny how Medvedev sits for poor play, esp on PK, yet the PK still sucks. Been one consistent variable through all this: Nick Schultz.

And Couts being out but that's obvious.

I liked what I saw from Weal in that period. He's got wheels (haha), good vision. Yeah he's small but his speed and vision could potentially make up for it if he wasn't being weighed down by Umberger.

G played over 7:30 that period. Gonna be tough to keep that up while Couts is out. You're gonna waste him away to nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    Funny how Medvedev sits for poor play, esp on PK, yet the PK still sucks. Been one consistent variable through all this: Nick Schultz.

And Couts being out but that's obvious.

I liked what I saw from Weal in that period. He's got wheels (haha), good vision. Yeah he's small but his speed and vision could potentially make up for it if he wasn't being weighed down by Umberger.

G played over 7:30 that period. Gonna be tough to keep that up while Couts is out. You're gonna waste him away to nothing.
    It really is Schultz but he is another guy I think we just have to deal with in the nightly lineup until the TDL is over, him, Umberger, and quite frankly, Streit too.

vCash
    Much better period. Lots of PPs helped but even at ES team did much better in OZ.

vCash
    Wayne Train!!!

vCash
    Well that's brutal. First the Leafs game now this. Gotta find a way to get at least a point being tied late in games. Special teams again. PK just didn't get it done. Bad penalties early by Raffl and Del Zotto, just can't take them against a team that has the PP like the Bruins. Another tough loss.

vCash
    This team is nothing more than competitive. I can appreciate it night after night. Tough loss, again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast