Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 168 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 2520
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,877

    2017-18 Off-Season Thread

    Rubtsov to the AHL for the full year, Sandstrom to the AHL for the full year if he leaves the SHL, Myers to the NHL/AHL

    Lindblom, Sanheim, Hagg, Morin, and Leier to the NHL

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    14,754
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Rubtsov to the AHL for the full year, Sandstrom to the AHL for the full year if he leaves the SHL, Myers to the NHL/AHL

    Lindblom, Sanheim, Hagg, Morin, and Leier to the NHL

    Given the injuries I'd be surprised to see Rubtsov in the AHL next year. Who knows, maybe he impresses enough to earn that, but it wouldn't shock me to see Hextall send him back and give him a Provorov/Hart-esque mission to be the best forward in junior hockey next season.


    Leier frankly just may not have a spot on the team. Think of all the players that are going to be in the bottom 6 next year. Where does he fit? Who does he beat out (lets just assume PEB and Weise are locks)?

    Picture this as a forward group:

    Konecny-Giroux-Simmonds

    Weal-Filppula-Voracek

    Lindblom-Couturier-Schenn

    Raffl-Vecchione-Weise/PEB


    That's not even including Read if he somehow returns. Where does Leier fit? Or even Cousins for that matter? How about the forgotten men Laughton and NAK? I don't see VandeVelde coming back with this group in place.


    I actually really like the Flyers forward group going into next season the more I look at it. Having 3 centers allows you to play Weal pretty much anywhere and not have to be "the guy" on a line. I like Weise as a 4th liner to give them some scoring punch and Raffl would be one of the best 4th liners in the league with his shot suppression and play driving ability. Vecchione has some speed and could add some scoring, too. And in a small sample he's done well in FOs.


    I'm totally fine with trading Schenn to upgrade 5v5 scoring if possible, but if you can't, this group is pretty deep.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Seoul
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    Given the injuries I'd be surprised to see Rubtsov in the AHL next year. Who knows, maybe he impresses enough to earn that, but it wouldn't shock me to see Hextall send him back and give him a Provorov/Hart-esque mission to be the best forward in junior hockey next season.


    Leier frankly just may not have a spot on the team. Think of all the players that are going to be in the bottom 6 next year. Where does he fit? Who does he beat out (lets just assume PEB and Weise are locks)?

    Picture this as a forward group:

    Konecny-Giroux-Simmonds

    Weal-Filppula-Voracek

    Lindblom-Couturier-Schenn

    Raffl-Vecchione-Weise/PEB


    That's not even including Read if he somehow returns. Where does Leier fit? Or even Cousins for that matter? How about the forgotten men Laughton and NAK? I don't see VandeVelde coming back with this group in place.


    I actually really like the Flyers forward group going into next season the more I look at it. Having 3 centers allows you to play Weal pretty much anywhere and not have to be "the guy" on a line. I like Weise as a 4th liner to give them some scoring punch and Raffl would be one of the best 4th liners in the league with his shot suppression and play driving ability. Vecchione has some speed and could add some scoring, too. And in a small sample he's done well in FOs.


    I'm totally fine with trading Schenn to upgrade 5v5 scoring if possible, but if you can't, this group is pretty deep.
    As long as Schenn is on Coot's wing, I don't mind his 5v5 production. There's a lot to like about the lines above. We have a lot of projected depth going into next year if/ when there are injuries.

    Can Vecchione play on the PK? I'm just trying to figure out who can kill penalties if we can somehow force Belle out of the lineup.

    Giroux - They don't seem to want him on the PK anymore
    Simmonds
    Filppula
    Coots
    Raffl
    Vecchione?

    I love having two-way players like Raffl on the 4th line. We can finally role 4 lines effectively.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,426
    I am liking the additions the group will get on forward/defense. Lindblom, full year of flip and maybe weal, bottom six, potential add of sanheim, morin, and/or hagg will do wonders for this team.

    I am not super confident in the stolarz/neuvy tandem if thats the direction we go in.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,426
    think about this change for a sec:


    Raffl-Giroux-Simmonds
    Konecny-Couts-Voracek
    Raffl-Cousins-Read
    VV-PEB-Weise/lyubimov

    to

    Lindblom-Giroux-Voracek
    Konecny-Flip-Simmonds
    Weal/raffl-Couts-Schenn
    Raffl/weal-Vecchione-Peb/Weise

    you can come up with so many lineups with next year's potential group^^^
    HUUUGE improvement in terms of production.

    2nd pp is going to be great:
    konecny, couts, flip, provorov, lindblom, sanheim, weal as options. Hell, you can mix it up if the pp ain't working too:

    1st: G, Simmonds, Schenn, Ghost, Provorov
    2nd: Konecny, Lindblom, Couts, Sanheim, Voracek

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    14,754
    Vecchione killed penalties in college, I imagine he will get an opportunity to do so in the NHL. Couts, Simmonds, Flip, Raffl SHOULD be a part of this group, as should Giroux. There's nothing wrong with using him in certain situations. Even if it's only those 5, though, that's more than enough without PEB.


    That said, I'd expect PEB to be part of the lineup. Good news is it'll likely be at wing instead of center, which is a better fit for him.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    14,754
    Sutter and Lombardi fired by the Kings.

    No, I don't think the Flyers should go after Sutter. I don't think his system is a good fit with the current or future personnel of this team.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,426
    ya I don't get why they did that..they are still built to play sutter's system. They just need more offense and they should be back to the way they were.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    14,754
    Kings are in a bad spot. Big contracts to bad and aging players & no real farm depth at all.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,877
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    Kings are in a bad spot. Big contracts to bad and aging players & no real farm depth at all.
    Yep

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,392
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    Given the injuries I'd be surprised to see Rubtsov in the AHL next year. Who knows, maybe he impresses enough to earn that, but it wouldn't shock me to see Hextall send him back and give him a Provorov/Hart-esque mission to be the best forward in junior hockey next season.


    Leier frankly just may not have a spot on the team. Think of all the players that are going to be in the bottom 6 next year. Where does he fit? Who does he beat out (lets just assume PEB and Weise are locks)?

    Picture this as a forward group:

    Konecny-Giroux-Simmonds

    Weal-Filppula-Voracek

    Lindblom-Couturier-Schenn

    Raffl-Vecchione-Weise/PEB


    That's not even including Read if he somehow returns. Where does Leier fit? Or even Cousins for that matter? How about the forgotten men Laughton and NAK? I don't see VandeVelde coming back with this group in place.


    I actually really like the Flyers forward group going into next season the more I look at it. Having 3 centers allows you to play Weal pretty much anywhere and not have to be "the guy" on a line. I like Weise as a 4th liner to give them some scoring punch and Raffl would be one of the best 4th liners in the league with his shot suppression and play driving ability. Vecchione has some speed and could add some scoring, too. And in a small sample he's done well in FOs.


    I'm totally fine with trading Schenn to upgrade 5v5 scoring if possible, but if you can't, this group is pretty deep.
    I'd like to see Cousins and or Leighton in one of those 4th line wing spots over Weise/PEB. Not convinced Weal sticks either, but it's nice for the first time in a while to seemingly have options.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,392
    Quote Originally Posted by MShark View Post
    As long as Schenn is on Coot's wing, I don't mind his 5v5 production. There's a lot to like about the lines above. We have a lot of projected depth going into next year if/ when there are injuries.

    Can Vecchione play on the PK? I'm just trying to figure out who can kill penalties if we can somehow force Belle out of the lineup.

    Giroux - They don't seem to want him on the PK anymore
    Simmonds
    Filppula
    Coots
    Raffl
    Vecchione?

    I love having two-way players like Raffl on the 4th line. We can finally role 4 lines effectively.
    I'd imagine PEB, Filippula, Couturier, Simmonds would be the first 4 on the pk assuming bellemare is in the lineup. I'd like to see Raffl take Bellmare's spot, but I don't have confidence in Hakstol seating Bellemare on the bench.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,488
    The largest improvement is coming from the back end. We should have a far better time exiting zone and getting pucks on net. With Hagg and Morin, HDSC against should be down drastically and if we can get rid of MacD that should be amplified and exponentially so. I like how both Hagg and Morin showed the ability to jump up into the play, mobility, and aggression at the line. This should all translate to more possession for guys like Giroux and Couts.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,855
    I am pretty excited about the forward group minus Weise. I know he played quite well down the stretch but not a fan of him or the signing. Just taking the spot of a young player that I'd much rather see. But way more excited for the D:

    Hagg-Provy
    Ghost-Gudas
    Sanheim-Morin

    I don't even care the pairings, as long as Gudas and Morin aren't together of course. Just have to count down the days to September, lol.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,877
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    Given the injuries I'd be surprised to see Rubtsov in the AHL next year. Who knows, maybe he impresses enough to earn that, but it wouldn't shock me to see Hextall send him back and give him a Provorov/Hart-esque mission to be the best forward in junior hockey next season.


    Leier frankly just may not have a spot on the team. Think of all the players that are going to be in the bottom 6 next year. Where does he fit? Who does he beat out (lets just assume PEB and Weise are locks)?

    Picture this as a forward group:

    Konecny-Giroux-Simmonds

    Weal-Filppula-Voracek

    Lindblom-Couturier-Schenn

    Raffl-Vecchione-Weise/PEB


    That's not even including Read if he somehow returns. Where does Leier fit? Or even Cousins for that matter? How about the forgotten men Laughton and NAK? I don't see VandeVelde coming back with this group in place.


    I actually really like the Flyers forward group going into next season the more I look at it. Having 3 centers allows you to play Weal pretty much anywhere and not have to be "the guy" on a line. I like Weise as a 4th liner to give them some scoring punch and Raffl would be one of the best 4th liners in the league with his shot suppression and play driving ability. Vecchione has some speed and could add some scoring, too. And in a small sample he's done well in FOs.


    I'm totally fine with trading Schenn to upgrade 5v5 scoring if possible, but if you can't, this group is pretty deep.
    I think his speed and scoring touch on the 4th line is as good as Weise and PEB's but let's see how expansion plays out.

Page 1 of 168 1231151101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •