Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Future Flyers Watch

Figure since the Flyers actually have some legitimate prospects to talk about, it would be nice if they had their own thread.
    Last edited by phillyeaglesman; 10-19-2014 at 02:26 PM.

vCash
    Start this off with this article on the Phantoms home opener:

http://thehockeywriters.com/rezniks-...n-with-ot-win/

Part that sticks out to me most is Terry Murray on Ghost.

Here it is:

"...A lot of times their defense is they’re skating back into their own end and pressuring from behind using sticks, chipping pucks off blades of sticks and I see that in his game and that’s OK. I’m not going to change that. I want to encourage the big stuff from this kid because he’s got some big stuff in him.“When our team has the puck he excels. He’s really explosive. He’s very quick. He has incredible quickness – two strides. His hands are very quick. He pulls the puck from one side of his body to the other as good as most people you’re going to see. What I love for a player who has really good puck skill is he’s got a shot-first mentality – “I don’t care who’s out there…I’m shooting the puck”. And he’s got a really good, heavy, accurate shot that he gets through to the net.

Good to know that he has a coach down there that appreciates his skillset and is looking to highlight those skills, not force him to become something he's not.

vCash
    I really hope Hagg blossoms this year in the AHL. He reminds me of Brodin

vCash
    Sanheim and Fazleev were in action tonight. They defeated Regina 5-1. Fazleev had a goal.

Sanheim was named 1st star of the game. Scored 2 goals, took a puck to the face (may have lost a few teeth), missed a shift, came back, and assisted on Fazleev's goal. So he finished the night with 2 G and 1 A.

Sanheim now has 11 points (6 G 5 A) in 10 games this season. He scored 5 goals in 67 games last season.

Really can't help but be excited about this kid. I know it's early, but still, he's been damn impressive.

vCash
    Sanheim's goal from 2 games ago. He is #32 in white.

Starts the rush with a nice play in D zone and finishes on the other end. So sweet.

http://t.co/pZccA7Q8ZV

vCash
    http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...scott-laughton

like the idea of this thread ... laughton is doing some good things too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    Sanheim's goal from 2 games ago. He is #32 in white.

Starts the rush with a nice play in D zone and finishes on the other end. So sweet.

http://t.co/pZccA7Q8ZV
    ridiculous hands for a dman on the rush in close ... like a high round pick forward

vCash
    Here are Sanheim's 2 goals from last night. One wrister from the point off the face-off, the other joining the rush and finishing the play after he makes a break-up in the neutral zone to start the rush.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcKdo...ature=youtu.be

He's just off to a ridiculous start. I don't know if he's going to be able to keep up this PPG pace, but he's playing well even outside of that. Great to see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...scott-laughton

like the idea of this thread ... laughton is doing some good things too.

I think they should bring him up, put him between Schenn and Simmonds, drop Bellemare back to the 4th line.

I've been an advocate of Laughton to be on this team since training camp. He would help significantly at 5v5, PK, maybe even help that 2nd PP unit.

vCash
    Scott Laughton was named AHL Player of the Week for his 4 goals in 2 games performance. He had 2 PP goals, 1 ES goal, and 1 SH goal.

Great 2 games.

vCash
    Scott Laughton was named AHL Player of the Week for his 4 goals in 2 games performance. He had 2 PP goals, 1 ES goal, and 1 SH goal.

Great 2 games.
    just think where we'd be if we had steve ott, too. really missed an opportunity there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    just think where we'd be if we had steve ott, too. really missed an opportunity there.
    Good thing he went to the AHL where he could to that and develop.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    best thread ever. Slightly depressing its the first time a thread like this is relevant

So strange that just around 4 months ago, Sanheim was a strange pick since not many people had heard of him, ... and now in just his second season (some could argue first season of legit playing opportunities) he is on pace to threaten the WHL record of goals scored by a defenseman (he is on pace for 43, record is 50, and his scoring pace should only increase as time goes by) Imagine if he plays 4 seasons in the WHL, what his scoring pace would be by his last year

insane.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    I think they should bring him up, put him between Schenn and Simmonds, drop Bellemare back to the 4th line.

I've been an advocate of Laughton to be on this team since training camp. He would help significantly at 5v5, PK, maybe even help that 2nd PP unit.
    completely agree that would make the team better. Remember that Laughton looked like he belonged 2 years ago in the first 5 games of the lockout season. Since then hes put on a ton of muscle and obviously is a better player.

Once he hits 25/30 games in the AHL, they gotta look for chances to bring him up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    best thread ever. Slightly depressing its the first time a thread like this is relevant

So strange that just around 4 months ago, Sanheim was a strange pick since not many people had heard of him, ... and now in just his second season (some could argue first season of legit playing opportunities) he is on pace to threaten the WHL record of goals scored by a defenseman (he is on pace for 43, record is 50, and his scoring pace should only increase as time goes by) Imagine if he plays 4 seasons in the WHL, what his scoring pace would be by his last year

insane.

Wouldn't go that far with Sanheim. I don't think it's too likely that he keeps this pace up. If he does, fantastic, I certainly won't complain lol.

But I just don't see it. Asked a twitter buddy of mine who follows the CHL how likely it is that a D man puts up a PPG pace or better for the season. In total last year there were 6 between the Q, OHL, and WHL (where Sanheim is).

He also doesn't believe Sanheim will be able to keep it up, but he does agree that he's looked very good in all phases this year.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast