Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prospect Camp

vCash

Prospect Camp

I'm sure this won't get too much traffic, but I figure the Roster/Trade Thread is getting pretty full and I would at least like to talk about the camp. I plan on attending at least one day if I can find the time outside of my studies.

Flyers have a legit stable of prospects for the first time in a very long time.

Here's the full schedule of events:

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...id=DL|PHI|home

vCash
    Latest from prospect camp:

- Sanheim, Morin, Hagg all quoted saying they can play both sides of ice despite being LH. All prefer the left side, though.

- Ghost says he's up 15 lbs. from last year; he's 185 lbs. now. Sanheim says he's up 14 lbs from last year; now 198-199 lbs.

- Provorov says he's taking it one day at a time but his ultimate goal is to be on the Flyers roster this year; Sanheim said he wouldn't be upset if he was sent back to juniors but wants to be here.

- Hextall has talked with Konecny on signing an ELC and are currently working on the details.

vCash
    I'm interested to see how the extra muscle impact's ghosts skating...not to mention the recovery.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    I'm interested to see how the extra muscle impact's ghosts skating...not to mention the recovery.
    He says he's 100%, they aren't holding him out of any activities or anything. Had video interview but didn't really get a sense of what he looked like. Skating in the cone drills looked good. Gonna come down to how he looks in game action. He hasn't played in a game since last October or November.

I will say Sanheim looked noticeably bigger. Still pretty lanky but definitely bigger.

Also here's a short GIF of Provorov doing a little skating drill. He's so smooth:

https://twitter.com/BradyTrett/statu...52498429816832

vCash
    Here's a link with very little video of Morin, Ghost, Provy, and Sanheim.

http://youtu.be/xFpNXWxrsdY
    Seattle Seahawks Cincinnati Bengals
    Philadelphia Flyers Philadelphia Phillies
    Phoenix SunsNew York Knicks
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish Kansas Jayhawks

vCash

vCash
    REPORT: Hextall comes to training camp barefoot just in case

Hextall just proving he isnt going to deviate from his philosophy, nor should he.

I feel the same way. No reason to rush a guy or force him onto the roster. I am just confident Provorov will earn a spot. I think he is that good and that mature.

I will put it this way: if Provorov does not make the roster, it won't be because he is not ready, it will be because the Flyers are not ready.

vCash
    Sanheim looks verrry different. Make huge strides towards getting an NHL body.

Also, Ghost went from looking to a 12 year old skating at last camp to looking like the body of a NHLer.

Exciting to see their physical progression
    Last edited by Randall Stevens; 07-08-2015 at 07:48 AM.

vCash
    Forwards and D getting timed on burst from goal line to top of cirlce.

Aube-Kubel was fastest skater, followed by Martel for forwards.

D men times weren't announced, but from what I've read on twitter, looks like Provorov was the fastest, followed by Sanheim and Morin. Ghost finished behind them apparently; it may take him a little while longer to get his first stride burst back.

He hasn't lost overall speed from what many are saying, but those first few steps may be lagging a bit.

EDIT: saw video of Ghost. Didn't look too slow out of the gate IMO. Still very good speed.
    Last edited by phillyeaglesman; 07-10-2015 at 08:49 PM.

vCash
    http://www.courierpostonline.com/sto...reer/30022631/

Nice read on Provorov. I'm sure Brandon would LOVE to have him back, especially after they added Kylington in the import draft. They'll have a very good team next year even without Ivan, so to bring him back would be big for them.

Hextall was adamant about not giving 9 game trials; he says either you're ready to play or you're not. I agree 1000000% with this notion. So if he feels Provorov isn't ready, back to Brandon he goes.

vCash
    3 on 3 tournament today at 4:30pm. Gonna try to make it up there if I can. Should be entertaining.

vCash
    Couldnt get to camp today. Mighta been a good thing tho. Apparently players dont have name plates today for some reason.

vCash
    It was disappointing that it wasent full ice 3 v 3. They split it up the ice with a divider and had 2 games going at once. It was kinda lame since no one could get any speed. From what I saw Sanheim looked really good though, consistently made smart plays.

vCash
    http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...source=twitter

Nice write-up on the prospect camp of players who impressed.

Doesn't mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things, but it's nice to see the Flyers accumulating talent.

vCash
    For sure. It's nice to look at our prospects and have good reason about arguing as to who's better and who should stay in the A and work on their game. That's a luxury we didn't have for a long time because the cupboard was so bare. Now, we have exciting prospects at forward and especially on the blue line. I love the direction the Flyers are going trying to build a winner rather than trying to acquire one in free agency/trade deadline.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast