Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Miguel Cabrera

38 84.44%
  • Panda

7 15.56%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    The question I have with Sandoval is whether or not he can keep it up in future years. I believe he's peaked in terms of his stats (although if he struggles the last couple of months that statement will be false). But if he finishes the year at this rate, I don't see him posting better numbers in the upcoming years. I just can't honestly picture any of his stats increasing.

He's comparable to Robinson Cano, IMO. I'm not saying he's worse than Cano offensively, or better for that matter, but I feel that Pablo will replica the sort of success Cano has had. Peaked early, came back down to earth, had an off year, came back up to earth.

vCash
    That would make his peak the 2nd best offensive 3B in baseball then, that's a pretty solid peak.

vCash
    eeek, these ****ing polls with Giants players are al ways fun to read and pointless at the same time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantes4Life View Post
    That would make his peak the 2nd best offensive 3B in baseball then, that's a pretty solid peak.
    I'm not questioning that. I think he'll be a solid player. But more in the mid-.800 OPS range, like a Cano. Cano is a solid player.
    Last edited by Driven; 08-11-2009 at 03:52 AM.

vCash
    Also, Pablo does have 1 more RBI than Miguel Cabrera... Just saying...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Mac22 View Post
    Also, Pablo does have 1 more RBI than Miguel Cabrera... Just saying...
    Yeah. I mean, that makes all the difference.

Of course not, I don't want to add on that contract. That's a shitload of money.
    So now we're basing who's better off of who costs more? That's silly. I also find it very hard to believe that you wouldn't jump at a Cabrera-for-Sandoval offer. If you don't, then you're simply being a huge homer, regardless of Cabrera's cost. It's not like the Giants are a team that doesn't like to add payroll. Cabrera is a bonafide superstar, so saying that you wouldn't want him because you "don't want to add on his contract" is really, really out there.

P.S.: Notice that the only two people who voted for Sandoval are Giant fans.
    Last edited by m26555; 08-11-2009 at 10:52 AM.

Props to Mane for the sig.

Like real hip-hop? Visit the PSD hip-hop blog here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by m26555 View Post

So now we're basing who's better off of who costs more? That's silly. I also find it very hard to believe that you wouldn't jump at a Cabrera-for-Sandoval offer. If you don't, then you're simply being a huge homer, regardless of Cabrera's cost. It's not like the Giants are a team that doesn't like to add payroll. Cabrera is a bonafide superstar, so saying that you wouldn't want him because you "don't want to add on his contract" is really, really out there.

I don't think you understand the concept of value. The question is this:

Miguel Cabrera or Sandoval? Who would you rather have?
    Who would I rather have? I'd rather have Pablo Sandoval, because he's cheaper and younger and he's producing just as well.

FanGraphs seems to understand this concept, that's why they ranked Pablo Sandoval the 51st most valuable trade piece in baseball and Cabrera didn't make the list.

What's so hard to understand about value, salary and age? Is it really that difficult of a concept?

vCash
    Cabrera is the better player right now. Contract status and youth make it a toss up though. I'd probably take Cabrera because he has been doing it longer so I am more confident that he will remain at the same production level.

Follow me on Twitter @MooseWithFleas

vCash
    Toss out the salaries and age and I can't see any other pick then Miggy. Eventually Panda is going to have to get a big pay day so I don't see why the whole salary thing keeps getting brought up. Miggy is the better player IMO and far more proven and is more inclined to continue where as Panda we can't be sure after only one full year.

vCash
    So? Swinging doesn't equal missing. How do you think he has a high average? High contact rate.
    David Wright was striking out the most he ever has in his career when he lead the NL in average... high average doesnt = low strike outs.

vCash
    I'd take Sandoval this year. Cabrera because he's bona fide.

Give me another year like this from Sandoval, and it goes to Sandoval overall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kings of Queens View Post
    David Wright was striking out the most he ever has in his career when he lead the NL in average... high average doesnt = low strike outs.
    I didn't say that. Low strike outs does equal high batting average for the most part, if you make contact often you have more opportunities to land hits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by m26555 View Post

I would not trade Sandoval for Cabrera. I don't care what an organization's rep is when it comes to money, that doesn't make it a better or worse decision.

vCash
    Miguel Cabrera
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 9-11, games this week vs. New York Yankees (3), Toronto (3)
    Indianapolis Colts: 11-5, 2013 AFC South Champs, great season guys.
    Looking for new NBA team to cheer for
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, good effort guys.

vCash
    Is this just in terms of better talent? If so, it's even worse than the Wright-Sandoval thread.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast