Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

What happens to Jannik Hansen? Update: Hansen Resigns

With the addition (i guess you could call it that) of Wellwood, we have a log jam on our 3rd line right now. Where does this leave Jannik Hansen.. Canucks have been talking to teams about trading Hansen while they've tried to resign him. Well, what do you think happens with him?
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    I like Jannik, but it's time for a trade. I see Raymond and Hansen as trade bait along with Schneider, but it's impossible to speculate who would want that kind of package unless it's a team that needs quality depth on the right side that has a D-man to spare. I can't think of any off-hand, BUT if Heatley goes in a 3-team swap, this can cause a rift in the time-space continuum.

Stay tuned...

vCash
    Once Luongo signs that extension, Schiender and Hansen will be traded. My guess would be Chicago, Toronto, New Jersey, or Edmonton will be the biggest shoppers for Schnieder since they really don't have much in the way of future goalies so we will see what happens.

vCash
    Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Canucks President and General Manager Mike Gillis announced today that the Canucks have re-signed right winger Jannik Hansen. In keeping with club policy terms were not disclosed.

Hansen, 23, recorded 21 points (6-15-21) in 55 games played with the Canucks and one point (1-0-1) in two games played with the Manitoba Moose. The Herlev, Denmark native set career highs for most goals (6), assists (15) and points (21) in a single season and finished 25th in scoring among all Rookies in the League. The 6'1", 201-pound right winger also appeared in two playoff games.

Hansen was originally selected by the Vancouver Canucks in the 9th round, 287th overall in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft.
    canucks.com
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    I am glad that he was signed but I still think he could be used in a trade to bring back some defensive talent. It is nice knowing that we keep adding a lot of depth.

vCash
    I hope some trades happen because this is basically last year's lineup all over again and they just weren't competitive in the playoffs. They'll be a great regular season team though.

vCash
    With Hansen and Wellwood recently signed, what will the 3rd line look like? Hodgson and/or Grabner may make the team this year which makes things very interesting.