Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Smoak has the potential to be a much better player than Davis. Davis is doing well now but I think there is no doubt Smoak will eventually be better.
    Keep CC in Tampa!!

Tampa Sports For Life

vCash
    So far, Davis has murdered Smoak. Smoak has a -0.5 WAR and Davis has a 0.6 WAR. Davis has already had at least 1-2 HR's stolen by Citi Field, while Smoak plays in a hitter's paradise. And Ike Davis makes sweet dugout catches

vCash
    I love it how people still say Smoak will be better hands down, when over the last 2 years we have seen that Davis can put up similar numbers or better at times. Last year the excuse was Smoak was hurt, this year he is unlucky.

Point still remains that Smoak may indeed be better, but Davis is not that far behind him. The thing that I was worried about Davis was his K rates and walk rates, while he still has pretty high K rates, his walk rate has been superb this year, showing a better eye at the plate.

vCash
    Smoak will definitely be a better prospect... he has to be. BA has him ranked much higher.

I don't care about the stats... I don't care about anything. He has to be better...

It does not matter that Ike Davis is hitting: .282 .394 .464 .858 while Smoak is hitting .168 .286 .317 .603

I don't even care for the fact that in the minor leagues this year... Ike Davis hit

.364 .500 .636 1.136

while Smoak hit

.300 .470 .540 1.010

Baseball America says Smoak is much better so he must be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Smoak will definitely be a better prospect... he has to be. BA has him ranked much higher.

I don't care about the stats... I don't care about anything. He has to be better...

It does not matter that Ike Davis is hitting: .282 .394 .464 .858 while Smoak is hitting .168 .286 .317 .603

I don't even care for the fact that in the minor leagues this year... Ike Davis hit

.364 .500 .636 1.136

while Smoak hit

.300 .470 .540 1.010

Baseball America says Smoak is much better so he must be.
    Yay for Minor League numbers and small sample sizes!
    Loose seal. Watch out for loose seal.

I don't care about Lucille. She lies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zzConflict View Post
    Yay for Minor League numbers and small sample sizes!
    So then why is Smoak better than Davis, other than his BB/K rate? Davis has the edge in pretty much everything else, including a higher OPS in AA last season than Smoak, a higher OPS in AAA than Smoak this season, and far better major league numbers than Smoak so far this season. And the major league numbers have been in a pitcher's haven, as opposed to Smoak in a hitter's haven.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    So then why is Smoak better than Davis, other than his BB/K rate? Davis has the edge in pretty much everything else, including a higher OPS in AA last season than Smoak, a higher OPS in AAA than Smoak this season, and far better major league numbers than Smoak so far this season. And the major league numbers have been in a pitcher's haven, as opposed to Smoak in a hitter's haven.
    Are you ****ing kidding? I was CLEARLY being sarcastic.

vCash
    Are you ****ing kidding? I was CLEARLY being sarcastic.
    ...wat

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    ...wat
    Note to self: Stay out of the Mets forum unless you're looking for a major IQ lowering session.

vCash
    Note to self: Stay out of the Mets forum unless you're looking for a major IQ lowering session.
    You gave no indication that you were being sarcastic. I've seen the "lol small sample size" argument used far too much to assume everyone using it isn't being serious.

vCash
    zzConflict, the reason why we were confused by your comment is that by saying you were being sarcastic, you basically added nothing to this discussion...

so we were a little confused because we thought that you, as a veteran with 7000+ posts would add something of value. But you absolutely did not.

You did not take a side in this at all... and did not say anything

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I love it how people still say Smoak will be better hands down, when over the last 2 years we have seen that Davis can put up similar numbers or better at times. Last year the excuse was Smoak was hurt, this year he is unlucky.

Point still remains that Smoak may indeed be better, but Davis is not that far behind him. The thing that I was worried about Davis was his K rates and walk rates, while he still has pretty high K rates, his walk rate has been superb this year, showing a better eye at the plate.
    There is no doubt Davis has been better. I don't know what other people have been saying but what I'm saying is lets wait a little longer, like say the rest of this season, before saying Davis will be a better prospect.
    Keep CC in Tampa!!

Tampa Sports For Life

vCash
    ^What us Met fans are saying is... how can people say that Smoak is better right now when it has been a small sample size? When drafted, both had similar projections... why did Smoak instantly jump to super prospect while Ike Davis jump to average 1B?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    zzConflict, the reason why we were confused by your comment is that by saying you were being sarcastic, you basically added nothing to this discussion...

so we were a little confused because we thought that you, as a veteran with 7000+ posts would add something of value. But you absolutely did not.

You did not take a side in this at all... and did not say anything
    Funny how the guy who added nothing to the discussion is talking about not going into an specific forum because it will lower his IQ.

When people have nothing to add they resort to meaningless babble.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    There is no doubt Davis has been better. I don't know what other people have been saying but what I'm saying is lets wait a little longer, like say the rest of this season, before saying Davis will be a better prospect.
    Look back at the thread and read some of the posts, they say that Smoak is hands down the better player and will be the better player for years to come.

My point since making this thread a year ago is that aside from projections Davis has been as good as Smoak based on their number they have put. Yes Smoak projects to be all around hitter but it does not mean that he will be hands down better. Projections are great, but they are not givens, so I take what the guys have done on the field so far and value that a bit higher.

Small sample size? yes, no doubt about it, but I think in the long run we are going to have 2 guys that put up similar numbers for the most part. I do think Smoak will put better numbers over all because he will be playing in a more hitter friendly environment than Davis.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast