Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Interesting thought

So as we have all heard Luongo will be almost for sure signing an extension in the next few weeks like. Well I don't know if anyone has talked about this yet because I have not been on these message boards very long but I was talking to my friend and we thought of an interesting one. I have heard rumors that the Blackhawks are looking to move Brian Campbell before next offseason because they will have to resign Kane, Keith, Ladd, Burish and I think a couple other solid players next offseason. So they are looking to move Campbell because Kane and Keith wont come cheap obviously. Now I have heard they are not 100% confident with as Huet as their future in net. I have heard they were recently in talks with Montreal to try to send Halak or Price their way but I guess those talks died already. So my thought process here is that we need a good defenseman to replace Ohlund. Preferably an offensive defenseman. So something involving Schiender (assuming Luongo signs the extension) and maybe Raymond to bring in Campbell. What do you all think? I know its only a thought right now but that could really be helpful though financially it would hurt us. I want to hear some feedback.

vCash
    ugly, ugly contract. I think we'd be better off just signing a Dman, imo.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    I agree. Do we really want to take on the contract mistake that contributed to Tallon's "re-assignment" with the Hawks? Gillis is too shrewd a GM to do that.

vCash
    plus, Luongo remains unsigned so Schneider remains untradeable, now.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Yeah. I was implying it for it once Luongo signs. And I do think it would be a good idea if we would be able to get him for this year and then trade him next offseason because I think we are capable of a run at the cup if we can get a really good defenseman. If his contract wasnt so ridiculous it would be a better idea. I still would like us to sign a good defenseman but we would be better off trading for one I think. A lot of teams could still use a goalie for the future. Chicago, Toronto, Oilers (though I would not want to trade schnieder within the division), maybe the Islanders. Who knows. Point is if Luongo signs the extension it is basically the end of Schnieder in Vancouver. So I figure why not try to trade him for a really good player. Maybe the Islanders would be willing to part ways with Mark Streit. I dunno. Im just trying to throw out ideas that would help us win.

vCash
    In theory it's good, Campbell improves any team offensively. But his defense and contract are pretty bad.