Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Lugo to Cardinals

Julio Lugo was just traded to the St. Louis Cardinals for OF Chris Duncan.

The Red Sox will pick up the Lugo's contract.

Saw it on ESPN

http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/...icleid=1186536

vCash
    ehhh who wins in this one?

Harbaugh to Michigan...I guarantee it. Quote me on it. Write it down. Hold me too it.
    -StriveGreatness

vCash
    Ludwick....who will get to play everyday now? or was he playing everyday already?

Props.LgnD.

vCash
    The Amazing Theo does it again. Lugo was going to be released.

vCash
    Chris Duncan was not playing everyday (i believe), if I'm wrong, please correct me...

I think the Cards win this one. They get Lugo for free (albeit, he hasn't been great...but they pick up a 280 hitter for free where they have a hole)

vCash
    yeah as a card fan, im happy with this trade cause there is no room for duncan in our crowded OF and Brendan Ryan will not play this good the rest of the year. I like this deal

vCash
    I'm happy that the Sox got anything for Lugo. I would have been perfectly happy with just releasing him, so I'd say this is a good deal even though I know absolutely nothing about they guy we traded him for.

vCash
    everyone wins the sox get something for lugo
    cards get a player in position of need for free

vCash
    The real winners of this trade are the fans who sit behind first base at Busch Stadium, because they're going to get some free souvenirs from Lugo's errant throws

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tsb77 View Post
    The real winners of this trade are the fans who sit behind first base at Busch Stadium, because they're going to get some free souvenirs from Lugo's errant throws

Watching Lugo was painful.

Sox win this one, give away Lugo for anybody. Props to Theo.

vCash
    Both players suck. I say Cardinals since the sox will pick up some of the contract.

vCash
    Sox trade Lugo for Cardinals' Duncan
    Permalink|Comments (0) Posted by Gary Dzen, Boston.com Staff July 22, 2009 06:06 PM
    The Red Sox today officially closed the book on the Julio Lugo era, trading the once promising shortstop to the St. Louis Cardinals for outfielder Chris Duncan and a player to be named later (or cash considerations).
    Lugo's departure from Boston was sealed on July 17 when the Red Sox designated the struggling shortstop for assignment, giving the team 10 days to release or trade him. The Sox found a willing trading partner in the Cardinals, who were willing to take a chance on the player who hit 251 with 10 homers and 103 RBI in 266 total games for the Red Sox.

Duncan, 28, batted .227 (59-for-260) with five home runs and 32 RBI in 87 games for the Cardinals this season, going 4-for-12 (.333) as a pinch hitter. He ranked second on the club and tied for ninth among left-handed National Leaguers with 41 walks. Duncan made 68 appearances (64 starts) in left field and six (three starts) at first base.

We got Duncan and future considerations???? WOWare the CARDS sleeping?? Awsome trade for the Sox

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tsb77 View Post

Sad thing is it's true

vCash
    If the cards are picking up lugo's contract, the Sox win this one no doubt! They just DFA'd him, now they don't have to pay him to play for someone else and they get someone in return!

vCash
    wow we got a player and then something else for lugo..... nice he was going to get releases anyways
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast