Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    3,775
    vCash
    1500

    Least Tradeable Players

    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...e=MLBHeadlines


    not many surprises here, and the Yankees, Royals, Mariners, Giants and Jays are well (if i can say that) represented.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    8,018
    vCash
    1500
    Sort of dumb considering that fact that CC is even on this list. Lets be serious.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Riverton,il
    Posts
    15,565
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DieHardColtsfan View Post
    Sort of dumb considering that fact that CC is even on this list. Lets be serious.
    Why is it dumb? Considering what the Yankees would want in return, 2 top prospects, plus a couple other decebnt ones, on top of him making 20+ mil per year, I bet you coudlnt find 3 teams that would trade for him

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Riverton,il
    Posts
    15,565
    vCash
    1500
    I would prolly add Ortiz and Drew to that also

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    8,018
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    Why is it dumb? Considering what the Yankees would want in return, 2 top prospects, plus a couple other decebnt ones, on top of him making 20+ mil per year, I bet you coudlnt find 3 teams that would trade for him
    Because he would never come up in a trade talk... Yankees have 0 desire.. So this thread merits players like Barry Zito... The Giants would be thrilled to find someone to take him.. How could CC be put it the same arguement if the Yankees would never trade him..


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Riverton,il
    Posts
    15,565
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DieHardColtsfan View Post
    Because he would never come up in a trade talk... Yankees have 0 desire.. So this thread merits players like Barry Zito... The Giants would be thrilled to find someone to take him.. How could CC be put it the same arguement if the Yankees would never trade him..
    I believe it was hypothetical. He was just stating that they were the least tradable players. Can you not stand it when anyone says anything remotely nagative about the Yankees?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16
    vCash
    1500
    now what happens when sabathia doesn't live up to the hype, pitches poorly for 2-3 years and is still making 20 + million per year? he's back in the AL now, he could easily revert to the form he was before he was traded to milwaukee. He would be very untradeable because no one would want to take on his contract...hence why he's on this list.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    8,018
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    I believe it was hypothetical. He was just stating that they were the least tradable players. Can you not stand it when anyone says anything remotely nagative about the Yankees?
    No its not that im oblivious to the humor of Page 2 on ESPN, i actually enjoy it. Im not being nieve either, look at the names on this list- Dontrelle Willis, Barry Zito, Vernon Wells, Carlos Silva, Gary Mathews Jr., Travis Hafner, Jeremey Bonderman, Kenji Johjima. These names including the others not mentioned in my post are either players given horrible contracts and/or are declining/aging stars playing in there expensive contracts. Now obviously CC's contract makes him rather hard to deal as does Arod's. I understand why they would be noted as "least tradable." My beef is Im 100% sure the teams owning the players above prob want to deal these guys with a passion to yes unload there contracts. Giving them a tarnish of least tradable, because a team wants to unload them but cant. I highly doubt the Yankees would ever consider trading CC.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pavia, Italy
    Posts
    772
    vCash
    1500
    I am surprised Soriano didn't make this list.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    8,018
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dtownmick View Post
    now what happens when sabathia doesn't live up to the hype, pitches poorly for 2-3 years and is still making 20 + million per year? he's back in the AL now, he could easily revert to the form he was before he was traded to milwaukee. He would be very untradeable because no one would want to take on his contract...hence why he's on this list.
    Now, if that be the case then YES this would make sense.. As of now its ridiculous. And your claim remains a big IF...


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    8,018
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cubyfan07 View Post
    I am surprised Soriano didn't make this list.
    He made the list...


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pavia, Italy
    Posts
    772
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DieHardColtsfan View Post
    He made the list...
    My bad, I didn't see it.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Port Orchard, Wa
    Posts
    10,553
    vCash
    1500
    I can't believe Silva wasn't running 1-2 w/ Zito. This is just an understatement about how untradeable he really is. Completely untradeable, not a chance in hell the M's could move him.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,011
    vCash
    1500
    Honorable Mentions i disagree with
    this list is very biased.

    Mark Teixiera? I guarantee you the Red Sox, Dodgers and maybe Blue Jays would go after Tex if he was available and the Yankees were only expecting prospects in return.
    Yes his contract his enormous but he is worth it. Look at the Yankees right now. They are in first place. Their defense has improved dramatically. Why? Mark Teixiera gets every freakin ground ball or wild throw that is in the vicinity of 1st base.
    Dodgers have Casey Blake? they would trade their farm for Mark Teixiera. imagine tex and manny batting at the 3 and 4 spots. wow.
    sorry, but tex is trade-able. maybe not when he is 35 or 36 years old. but right now? his value is VERY high for any big market team.
    Lets nto forget BOS offered tex 176M deal, and tex stated there was 1 team that offered more than the yanks. Right now tex is leading the AL in Homeruns (25) defence is excellent. His value is at an all-time high, and yankees arent planning on trading him. Hes the majority reason yanks are in 1st place.
    AJ Burnett as an honorable mention too?
    AJ Burnett is (10-4) which isnt bad considering its his first year of a 5 year 82.5M contract. Backing up your claim on AJ based on "injury histories" is not a good source.

    Untradables according to the article
    CC Sabathia, maybe.. but Yanks arent planning on trading him hes our ace pitcher and the reason we got him is because we needed starting pitching badly, even if he is a little overpaid. Lets not forget he's only 29
    Arod -Agree with you 100% hes overpaid and most 3rd world countries GDP isnt even close to what a rod makes. Only contract i regret fully. 9 years $219M left. (+30M incentitives)
    Last edited by xabial; 07-27-2009 at 11:32 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    64
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cubyfan07 View Post
    I am surprised Soriano didn't make this list.
    um......... i could swear i saw soriano on the list.................

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •