Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the Canucks' biggest threat this year?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Flames

10 83.33%
  • Wild

1 8.33%
  • Oilers

0 0%
  • Avalanche

1 8.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NUCK-U View Post
    I agree, I think Bouwmeester will be good, but not great. Hell, even Jokinen was really good in Florida, then he was moved to the Flames, where he did nothing.
    He was on a hot streak when he arrived in Calgary. None of the Flames did much in the playoffs. I think you're under-estimating Calgary by a lot. Their D has really improved and the team will be healthy this year.

vCash

Hole in the D...

You're right, Ink, there's a hole in the D, but with the possible pairing of Salo-Mitchell and Edler-Bieksa I think you have a decent top four. O'Brien is surely a number 5 or 6, and Gillis needs to get that PP QB and someone who can take 18-20 quality minutes per game. To me, that = someone like Zubov or Schneider. My point is I don't think you need to replace Ohlund's 25+ minutes per game, just get some experience on the back end. We NEED to get another D-top priority for sure. I'm interested to see what Gillis has planned, because you KNOW he's aware of our hole.

BTW imho I think Jokinen/Iginla is going to be like Bure/Mogilny here. You'll never have them both operating at full tilt at the same time...but IF they manage to do that, the Flames won't need much defense from JBo.

vCash
    I love Zubov but his injury concerns really scare me. We would have 3 defensemen(Bieksa,Salo,Zubov) who are all serious injury concerns, and we don't have the depth to replace them

vCash
    Oh man, I just had a 'daymare'. I dreamt that Jovo came back to Van....(shudder)

vCash
    haha, a "daymare" - good one. I don't think Gillis is going the way of free agency to get us a defenseman, he did mention in an interview that there would be a trade or two before the start of the season. I can only assume he meant for a defenseman. But it all has to start with Luongo, whenever he signs, the flood gates will open.

vCash
    Luongo extension talks = Sundin Saga.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash

Canucks "Dream D-Man"

If you could combine 3 current/ex NHL'ers best attributes into one guy-a 27 year old defensive ace for your Canucks, what players would you draw from?

Example: my dream D-man for the Canucks is:

1. 33.3% Bobby Orr, for his vision and headiness on the ice
    2. 33.3% Al McInnis, for his thundering slapshot and presence on the PP
    3. 33.4% Garth Butcher, for his dogged determination and the fact that he bled blue and green while he was here.

I wonder who Gillis is after for October?
    Last edited by canuckfan1970; 07-23-2009 at 07:17 PM.

vCash
    I like your picks with MacInnis and Orr, but I'd probably put Scott Stevens in there as well, for his physical play and leadership.

vCash
    'ole Garth was a mean SOB that loved playing for Vancouver, a 'poor-man's' Scott Stevens...so he was a sentimental pick.

vCash
    Yes, I recall I had Butcher in my hockey pool once as a "goon", good for racking up the penalty minutes. I believe he's second all-time on the Canucks for PIMs (next to Odjick). Butcher was definitely an effective, physical player.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123