Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the Canucks' biggest threat this year?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Flames

10 83.33%
  • Wild

1 8.33%
  • Oilers

0 0%
  • Avalanche

1 8.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NUCK-U View Post
    I agree, I think Bouwmeester will be good, but not great. Hell, even Jokinen was really good in Florida, then he was moved to the Flames, where he did nothing.
    He was on a hot streak when he arrived in Calgary. None of the Flames did much in the playoffs. I think you're under-estimating Calgary by a lot. Their D has really improved and the team will be healthy this year.
    "When you have limitations and you understand your limitations and you stay within yourself, you can be great," Kobe Bryant said. "You know what you can do and what you can't do. In America, it's a big problem for us because we're not teaching players how to play all-around basketball. That's why you have Pau and Marc [Gasol], and that's the reason why 90 percent of the Spurs' roster is European players, because they have more skill."

vCash

Hole in the D...

You're right, Ink, there's a hole in the D, but with the possible pairing of Salo-Mitchell and Edler-Bieksa I think you have a decent top four. O'Brien is surely a number 5 or 6, and Gillis needs to get that PP QB and someone who can take 18-20 quality minutes per game. To me, that = someone like Zubov or Schneider. My point is I don't think you need to replace Ohlund's 25+ minutes per game, just get some experience on the back end. We NEED to get another D-top priority for sure. I'm interested to see what Gillis has planned, because you KNOW he's aware of our hole.

BTW imho I think Jokinen/Iginla is going to be like Bure/Mogilny here. You'll never have them both operating at full tilt at the same time...but IF they manage to do that, the Flames won't need much defense from JBo.

vCash
    I love Zubov but his injury concerns really scare me. We would have 3 defensemen(Bieksa,Salo,Zubov) who are all serious injury concerns, and we don't have the depth to replace them

vCash
    Oh man, I just had a 'daymare'. I dreamt that Jovo came back to Van....(shudder)

vCash
    haha, a "daymare" - good one. I don't think Gillis is going the way of free agency to get us a defenseman, he did mention in an interview that there would be a trade or two before the start of the season. I can only assume he meant for a defenseman. But it all has to start with Luongo, whenever he signs, the flood gates will open.

vCash
    Luongo extension talks = Sundin Saga.
    #3in5

<3

^ How I feel about the Colts right about now ^
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash

Canucks "Dream D-Man"

If you could combine 3 current/ex NHL'ers best attributes into one guy-a 27 year old defensive ace for your Canucks, what players would you draw from?

Example: my dream D-man for the Canucks is:

1. 33.3% Bobby Orr, for his vision and headiness on the ice
    2. 33.3% Al McInnis, for his thundering slapshot and presence on the PP
    3. 33.4% Garth Butcher, for his dogged determination and the fact that he bled blue and green while he was here.

I wonder who Gillis is after for October?
    Last edited by canuckfan1970; 07-23-2009 at 07:17 PM.

vCash
    I like your picks with MacInnis and Orr, but I'd probably put Scott Stevens in there as well, for his physical play and leadership.

vCash
    'ole Garth was a mean SOB that loved playing for Vancouver, a 'poor-man's' Scott Stevens...so he was a sentimental pick.

vCash
    Yes, I recall I had Butcher in my hockey pool once as a "goon", good for racking up the penalty minutes. I believe he's second all-time on the Canucks for PIMs (next to Odjick). Butcher was definitely an effective, physical player.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123