Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which Amare do you prefer?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pre-microfracture surgery

24 63.16%
  • Now

14 36.84%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Amare pre-microfracture surgery VS Amare now

I was just wondering about Amare & remembered what a beast he was VS the Spus when they met in the playoffs in 04-05. So I was wanted your thoughts on this.
    Two different Amare's. Before the surgery, he was a power player. Now he has improved his mid-range game & FT%, but is not as explosive as before. Which one do you prefer?
    Last edited by B.JenningsMVP; 07-19-2009 at 06:29 AM.

vCash
    I think the jury is still out on this one. His eye is the wildcard. Rigtht it is probably pre but he has a lot of game left in him....i think.
    El Presidente

vCash
    The old Amar'e didn't play defense, couldn't shoot and was just more athletic than the centers he played against so he dominated them all inside.
    Today, he still doesn't play defense, but can still dominate but he's explosive at times and now has one of the best big man jumpers in the game today.

I assume the question is, if his health is intact, which would I prefer. I still say the current one. Experience and is shot are the reasons why.

vCash
    Can an eye injury really make a difference from how powerful he plays? lol...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorsFanatic View Post
    Can an eye injury really make a difference from how powerful he plays? lol...
    yeah of course, just the fact that his eyes are vulnerable to a career ending injury will make him even more cautious about recklessly attacking the rim, which will indirectly force him away from his natural game

vCash
    I prefer the new Amare.

Still one of the most athletic bigs in the game and has that soft touch from mid-range and the free throw line. He showed last season he can still play uptempo really well when Alvin Gentry took over and he had those 40 point games.

I think being moved to his natural position of PF has also helped his game, so with Shaq gone it'll be interesting to see where he plays and who the other frontcourt player will be.

vCash
    I'd take the old Amare. He's a very disappointing athlete IMO. Doesn't seem to have the ball IQ to improve his game enough to compensate for the lack of explosive power. I don't think he's come close to the potential he once seemed to have. Around 04-05 he was one of the top bigs in the league. Now he's slipped a lot.

vCash
    who the hell knows Miss Cleo, he hasn't played post surgery.
    P(NBA)S(NBA)D. Yeah we sometimes talk about other sports.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by magichatnumber9 View Post
    who the hell knows Miss Cleo, he hasn't played post surgery.
    The thread is about his micro-fracture surgery, not his eye surgery. lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    I'd take the old Amare. He's a very disappointing athlete IMO. Doesn't seem to have the ball IQ to improve his game enough to compensate for the lack of explosive power. I don't think he's come close to the potential he once seemed to have. Around 04-05 he was one of the top bigs in the league. Now he's slipped a lot.
    I don't see how he's slipped. The league has adjusted since the earlier years. At that time he was blowing by slower bigs. Since then he now has to deal with guys like Dwight Howard, Gasol, Bynum, Bogut, and Perkins. He's adjusted his game to that.
    The only part he screwed up was never working on his D. But there's nothing new then as there is now.

vCash
    Even if Amar'e didn't get injured, he would have developed a jumper.

And that injury reduced his potentialto be a great player.

vCash
    I say now, his offensive game is more polished now, he still dunks on people every game, but now if defenses find away to stop him from driving he can shoot jumpers at a high %. Best offensive big man in the league IMO.

vCash
    It was more fun to watch the old Amare and the old Suns

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GCOOKIE7 View Post
    It was more fun to watch the old Amare and the old Suns
    Dont worry, old suns are back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Suns113 View Post
    Dont worry, old suns are back.
    when they get someone like marion.. maybe Gwallace or someone of that caliber. then u can say the old suns are back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast