Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,783
    vCash
    1500

    Players and their kids

    I'm not sure why but I really don't like when players try to inject their kids into things like All Star Game festivities. I can't remember who it was last night that had their kid with them when they were announced standing along the baseline. To me it's kinda like bringing little ones to a wedding - what the hell?

    Does anyone else find this trend, not just in baseball but in all sports, to be a little bit much?


    On a different note - did MLB get it right last night or what? When the players all converged on the average joe's I thought to myself - what an amazing moment. Some of the players had tears in their eyes. Great job MLB. You finally got something right.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    37,875
    vCash
    1500
    IDK, I think that the MLB does a better job w/ the kids rather than the NFL & NBA! I like the kids retreiving balls in the Derby, but they should stay away from the All-Star Game!

    Man, i wish I had the opportunity to stand on that field w/ players of that caliber, All-Stars!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,857
    vCash
    1500
    Prince Fielder said he liked having his kids there with him during the home run derby because when he was a kid he had to stay in the club house while his father competed.

    This is the all start BREAK. the players should be able to have fun with their families regardless of whether they're in the game or at home.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    30,830
    vCash
    1500
    I don't mind them being on foul territory during the derby or if they are being presented they can take them along...why not.

    I do have a problem with the kids retrieving the balls at the derby...that is going to last until one of them gets injured seriously....there are some ropes hit into that outfield and on most flyballs the kids are clueless and they all go for it at th esame time, thus blocking each others view of the ball, one of these days, some kid is going to get injured badly and that's when that will stop

    Props.LgnD.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,068
    vCash
    1500
    I believe the player you are thinking of is Victor Martinez. Unless someone else had their child with them when they are introduced. I don't mind it at all, but can the Fox producers and cameramen not focus on the kids so much during the game? Between that, the President, and ploys for ****** Fox shows, less than half of the broadcast was actually action on the field.

    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc_Wr3aker View Post
    I don't mind them being on foul territory during the derby or if they are being presented they can take them along...why not.

    I do have a problem with the kids retrieving the balls at the derby...that is going to last until one of them gets injured seriously....there are some ropes hit into that outfield and on most flyballs the kids are clueless and they all go for it at th esame time, thus blocking each others view of the ball, one of these days, some kid is going to get injured badly and that's when that will stop
    Agreed. And they had the one kid who could actually catch stand by himself beyond the center field wall. They should have prisoners do this kind of work.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    30,830
    vCash
    1500
    Another good point...these players don't see their families very often...this is a time to be together and enjoy the EXHIBITION that should be the ASG

    Props.LgnD.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    9,247
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    I'm not sure why but I really don't like when players try to inject their kids into things like All Star Game festivities. I can't remember who it was last night that had their kid with them when they were announced standing along the baseline. To me it's kinda like bringing little ones to a wedding - what the hell?

    Does anyone else find this trend, not just in baseball but in all sports, to be a little bit much?


    On a different note - did MLB get it right last night or what? When the players all converged on the average joe's I thought to myself - what an amazing moment. Some of the players had tears in their eyes. Great job MLB. You finally got something right.
    It was Victor Martinez that brought his kid onto the field for player introductions.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    887
    vCash
    1500
    let the players be with their kids. they travel a fourth of the year, so let them spend some time with their families; heck, i bet it means everything to the kids as well.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    30,630
    vCash
    1500
    Whats wrong with it? If my dad was there 10 years ago i would so wanna be there

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    37,875
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by long ball View Post
    Prince Fielder said he liked having his kids there with him during the home run derby because when he was a kid he had to stay in the club house while his father competed.

    A did you hear that story back in the day! When Prince Fielder was like 10-12, Cecil brought him to Tiger Stadium and he soared one out of the park when he was in little league? I heard that 1 the other day and thought that was unbelievable!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Hyannis
    Posts
    6,422
    vCash
    1500
    I love how the kids are on the field with there dads. It is awesome.
    P(NBA)S(NBA)D. Yeah we sometimes talk about other sports.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    LA,CA
    Posts
    5,853
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc_Wr3aker View Post
    Another good point...these players don't see their families very often...this is a time to be together and enjoy the EXHIBITION that should be the ASG
    finally i can agree with a phillie fan lol

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    30,830
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GoatMilk View Post
    finally i can agree with a phillie fan lol


    Come Sept/Oct...we will be highlighting and exaggerating ever small flaw each other team's has and praising and overrating ever little good thing our team has in an argument against each other

    Props.LgnD.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    953
    vCash
    1500
    I like it. When do they ever see their kids? Don't be so heartless. The kids never get to see their dad's. It's a great day all around and it sets the scene for the event. It's a family event and is completely for fun. It's their break. It gives them a reason to work on their one break of the season.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,590
    vCash
    1500
    I don't really care. One day a kid is going to get hurt chasing balls? Big whoop. Kids get hurt playing in the park.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •