Pablo is having a great year we all agree on this but, Wright is a proven star and even with his power down he is still highly productive. Wright is a once a decade type player, Pablo may go on to that path but, time will only tell.
Anyone who votes for Pablo is either crazy or a huge homer.
Not even close. Wright is better offensively, and when defense comes into the equation...it becomes a landslide.
Originally Posted by degnor
1. Wright is 26, Pablo is 23 in less than a month. Try 3 and a half years.
2. Wright's power numbers are down, but everything else is fine. It's not like Sandoval is knocking out of the water
3. Wright isnt making much at all. Def less than 10 million a year
4. Switch hitter is nice, but Sandoval's power potential is what? 30 Homers? Wright has already reached that plateau in previous years.
5. Oh good, then he can be worn down from playing the most difficult position. You seem to ignore that Wright is a GG 3rd Baseman, while Sandoval only plays 3rd cause they have no where else to put him.
David Wright is one of the least deserving Gold Glove winners ever. Last year he was the 4th best defensive 3B in the NL (5th best if you count Bill Hall and his 113 games at Third) behind Pedro Feliz, Chipper Jones and Troy Glaus.
In 2007 he was once again the 4th best defensive 3B in the NL (5th best if you count Scott Rolen and his 112 games at Third) behind Pedro Feliz, Ryan Zimmerman and Aramis Ramirez.
David Wright this year has been terrible defensively:
UZR -7.2 UZR/150 -10.0
Pablo Sandoval has been much better:
UZR -1.0 UZR/150 -2.0
David Wright Offensively in 2009:
Once again Pablo has been much better:
I get the argument that David Wright has been consistently a phenomenal player and Pablo has only played for less then a full year and therefore Wright is the player youd take. But dont say Wright is better both offensively and defensively and its a "landslide" because the fact is, that since Pablo came into the league he has been superior in both aspects.
EDIT: Im not saying id take Sandoval over Wright because i wouldnt, but its a lot closer then people are making it out to be and in a few years Sandoval could be the better player.