Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco007 View Post
    You can stop reading after he claimed Kobe forced Shaq to be traded..Same old totally biased retoric..
    LOLLLLL that's exactly what i did! hahaa

vCash
    Bryant though, during that tenure, never hit a big shot to win a game
    if you say so. He is very clutch and one of the best closers ever to play that game. This shows how much credibility I give this

vCash

This might be the worst comparison article I've ever read. It seems like it was written by a 5th grader from Colorado whose Dad tucks him into bed every night with immortal MJ stories.

vCash
    I think it could be argued that Gasol is better than anything Jordan ever had...
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

vCash

Re: H514

Hueco514 sites two game winning shots, one in a regular season game and one in a series that L.A. lost. Kobe hits shots sometimes, but there is no doubt, Fischer and Horry have both hit more big shots for the Lakers than Kobe has, and when you compare Bryant with Jordan, Jordan is clearly a better clutch player. He's never lost in the finals (Bryant has twice) and has hit more game winner than I can count, and when somebody else did hit the game winner for the Bulls, Jordan got the assist. Jordan would have never got schooled by Ray Allen or Paul Pierce or Rip Hamilton, and he would have never been shut down by the likes of Tayshuan Prince. This article does not say Kobe isn't great, the article goes so far as to say Kobe is the best shooting guard of his generation, but when compared with Jordan, Kobe is great, but just not the best guard ever.

And if anybody here ever read Phil Jackson's book, they'd know the issues Kobe caused and the rifts he created between players and coaches, such as when he accused Karl Malone of trying to score with his wife (a documented instance) and when he threw Shaq under the bus when he was being question about rape allegations by saying that he should have paid the girl off "like Shaq does". He also demanded Bynum be traded, only to see him turn into one of the best young centers in the league. No honest person can say with a straight face that Kobe has not caused problems with his teammates in the past. Jordan never made open accusations about teammates trying to score with his wife, or accusing other players of paying off women to keep quiet about rape.

And the article isn't a Jordan love fest either, it is clear in saying that neither Jordan nor Bryant are great facilitators, like Duncan is and like Magic was.

H514 is right to say that Kobe has hit SOME game winning shots, but lets face it, almost every starter in this league has hit game winning shots, last year in the regualr season though Brandon Roy and Dwayne Wade hit more game winners than anybody in the regular season (Kobe included), and when the playoffs rolled around, the Lakers had to rely on Fischer to hit two big threes to pull off an important win in the Orlando series. Kobe is the best shooting guard of his generation, he's just not as good as Jordon was.

vCash
    Gasol is certainly better than any of the centers Jordon played with as a Bull, though I'm not sure I would say he's better than Pippen; I think the two are equally great players. They play different positions and have different types of impacts on the game, but there is a case to be made for Gasol being a better player. Lets not forget how Pippen lead the Bulls intop the second round of the playoffs without Jordan when most fans thought the Bulls couldn't even make the playoffs without MJ. Pippen is one of the NBA's greats, as is Gasol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambler1977 View Post
    Gasol is certainly better than any of the centers Jordon played with as a Bull, though I'm not sure I would say he's better than Pippen; I think the two are equally great players. They play different positions and have different types of impacts on the game, but there is a case to be made for Gasol being a better player. Lets not forget how Pippen lead the Bulls intop the second round of the playoffs without Jordan when most fans thought the Bulls couldn't even make the playoffs without MJ. Pippen is one of the NBA's greats, as is Gasol.
    Didnt Gasol take the Grizzlies to the playoffs one year?
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

vCash
    No one can say even half way that Gasol is better than Pippen.

The Lakers last season top to bottom had more talent than Jordan was working with.
    I liked this article, biased as it was, except near the end is says that Clyde Drexler would be in the running for number two all time. The Glide was great, but he's certainly not #2. I can't stand Kobe's assaulting ***, but Kobe has got Clyde by a mile at this point.

vCash
    Jordan = GOAT, end of story

vCash
    http://ballerblogger.com/2008/06/17/kobe-vs-mj/

here's the realistic comaprison, and a BIG REPLY on the statement that Jordan would won in NBA FINALS 2008 against celtics with same players as Kobe couldn't

vCash
    Kobe will never be as good as MJ. Laker fans can keep dreaming its not going to happen. He has to match all of Mj's accolades to even be considered and kobe is not even close. The past two years he hasn't even been the best player in the nba or it haven't been unanomous, while jordan throughout his hay days was the clear cut best on the planet.

vCash
    we shouldnt be having these debates, its not even close. the only person who could possibly touch jordan's greatness in our generation is lebron and he still needs to really elevate his game to be up there with him.

vCash
    MJ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kobe

vCash
    garbage.

vCash
    Wow, talk about being biased. I would've accepted it had he given kobe atleast 2 points. He made Jordan look so damn perfect when he really isn't. We already know that whatever Kobe does people will find ways to scrutinize it and find his faults.
    "Tittays"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast