Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: who should be the panthers starting goalie?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • tomas vokoun

7 100.00%
  • scott clemmenson

0 0%
  • neither

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

scott clemmenson or tomas vokoun?

scott clemmenson or tomas vokoun? to me the choice is difficult,clemmenson had 25 wins a terrific 2.39 goals against average while saving almost 92 percent of the shots against him-vokoun on the other other hand racked up 26 wins with a 2.49 goals against average while saving almost 93 percent of the shots against him.vokoun is 33,clemmenson is 31. both have some years left in their careers..what does everyone else think the panthers should as far as which goalie to start?

vCash
    Vokun will probably get the start, Seniority and experience are both in his favor, but I always believe in healthy competition, and if Scotty boy impresses Peter and gets the start I wouldn't be all that opposed, seeing as how i'm not THAT big of a TVo fan myself.

vCash
    Is that even a serious question ? Vokoun is the starter ,Clemmenson gets a chance to play in some games but he isn't better than Anderson to be honest so he will sit his *** on the bench and we will ride him when Vokoun is cold

vCash
    vokoun will be the starter. he was good last year and has been a proven starter. clemmenson was very good last year but came in as a backup role. he's never been given the chance to start and i don't think it's likely with vokoun going for the same job

vCash
    Tomas, easily. Experience is better than bein unable to play enough games
    Props to pheagles 10 and phins1983

vCash
    Don't we have a ton of prospect goalies? Do you think that's why we let Craig go and picked up another oldie? Not that these guys are ancient, but arent they both in their mid 30s?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 305sportsfan View Post
    Don't we have a ton of prospect goalies? Do you think that's why we let Craig go and picked up another oldie? Not that these guys are ancient, but arent they both in their mid 30s?
    Yes, the future is Jacob Maarkstrom, who I hope to see a glimpse of this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fins08 View Post
    Yes, the future is Jacob Maarkstrom, who I hope to see a glimpse of this year.
    That would be a pleasant surprise! I hope he lives up to all the hype, and i hope even harder that we don't lose him for nothing, like what happened with Luongo. Do you remember what Vokouns contract is like? How much longer we have him under contract for?

vCash
    Typically, goalies hit their prime muchy later then forwards and D-men, so at his age, Vokoun may not even hit prime for another year or so. What has Vanbiesbrouk with us in '96, 35-36 years old I believe?

Vokoun is the starter easy and should see 50-60 games this season without a doubt, maybe mroe depending on his play.
    One day, I will own a new NFL team, and to it I will sign:

QB: Michael Vick, RB: Ricky Williams, RB: Lendale White, WR: Terrel Owens, WR: Chad Johnson, WR: Plaxico Burress, WR: Chris Henry, TE: Jeremy Shockey, LB Ray Lewis, CB Deangelo Hall, CB Pacman Jones, DT Tank Johnson, and fill the holes with Bengles and Raiders.

Noone will #$@! with us, or we'll send our new offensive cooridnator Rae Carruth their way...

vCash
    Vokoun is a top 10 goalie

vCash
    I want to say we extended him an extra 4 years on his Nashville contract, which was a 4 year deal signed in 04, so I am thinking he is with us til 2012.
    One day, I will own a new NFL team, and to it I will sign:

QB: Michael Vick, RB: Ricky Williams, RB: Lendale White, WR: Terrel Owens, WR: Chad Johnson, WR: Plaxico Burress, WR: Chris Henry, TE: Jeremy Shockey, LB Ray Lewis, CB Deangelo Hall, CB Pacman Jones, DT Tank Johnson, and fill the holes with Bengles and Raiders.

Noone will #$@! with us, or we'll send our new offensive cooridnator Rae Carruth their way...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phxcyots22 View Post
    I want to say we extended him an extra 4 years on his Nashville contract, which was a 4 year deal signed in 04, so I am thinking he is with us til 2012.
    Sounds about right, since it's ringing a bell heh. What do you think is the possibility of us trading him in 2011 and bringing up Jacob Markstrom, if he does well with his appearances this season of course?

The Illuminati of Basketball

vCash
    2011? Idk what we will be doin by then. I have no idea.

vCash
    Hah, you know an off-season is uneventful when talks of next season start coming up.

The Illuminati of Basketball

vCash
    It is, at least we got Scott Clemmenson!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast