Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    vCash
    My handicap is down to a 20 now. Down from a 27 in May. Played pretty well all 3 days of the tourney this past weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    My handicap is down to a 20 now. Down from a 27 in May. Played pretty well all 3 days of the tourney this past weekend.
    that's impressive bmd.
    Cheers,
    --Tank

vCash
    I hate this game. Played like absolute crap yesterday through the first 15 holes. I chipped on 16 and birdied 18. Came out of nowhere the way I was playing. As soon as you're about to quit, it pulls you right back in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    I hate this game. Played like absolute crap yesterday through the first 15 holes. I chipped on 16 and birdied 18. Came out of nowhere the way I was playing. As soon as you're about to quit, it pulls you right back in.
    I swear it toys with you on purpose. It will do the same to me. I can have the worst day of my life and then near the end i will have a great shot that makes me smile for a second and then want to do it all over again. I love this game and that is the very reason.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I swear it toys with you on purpose. It will do the same to me. I can have the worst day of my life and then near the end i will have a great shot that makes me smile for a second and then want to do it all over again. I love this game and that is the very reason.
    so do i and i hate how it teases you...then spits you out. i've been struggling lately. i play in a golf league and finally have been getting some rounds in....but i've been playing like crap. problem is, i videod my swing and found a couple problems that work on each other, casting and over the top.

so i've been trying to work things out. tough to do when you've been swinging a certain way for a long time & actually playing well. so my timing is off. once i get it going again, i'll be alright...i hope.
    Cheers,
    --Tank

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankjeep View Post
    so do i and i hate how it teases you...then spits you out. i've been struggling lately. i play in a golf league and finally have been getting some rounds in....but i've been playing like crap. problem is, i videod my swing and found a couple problems that work on each other, casting and over the top.

so i've been trying to work things out. tough to do when you've been swinging a certain way for a long time & actually playing well. so my timing is off. once i get it going again, i'll be alright...i hope.
    I was having some real trouble with my irons a couple weeks back, but I actually managed to turn it around on the course and am playing a real consistent fade. My natural shot is a draw, but the way I've been playing lately, I'll probably just ride this out until it becomes a problem. Normally I'm dialed in from 100, but lately I've been consistent up to 175 because the fade lands so soft.

That and the putter switch to a fatso grip. If you don't have one, get one, they make it so easy to roll quality putts.

He woulda been ****ed in Washington...
    Update: Turns out he was ****ed in Kansas City too

Flyers PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2009
    Phillies PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2010

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theLgndKllr35 View Post
    I was having some real trouble with my irons a couple weeks back, but I actually managed to turn it around on the course and am playing a real consistent fade. My natural shot is a draw, but the way I've been playing lately, I'll probably just ride this out until it becomes a problem. Normally I'm dialed in from 100, but lately I've been consistent up to 175 because the fade lands so soft.

That and the putter switch to a fatso grip. If you don't have one, get one, they make it so easy to roll quality putts.
    i've been debating on getting one. i like how it'll take your wrist out of the putter swing.

i have another league match today....i hope i can shoot a 38 or 39 (we only play nine holes). sick of shooting 42's or 43's. ideally i'd love to shoot even par or better but i don't see that happening with my swing problems and putting. i switched back to an old putter....hope it works.
    Cheers,
    --Tank

vCash
    i've been debating on getting one. i like how it'll take your wrist out of the putter swing.

i have another league match today....i hope i can shoot a 38 or 39 (we only play nine holes). sick of shooting 42's or 43's. ideally i'd love to shoot even par or better but i don't see that happening with my swing problems and putting. i switched back to an old putter....hope it works.
    so much for that, shot a 42. luckily i birdied the last hole to keep my sanity.
    Cheers,
    --Tank

vCash
    On one of the more difficult courses in my area (3 mins from the Pro Football HOF), I started out bogey (lipped out for par), bogey (3 putt), birdie, double (rolled tee shot into hazard), birdie, par, birdie, birdie, par to shoot even par on the front 9. Went to the back 9 and shot 2 over 38 for a career best round of 74. I hit 11 fairways and 14 greens on the day, made a total of 5 birdies, lipped out an eagle putt...that was, without a doubt, the best 18 hole round of golf I have ever played (three 9 hole rounds under par in my former league...but never this good for 18).

The course, Seven Hills in Hartville, Ohio, burnt me badly as a senior in high school when I went 37-47 in my high school sectional on the day that the OJ Simpson verdict was announced (missing qualifying for the district tournament as an individual by 2 strokes)...so I felt as though I finally exercised some demons at that course.

My method...any time that I could, I calculated my round to leave myself with between 100 and 140 yards on approach shots. If that meant hitting a 6 iron off the tee, so be it. I know that teeing off with an iron will put me in play at least 90% of the time...whereas my driver is normally about 50-70%, but it also has the capability of putting me in position to hit 40-70 yard shots that I am not nearly as comfortable with.

If you have never tried this "course management" style of play...you could EASILY see 2-3 strokes off your average 9 hole round come off without much work. For example...the third hole is 350 yards....if I HIT my driver, I would leave myself between 50 and 80 yards. If I hit a 5 iron (my 200 yard club), I leave myself inside of 150 (getting more distance on roll in the fairway). I know that inside of 150, I am going to hit, at most, a 9 iron, which is, without a doubt, my comfort zone. Try it and report back...it may take a few times for you to see the results...for some reason, some people start thinking too much when they play this way and hit shots with their irons that they normally don't...but trust me, if you try this for any length of time, you will see results!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    My method...any time that I could, I calculated my round to leave myself with between 100 and 140 yards on approach shots. If that meant hitting a 6 iron off the tee, so be it. I know that teeing off with an iron will put me in play at least 90% of the time...whereas my driver is normally about 50-70%, but it also has the capability of putting me in position to hit 40-70 yard shots that I am not nearly as comfortable with.

If you have never tried this "course management" style of play...you could EASILY see 2-3 strokes off your average 9 hole round come off without much work. For example...the third hole is 350 yards....if I HIT my driver, I would leave myself between 50 and 80 yards. If I hit a 5 iron (my 200 yard club), I leave myself inside of 150 (getting more distance on roll in the fairway). I know that inside of 150, I am going to hit, at most, a 9 iron, which is, without a doubt, my comfort zone. Try it and report back...it may take a few times for you to see the results...for some reason, some people start thinking too much when they play this way and hit shots with their irons that they normally don't...but trust me, if you try this for any length of time, you will see results!!!
    agree with you. but i have no confidence in my swing, so even trying to hit the so called safe shot might be difficult. no worries, i'm going to put that mindset into play this weekend. heading out on a golf trip with some of my college buddies. we all golfed together.
    Cheers,
    --Tank

vCash
    well i took your advice browniebuck and played with a "course management" approach. it surely paid off.

played a course i'd never seen in blue ridge shadows....shot an 80. not bad considering how bad i've been playing lately.

then we played a course from my college playing days.....shennandoah valley country club.....shot a 72 (par 71). it's a short course and i'm a short knocker, so it played out perfectly. hit 3 wood or 5 wood most of the days. and putting okay.

seriously, if my putting was much better, i would've shot 2 under.
    Cheers,
    --Tank

vCash
    played a local course from the back tees (kiln creek golf course and country club 6972 yards)....shot a 78. pretty stoked about that.
    Cheers,
    --Tank

vCash
    So happy i have found some golfers on here!!! After blowing my knee out during University football tryouts in first year it is the only sport i feel like i can still compete in.....

I was an 18 hcp to start the year.... came from 6 back in the club championship "c" flight to win by 2 at Napanee Golf Course (Ontario, Canada - oldest 9 hole course in the country and a beauty) with a sizzling 82 (careered 37 on the back thank god)

I am now down to a 12 in less then a month after purchasing my first set of cavity back irons.....almost at the point where i need to go back to a set of blades???

vCash
    well i took your advice browniebuck and played with a "course management" approach. it surely paid off.

played a course i'd never seen in blue ridge shadows....shot an 80. not bad considering how bad i've been playing lately.

then we played a course from my college playing days.....shennandoah valley country club.....shot a 72 (par 71). it's a short course and i'm a short knocker, so it played out perfectly. hit 3 wood or 5 wood most of the days. and putting okay.

seriously, if my putting was much better, i would've shot 2 under.
    I played Shenendoah last year, fun course....great for a guy who hits 6 iron off the tee...im a low ball hitter <9 iron..... hope you enjoyed it....... i know what you mean about if the putter was on being below par!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovesports View Post
    I played Shenendoah last year, fun course....great for a guy who hits 6 iron off the tee...im a low ball hitter <9 iron..... hope you enjoyed it....... i know what you mean about if the putter was on being below par!
    shooting as well as i did...i couldn't help but enjoy it.

also, being with close friends that i've known since college was great too. welcome to PSD!
    Cheers,
    --Tank

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast