Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I shot a 56 on 9-holes this weekend, that is about 8-9 strokes above my 9-hole average and there are a couple reasons for that. One, i havent played in about 4 months so my putting and short game were terribly rusty; and two, i was playing with my little brother who has never played before so that threw my rhythm off quite a bit. I let about 6 people go around us.

That being said, it felt great to get back out there and i hope to get to play much more often in the coming months when the older people wont want to be out there because of the heat.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    had 2 birdies and 3 pars last friday, to shoot a 96. god I hate golf sometmies.

vCash
    I played a par 3, 9 hole course earlier today. I had one Birdie (which is rare for me on any course), 2 pars, and the rest were bogey or double bogey. As the round went on I got better though. Holes 1-5 I got a 4,5,4,4,5. Then at holes 6-9 I got a 3,2,3,4. Weird how as I got more fatigued I got better. My birdie was so exciting because they are rare for me because I suck. I hit a good tee shot onto the green to around 20 feet away. Read the putt and hit a confident one and it turned in at the last second and went in and I got so excited.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    I played a par 3, 9 hole course earlier today. I had one Birdie (which is rare for me on any course), 2 pars, and the rest were bogey or double bogey. As the round went on I got better though. Holes 1-5 I got a 4,5,4,4,5. Then at holes 6-9 I got a 3,2,3,4. Weird how as I got more fatigued I got better. My birdie was so exciting because they are rare for me because I suck. I hit a good tee shot onto the green to around 20 feet away. Read the putt and hit a confident one and it turned in at the last second and went in and I got so excited.
    Possible reasons, you weren't overswinging as you got tired, and you got warmed up, and loose.

vCash
    I plan to go out and play nine holes tomorrow. It is going to be 100+ outside, but i dont care i have gotten to play two rounds of nine this year and that is unacceptable. Hopefully all the old timers will be drinking their ice tea and sitting in the clubhouse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    Possible reasons, you weren't overswinging as you got tired, and you got warmed up, and loose.
    Makes sense I suppose. Just weird how in like 95 degree weather with me sweating and like dehydrated and everything I just started playing better. I dunno. Guess you are right.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Shot a 93 yesterday, my handicap puts me normally shooting a 96. It was my club round too. (we have to log one round a week to compete for pro shop money) you have to desgintate it as your round ahead of time. Usually 2-3 under par (with handicap) wins 20 or so bucks. Have about 140 in shop credit (won 50 in a tourney last month) so i have enough for a new bag! Finally, i've had my bag for 5 years, it's beat to ****.

vCash
    I had a great round (well i only got to 16 holes because #3 and #4 were shut down.

I was at 83 for the 16 holes. That would average out to 93 according to my calculator.

vCash
    I have been doing better ever since i got my new clubs, i dont know if it has a thing to do with it or not. I didnt do as well as my score above.

I got a 99 for the full 18 this time.

vCash
    I beat my dad for the first time ever yesterday. Shot an 87 at Orchard Valley. Should have been in the mid 80's if I hadn't had my worst putting peformance of the year.

vCash
    Shot my handicap yesterday with a 96. Left so many putts out there. I had 3 -3 putt bogeys. Also on 2 other holes missed 5 ft par puts. My home course has the fastest truest green's i've ever played on, but i played a few rounds else where before yesterdays round, and I just couldn't get the putter to do anything. It was really frusterating.

vCash
    My index is now 22.3 which puts me at a 25 on my home course, down from a 26 and a 27 to start the year. Shameful, but any improvement is fine with me.

vCash
    I shot a 102 today. Only the 3rd time I've played this year so I was OK with it.

vCash
    SHot a 116 yesterday... It just about made me sick. Nothing about my game was working. Horrible off the tee, couldnt hit my irons, and my putting was atrocious. I'll be back out on Saturday to erase those memories.

vCash
    Shot an 84 on a regulation course yesterday. It has been a while since I played last, so I'm very happy with how I played even though it's a bit higher than I normally would shoot.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast