Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    vCash
    jesus either you guys are lying or im terrible. im happy when i break 100

my top score this year was an 80 but that course isnt very tough
    Sens Raps Jays

vCash
    Ok...so, towards the end of our high school golf season, we (the head coach and I) set up a match play tournament and play with our high school kids. Today, I had my first 9 hole match...

Started out right out of the classroom on the 5th hole (had to catch up to the junior I was playing). I hit a bomb down the left side of the fairway, hit a 135 yard wedge to 18 feet and proceeded to sink my birdie putt (with ZERO putts on the practice green)...I am 1 up.
    Go to the par 5 6th hole. Bad drive, clipped a tree on the second shot, punched out on 3rd shot, hit a wedge to about 10 feet, 2 putted for bogey...still one up.
    3rd hole...average drive, 6 iron to 20 feet, 2 putt par...go 2 up.
    4th hole...drive down left side of fairway, 2nd shot between clubs and leave a lob wedge about 15 yards short, chunk a chip, chunk another onto the front edge of the green...drain a 25 footer for bogey. Give the kid his 4 footer as I felt guilty possibly taking a hole with that many bad shots!
    5th hole...200 yard par 3 downhill to an elevated green with bunkers left and right. 5 iron hole high on the edge of the fringe/rough. Kid puts his 2nd shot in gimme range...use my hybrid and "putt" the ball to about 4 feet, drain the par putt...still 2 up.
    6th hole...snap hooked a hybrid off the tee, friendly bounce down into edge of fairway. 2nd shot short of the green, chip that doesn't run close enough, 2 putt for bogey...down to 1 up.
    7th hole...hook a drive into tree trouble, try to punch out into the fairway, hit a limb, knocks me into the lake...3 to drop, 4th shot from 130ish to 5 feet, make the bogey to halve the hole...kid struggled to get up and down...one of the best bogies I have made in a long time!
    8th hole...BOMB a drive, 55 yards left...CHUNK another half lob wedge, chip on to about 18 feet...and proceed to 3 putt for double bogey...EVEN
    9th hole...hook another drive, punch out, hit a half lob wedge to about 12 feet...2 putt, halve the hole...PLAYOFF
    10th hole...smother hook a drive that somehow stays on the right side of the trees, hit a 7 iron to the front edge of the green, leave foot and a half for tap in to win the hole/match.

In total...6 over for 10 holes with only 3 good drives, a penalty shot, 3 or 4 chunky shots...and the flat stick saving my hind end (for the most part). Next round I have one of our seniors (I think). We will see if I can last longer than last year (2 rounds and out).

vCash
    Please update us on your next match. I enjoyed reading this.

2013 NC STATE FOOTBALL: 2-0
    The Dave Doeren Era

vCash
    I played Bell Bay here in Nova Scotia last week for a tourny. Pretty nice course on the lakes. I fired an 88 which is slightly better than my average of like 90/91ish. Stuck my tee shot 6 feet from the hole on the last par 3 on the back 9. Closest I've come to a hole in one in my life. Ended up winning "Closest to the hole" and I got an alarm clock as a prize..... Anybody ever knock down a hole in one?

vCash

Personal Scorecard Thread

I haven't, but the closest I've been was; once I hit the bottom third flag pole and a few times I've stuck it within a foot.

Played possibly my last round of the year in Kananaskis. Shot a 74, was bombing my driver all game. Had 4 drives over 325y and one that launched 358y. Thin air sure helps driver distance! Haha. My new Nike blades I picked up are unreal, don't need tweaking just need to get them regripped since my hands are way to big for standard grips. Pretty stoked about that round. Good way to finish off the season!

vCash
    Sot my personal best of a 84 yesterday. Have been playing for about 4 years
    Future Ace

vCash
    looking forward to playing sunday. got new woods in tour edge (exotics).
    Cheers,
    --Tank

vCash
    didn't realize how much I missed this game!!! Played my first round of the year on Sunday. Didn't get to the range before the round at all...didn't get to hit any putts before Sunday. Wasn't expecting much, but managed to shoot 82. Lost 2 shots that were right up against trees, 3 putted 2 par 3s that I hit in regulation (first off-season with the long putter...not used to lag putts yet), had another 2 shots that were the result of brain farts on my part...EASILY could have shot 75 or 76. Walked away from our 2 man Sunday league with $19 on a proximity, a skin, and my dad and I split the low team net prize.

GOD I LOVE THIS GAME!!!

vCash
    got out for the first time this year today, and shot a 108 lol but the course(sunset in goderich) wasnt in very good shape yet. still managed 2 pars which is about as good i can do in a single round.
    Sens Raps Jays

vCash
    I ended truly screwing my score the last hole with 10 on 18, but I got my first eagle today. I hit it around 270 off the drive and then hit my 3 wood off the fairway to roll up to about a foot from the pin. I was so pumped but it does suck to know I will most likely never get that close to an albatross again.

vCash
    Been there done that...I remember leaving a 5 iron from 205 on a par 5 when I was growing up on the lip. It was my second eagle...never been so disappointed to be 2 under on a hole.

That's one of the amazing things about this game...there are shots that you hit that you will remember for decades and decades. My 2nd round of golf EVER (I was 12), par 3 130 yards, downhill...hit a 9 iron that, if it had not rained earlier in the day, would have dropped for a hole in one...as it was, it stopped 2 inches from the hole in its own ball mark. Still, to this day (22 years later) the closest I have ever come to an ace. It took my dad 30+ years to get his first...hoping that mine comes sooner than that!!!

vCash
    I played in a tourney at a country club that has 2 courses. I've only played the one course once, and never the other. It was best ball with my partner. First day I rocket a drive down the left, then start my hybrid to far in the center and get pin high in the left bunker on a par 5, end up going from a good look at eagle to a bogey.

That was the beginning of my problems. I had 5 3 putt bogey's over the course of 3 days. VERY FRUSTERATING
    We played well the first day, horrible the 2nd awesome the 3rd, finished 4th in our bracket 3 shots out of the money. I can name all the shots we shouldn't have done and would have been in the money. That's golf for you.

One funny story is on friday the 2nd round in the middle of our horrible day where neither of us could get going, or make a shot. Partner got the shanks and the pulls, I got the pulls at time. It was horrible, I finally hit a great drive, but leave my wedge just a bit right and it takes a bad hop into the trap. The traps weren't good especially for a country club so I was struggling all week to adjust, and I hit it out but it catches the lip and just stays there on top. I'm pissed, I go up and chip, and it of course drains for par. I'm laughing, my partner meanwhile goes great, then proceeds to drop a 40' double break birdie to cut me off. I couldn't stop laughing on how hilarious that was, and just said you know at this point you just got to laugh.
    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

vCash
    I chipped one in a couple weeks ago from about 25 feet from the hole.

For double bogey.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

vCash
    Played Pinehurst #2 with my class (I work as a part time Pro at PSU and teach an advanced golf class) and shot a -2 from the tips. I'm happy.
    Coulson Lives

vCash
    going to play some mini-golf this week. I'll let you guys know how i do

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast