Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    vCash
    Played a local course near me, one of my favorites . South Mountain is the name of it and they offer a twilight rate $30 for 18 with a cart after 4 pm. They put us out on the back first, which sucks since its the best side. Shot a 39 (left 3 puts on the lip) I was having a great round on the front side then proceeded to double a par 5 finished with another 39 for a round of 78. 6 over isn't bad but I left multiple shots out there!

Lets go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwabSquad View Post
    Played a local course near me, one of my favorites . South Mountain is the name of it and they offer a twilight rate $30 for 18 with a cart after 4 pm. They put us out on the back first, which sucks since its the best side. Shot a 39 (left 3 puts on the lip) I was having a great round on the front side then proceeded to double a par 5 finished with another 39 for a round of 78. 6 over isn't bad but I left multiple shots out there!
    that's why we aren't pros....haha. i feel ya though, almost every round i leave some shots out there and most of the time it's due to my poor putting.
    Cheers,
    --Tank

vCash
    I'm now down to a 17 handicap down from a 27 at the start of the year.

But still last 2 weeks, I have been playing in a funk something bad. Can't chip can't putt, and def can't get out of the sand.

vCash
    I shot an 89 the other day. Pretty happy with that but my round was so up and down. I had a 43 front with 5 pars on the front. I had 3 double bogeys and one bogey On the back I had one par, two double bogeys and six bogeys. It was getting late though so the lack of light did play a small factor on the last few holes. Happy to break 90 though. I was hitting my shots well it's just I had 37 putts which is just unacceptable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    I'm now down to a 17 handicap down from a 27 at the start of the year.

But still last 2 weeks, I have been playing in a funk something bad. Can't chip can't putt, and def can't get out of the sand.
    i've noticed when i play well for a while, i start to over analyze and expect too much. when i step back and lower my expectations, i tend to play a better round.

it's tough to literally take it one shot at a time. but congrats on getting your handicap down. that's quite an accomplishment.
    Cheers,
    --Tank

vCash
    HAHAHAHA...i just got owned and humbled by the Links at Unionvale today.

Course played at about 6800 yards and i struck the ball fine, but the damn greens absolutely murdered me. I am actually a relatively good putter, but i could not get the feel for it today. I don't know a whole lot about slope ratings and stimpmeter...but they were 138 and 10.5-11 respectability. In the grand scheme of things i dont know how difficult that makes the greens, but they were much more difficult then anything i have played.

I ended up shooting a 46-55 for a 101, but it felt like it should have been a 80 with the way i struck the ball. I didn't count my putts but id guess it was somewhere in the 45-50 range. Only had one 1 putt, and maybe 4 or 5 two putts. The rest were 3 and 4 putts.
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]

vCash
    I'm bored in MN and missing golf this time of year, thought I would post. Whats everyone's best turnaround after 9 holes? This summer I went 45 front side, 34 backside. Anyone else have a double digit turnaround?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Googilyotta21 View Post
    I'm bored in MN and missing golf this time of year, thought I would post. Whats everyone's best turnaround after 9 holes? This summer I went 45 front side, 34 backside. Anyone else have a double digit turnaround?
    yowza 34 on the back? Yea that's under par that's impressive. I can't do that.

My best was 49-38 on a par 70

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    yowza 34 on the back? Yea that's under par that's impressive. I can't do that.

My best was 49-38 on a par 70
    I rarely, and I mean rarely go under par on either side. It's fun to comeback though, makes you comeback out next time, haha.

vCash
    In high school I had a round that went 37-49 in our Sectional to miss qualifying for the District tournament as an individual by 3 strokes...kind of a reverse turnaround!

This summer I had a round that went 44-34. It was like 2 completely different 9's...hit nearly every fairway on the front, but couldn't putt (20 or so putts on the front)...only hit 2 fairways on the back, but hit 7 of 9 greens...and had 4 one putts. God I love this game!!!

vCash
    had an eagle last week...

480 yard hole into the win...

piped the drive and split the fairway 265 yards into a stiff wind... had 215 in and I hit perfect little cut shot with a hybrid 3 iron that worked towards the hole. Had about 15 feet left for the eagle with about a foot of break and I actually holed it!!!

Thats the kind of hole that keeps you coming back.

On the day as a whole my driving and ball striking were pretty solid, but my touch left something to be desired. Shot 86 (par 72).

vCash
    I start my traveling Sunday league tomorrow morning...hit a bucket of balls this afternoon that left quite a bit to be desired. That means one of two things....I go out and shoot in the 90s or I scramble around for a round in the mid 70s...that's just how my game works early on in the season.

vCash
    Looking forward to the courses opening up in my area in the next few weeks. Last year I played the most in my entire life and ending up cutting my handicap to about a 12. Thinking of picking up a new set of irons. Anyone have any suggestions?

Also, is anyone here using those belly-putters? If so, how do you like them?
    Proud Member of the Black Hole

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphinn View Post
    Looking forward to the courses opening up in my area in the next few weeks. Last year I played the most in my entire life and ending up cutting my handicap to about a 12. Thinking of picking up a new set of irons. Anyone have any suggestions?

Also, is anyone here using those belly-putters? If so, how do you like them?
    If you are, or are interested in becoming, a serious golfer...do yourself a favor and get fitted first. My current irons (Ping G5) are the first set that I got fitted for...what a huge difference! I found that my ideal set is standard with the exception of 1/2 inch long with stiff shafts. I had been using stock off the shelf irons my whole life...with decent results. Once I started hitting the Pings...let's just say that this game has gotten a lot more fun for me over the last 2+ years!

Regarding the belly putter...after the way that I putted today, I am DEFINITELY looking on eBay for a deal on a Taylor Made Spider Ghost Belly putter. I am sure that most of my putting woes today were user error...but I have been tinkering around with the belly putter at Dick's Sporting Goods since the winter and I love the feel and control that I have with it! I have a thread started on here about them...some love them, some think that they are cheating...as long as they are legal, I will use one to take money from the rest of the guys in my league!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    I start my traveling Sunday league tomorrow morning...hit a bucket of balls this afternoon that left quite a bit to be desired. That means one of two things....I go out and shoot in the 90s or I scramble around for a round in the mid 70s...that's just how my game works early on in the season.
    SOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! 87 (43-44) on a par 72 course (about 6300 yards). My driver and I were great friends on the front 9 but seemed to have some sort of a spat over the hot dog at the turn...I couldn't hit a fairway to save my life. My irons, to my delight, were MUCH straighter than they were on the range yesterday (I was fearful of killing men, women, and children on the left side of every hole yesterday). My distance control wasn't what it was at the end of last year...left a lot of approach shots short (partially due to wetter course conditions with considerable winds, partially due to knee surgery in November affecting my ability to transfer my weight to the left side, and partially due to the fact that this was my first round of the year).

My putting...YUCK!!! Actually...probably not all that bad, but I burnt the edge on 5 or 6 holes today, missed a few 3-5 footers I usually make, and wasn't putting myself in position for makeable first putts (poor approach shots/distance control).

I was also VERY impressed with my new Taylor Made SuperLaunch 3 and 4 hybrids. I hit them off the tee a few times...220 (4) and about 240 (3) with a baby draw...also hit them very well on long approach shots (210-230). I have never been able to hit a fairway wood off the deck...no idea why, just can't do it...but the hybrids worked great! I can't wait to get to a longish par 5 when the courses are getting more roll...this alone will shave 2-4 shots off per round as I have always played par 5s as 3 shot holes in the past.

Needless to say........GOLF IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast