Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Shot a 90 over the weekend. It was a nice bounce back from that ugly 116 I shot last week.

vCash
    Slowly getting it down... 87 over this past weekend.

vCash
    Golf season is almost over but it was nice out today. Crazily I've figured out how to hit irons. It's like a revelation. But I still can't putt. Shot a 47 on a 9 hole course today. Really hit some great irons. Really hit some ****** putts.

vCash
    ^ Haha, that is golf for ya. One day you're doing part __ of your game well, next round it's way off and something else is working well.

You really have to enjoy the rounds where everything works at once.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boozerguy47 View Post
    ^ Haha, that is golf for ya. One day you're doing part __ of your game well, next round it's way off and something else is working well.

You really have to enjoy the rounds where everything works at once.
    that's every once in a while. i consider myself a decent golfer and those rounds are hard to come by. i'm either scrambling my arse off putting lights out, or i'm hitting 'em straight & throwing darts, but can't putt.
    Cheers,
    --Tank

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    Golf season is almost over but it was nice out today. Crazily I've figured out how to hit irons. It's like a revelation. But I still can't putt. Shot a 47 on a 9 hole course today. Really hit some great irons. Really hit some ****** putts.
    i know how you feel.

btw, i've put my clubs up. too cold to play.
    Cheers,
    --Tank

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankjeep View Post
    i know how you feel.

btw, i've put my clubs up. too cold to play.
    A short drive from my school is a place that has a heated driving range, so i go there a couple times during the semester. I cant wait to get out there and play some golf.

I just got the Golfshot GPS app, and after looking around it looks awesome. I got a pre-Christmas set of iTunes giftcards and decided to cash a good bit of it in for that app.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    I will be playing at American Golfers Club today. The course seems good, but i dont know yet.

Scorecard will come later.

vCash
    So apparently they were bought out by a private club (Coral Ridge CC), now i cant play unless i drive somewhere way out of the way. I posted on my twitter to boycott that course but i doubt it will do any good, so i am also putting it here. Never golf at the Coral Ridge CC.

vCash
    Alright, so here is how things went. I started off very rough and for the first couple holes didnt play very well. The first hole i got a 10 (double par) but sort of settled down.

I only got to finish 13 holes and had a 62. It was a strange experience because i was playing with an old set (the "woods" were actually wood and the putter was basically a block.

vCash
    why only 13 holes?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    why only 13 holes?
    The honest answer was the course doesnt have bathrooms along the way and i was out there with my grandfather. He needed to use the bathroom and it was about 5:30 so we would have had to go soon anyways. When i am down here if we eat after 5:30 something went wrong anyways.

There were a lot of small things that contributed to my higher than average score, but i dont like placing blame elsewhere.

vCash
    I went out today, the weather was 46 degrees and i couldnt not go.

I was still rusty but felt good. I got a 110 today.

Also sadly, the above post was a typo. It was 11 holes not 13.
    Last edited by dbroncos78087; 01-15-2011 at 05:20 PM.

vCash
    played on a whim on january 3rd, but only got 17 holes in & noticed that i lost my cell phone. also, wore an old pair of golf shoes that suck. i got blisters.....they were the only pair i had in my car on the way to the course. it was like 36 degrees.

got new clubs, so i was trying to break them in. taylor made burner plus's. didn't really keep score but i think i was on pace to shoot a 78 or an 80.
    Cheers,
    --Tank

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankjeep View Post
    played on a whim on january 3rd, but only got 17 holes in & noticed that i lost my cell phone. also, wore an old pair of golf shoes that suck. i got blisters.....they were the only pair i had in my car on the way to the course. it was like 36 degrees.

got new clubs, so i was trying to break them in. taylor made burner plus's. didn't really keep score but i think i was on pace to shoot a 78 or an 80.
    You should put a full list in the 2011 bag thread. I like your bag instantly when you mention Taylormade Burners so i would be very interested in the rest of your bag.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast