Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    This thread is hilarious. I obviously don't know many of you, but the scores are amazing. I wonder how many of them are actually legit? Does anyone else question that? Not that I have a reason to question anyone in here, but I went to state in high school and probably am a 10-12 handicap now and consider myself a better than average golfer compared to the rest of the public. The scores in here seem like I'm reading the Q-school qualifying rounds.

vCash
    Sacramento Ca...........Ancil Hoffman ,great course postage stamp greens and long from the blues,shot 79 with a triple OUCH!!!.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by augipitcher3 View Post
    This thread is hilarious. I obviously don't know many of you, but the scores are amazing. I wonder how many of them are actually legit? Does anyone else question that? Not that I have a reason to question anyone in here, but I went to state in high school and probably am a 10-12 handicap now and consider myself a better than average golfer compared to the rest of the public. The scores in here seem like I'm reading the Q-school qualifying rounds.
    true, people could telling a lie just to feel good about themselves, but i doubt most, if not all of those saying they shot so-n-so are lying. the talent in golf these days with kids learning at an earlier age is way up. i've been to junior tournaments and kids that are 10 years and up have pro swings.

i developed my swign purely from being an athlete without any formal help and was lucky to play div III golf. i wasn't that good, but i had fun. and if i play on a short course, i'll shoot well. but get me on a longer course and i'm struggling to shot in the low 80's. my swing does not lend to long drives or longer irons as much as some of these kids i mentioned above.

the better the swing, the more clubhead speed you can generate. and with today's equipment, a kid in his teens is able to drive the ball close to 300 yards.

sorry didn't mean to go off on a tangent. most of the courses i've played aren't extremely difficult and i can see why most decent golfers shoot so well. i played the va beach national last year and it used to be a course used for the nationwide tour....and i shot a 76. i played lights out, but the course was fairly open and the greens were nice.

anyway, what were talking about...? haha.
    Cheers,
    --Tank

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The last part of your statement caught my attention. That sucks. But i think i can top it.

Two years ago i was playing golf with a couple friends of mine, one of whom plays golf, one who doesnt. They got the brilliant idea of throwing my 3-wood at my club while i was making my drive. Anyways, i made solid contact...on the 3-wood and snapped the head off. Since they were responsible though the one that does play golf gave me his 3-wood and 5-wood. So now i have two 5-woods. But they dont fit in with my clubs.
    Oh, the memories....

This year for my high school golf team we were at practice one day and my friend and I were about to go play 9 as soon as he finished up at the range. so he was on his last ball and I put my driver in on his back swing. It broke into 3 pieces. It was a ****** driver, so it wasn't that big of a deal, but wow, talk about funny.

My personal best was a 48 at the U of I Blue Course.

I had only 1 3 putt, which made me really happy. But I think I might have shaved some strokes off. High school golf tip: Shave strokes, your opponent doesn't pay a bit of attention.

vCash
    Shot 73 yesterday at silverado north course in napa
    -2 on the back

vCash
    Visited NorthRidge Golf Course in Guerneville

Shot a 43 on a 9-hole round with my father and uncle.

Awesome course, but the fairways & greens were pretty soft after weeks of rain

next month, were going to Bodega Bay Golf Course, pumped for that

vCash
    Wow if these scores are legit some of you kick ***. My best score ever is an 83 and that was on a really really good day for me and I was still 12 over par when all was said and done. I just don't how people can be so good. I usually shoot in the 90's and piss off the groups behind me because I have a lot of bad shots. I have only been in the 80's probably 4 or 5 times in my 6 years of golf.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by augipitcher3 View Post
    My handicap index is a 12.3 right now. I play usually upwards of 70 /18 hole rounds per summer amd I uasually play to my handicap + or- a couple of strokes. I am not anywhere near a Q school pro or will I ever be.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' with the amount up to, and sometimes including, their life.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    Shot a 78 at a course called Riverbend in salt lake city utah.

Lets go.

vCash
    Shot a 55 today playing 9 holes. I know I suck but I am getting better..I think. I have been driving the ball pretty well lately, and im not to bad at putting and chipping. My iron shots have just been absolutely killing me though, which is odd because last year I was better with my irons than with my driver. Hoping to get out on the driving range tomorrow and get my damn irons figured out.

vCash
    Shot a 52 the other day at Charleston Springs. I'm not too good, but I play for my school team. My team sucks

vCash
    God my handicap is going to soar. I'm a 27 handicap at my home club, and finally sunday shot a 100, (drained a 35 ft put on 18 for double bogey, god i'm so up and down). I was really hoping to break a 100 for the first time this year. The stroke is getting better, but i'm still not where i was last year (which is sad since you know I have a 27 handicap). Thankfully 5 people at the club I belong too, have a worse handicap to me, but man it's depressing seeing probably 15 single digit handicaps and mine is so high.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Shot a 94 today at my home course, Hominy Hill Golf Course in Colts Neck, NJ. It's rated one of the top public courses in the country. I live like ten minutes away, so I play there quite often. Usually I shoot low 100's, but today I was really on my game. 43 front nine and 51 back nine (bombed two holes- triple bogies). I'm not the best golfer, but I love to play.

vCash
    Shot an 86 today at a fairly easy course from the tips. Didn't do anything that well, had 35 putts and didn't hit the ball that well. Played one ball the entire round today so that probably helped. I'm playing Cog Hill tomorrow (not the nice one), lets see how it goes haha

Thanks MJ-BULLS for the sig

vCash
    I shot a 56 on 9-holes this weekend, that is about 8-9 strokes above my 9-hole average and there are a couple reasons for that. One, i havent played in about 4 months so my putting and short game were terribly rusty; and two, i was playing with my little brother who has never played before so that threw my rhythm off quite a bit. I let about 6 people go around us.

That being said, it felt great to get back out there and i hope to get to play much more often in the coming months when the older people wont want to be out there because of the heat.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast