Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Good thread idea here. Nice to see we got rid of the '08 U.S. Open sticky.

So my last round that I played was a couple of weeks ago now. I shot an 80 from the blacks at Diamond Valley Ranch in Hemet, Ca.
    Best round I've ever shot. I putted for birdie on 8 straight holes.
    Here's the info off my Sonocadie:
    86% of fairways
    61% GIR
    2.06 putts/hole
    Birdies 17%
    Par 33%
    Bogies 39%
    Double Bogies 11%

I should've shot better and I feel confident in saying that even though this was my lowest round. I lost my putter about a month and a half ago and I've got this horrible POS for a replacement. It's over 20 years old and just sucks ***. Birdie to bogie happened quite a bit that day. I used the same ball through 16 holes! ha ha that was probably the best part to me.

vCash
    I think it is a good thread for this section. I dont know how popular this forum will ever be but this will help. And yea i saw those and thought they shouldnt be there anymore.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I think it is a good thread for this section. I dont know how popular this forum will ever be but this will help. And yea i saw those and thought they shouldnt be there anymore.
    Hopefully we can get it some regular activity. When I first saw this, I was like sweet a golf forum, now I can spend all my time on PSD, but I'd make a post and it wouldn't get a response for weeks, if it did.

He woulda been ****ed in Washington...
    Update: Turns out he was ****ed in Kansas City too

Flyers PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2009
    Phillies PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2010

vCash
    Saturday I'm play at the TPC at Deere Run, where they play the John Deere Classic. Should be interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Saturday I'm play at the TPC at Deere Run, where they play the John Deere Classic. Should be interesting.
    Thats really cool. I go to Arizona every spring break and the weekend I arrive there is an LPGA tournament (Safeway Open) at the golf course I always play (Superstition Mountain). Well the next day they leave the course set up exactly how they had it for the Sunday of the tournament and I usually play that day. I shot a 89 that day. I'd say they play from about the White tees, maybe a little longer. The greens were crazy. I believe they said they were a 13 or 14 on the Stimp meter. Let us know how it goes at TPC at Deere Run.

Thanks MJ-BULLS for the sig

vCash
    My god that course was tough. I absolutely sucked it up on the front nine but came back to shoot a 46 on the back. So I was happy with that. It was well worth the 2 hour trip and money.

vCash
    My god that course was tough. I absolutely sucked it up on the front nine but came back to shoot a 46 on the back. So I was happy with that. It was well worth the 2 hour trip and money.
    How much did it cost? How did you get to go and play. I'm very jealous of you right now haha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan1433 View Post
    How much did it cost? How did you get to go and play. I'm very jealous of you right now haha.
    It was only $72, cheaper than Bolingbrook, haha. My friends and I just booked a tee time, it was wide open the whole afternoon. The course was very tough, I don't think they have cut the rough since the John Deere.

And it drops down to $62 if you play after 2 PM.
    Last edited by gocubs2118; 08-02-2009 at 12:53 AM.

vCash
    It was only $72, cheaper than Bolingbrook, haha. My friends and I just booked a tee time, it was wide open the whole afternoon. The course was very tough, I don't think they have cut the rough since the John Deere.

And it drops down to $62 if you play after 2 PM.
    Thats not bad. I was a member at Bolingbrook last year, but not this year. Bolingbrook does this amazing deal though. My dad and I play 18 holes with a cart for $40. After 4 PM an adult gets to play for 40 and anyone under 18 gets to play for free. I usually do that.

Btw, just finished my round at bolingbrook. Shot the ugliest 90 of my life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan1433 View Post
    Thats really cool. I go to Arizona every spring break and the weekend I arrive there is an LPGA tournament (Safeway Open) at the golf course I always play (Superstition Mountain). Well the next day they leave the course set up exactly how they had it for the Sunday of the tournament and I usually play that day. I shot a 89 that day. I'd say they play from about the White tees, maybe a little longer. The greens were crazy. I believe they said they were a 13 or 14 on the Stimp meter. Let us know how it goes at TPC at Deere Run.
    im actally a member at superstition

and i remember practicing on the putting green before last years event and the putt went off the green. This was a few days before the practice rounds and many of the lpga players saw me putt it off the green. I was so embarassed. I did go out and shoot a 74 but thats another story.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff86 View Post
    im actally a member at superstition

and i remember practicing on the putting green before last years event and the putt went off the green. This was a few days before the practice rounds and many of the lpga players saw me putt it off the green. I was so embarassed. I did go out and shoot a 74 but thats another story.
    Oh thats cool. My uncle owned a house down there, but recently sold it, and my grandpa and grandma live down there as well. They play there like everyday. I love the courses. Do you like Lost Gold or Prospector better?

vCash
    i like prospector better because i seem to struggle more on lost gold

ya i have a house off of 16 green on lost gold

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff86 View Post
    i like prospector better because i seem to struggle more on lost gold

ya i have a house off of 16 green on lost gold
    See I definently think Prospector is the easier one, but for reason I play better on Lost Gold.

vCash
    i played 36 at olmpic club today

shot 73/73

only think was 1st round i had 25 putts, 2nd round 29 but 2nd round i was -1 on the front then blew up

vCash
    Played Oakmont CC this afternoon. Greens were a 13 stimp. Like putting on velvet....really fast velvet. Sand traps were an automatic 1 stroke penalty. Fairways were perfect (although I didn't spend an inordinate time there). Did I mention that Oakmont is a "walking course"? Unless you have a medical condition, you walk the course and you have a caddy. It was hot, I was tired & my goal was to break 100. Mission accomplished.....shot a 97. 53-44. I would normally shoot 80-82 at our league course. Got my butt kicked.....but with a smile on my face!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast