Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Healthy Yao Ming or Healthy Dwight Howard?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yao

    18 46.15%
  • Dwight

    21 53.85%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    4,333
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    well, I don't live in what ifs, so it is Dwight all the way.
    thats just not answering the question

    Yao when healthy > dwight in so many aspects
    No acting here!



  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    26,051
    vCash
    500
    Yao has a wider arrange of post moves and a much better shooter from outside. Howard is the more dominant rebounder and shot blocker, and more of an intimidator. Howard can win ball games with his defense. Yao can be backed down and overpowered. If Howard develops a couple post moves, it would be him in a land slide. But until then, Dwight just barely.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Mississauga, ON
    Posts
    192
    vCash
    1500
    I voted Dwight, but I'm second guessing myself

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    47
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMetros View Post
    Yao has a wider arrange of post moves and a much better shooter from outside. Howard is the more dominant rebounder and shot blocker, and more of an intimidator. Howard can win ball games with his defense. Yao can be backed down and overpowered. If Howard develops a couple post moves, it would be him in a land slide. But until then, Dwight just barely.
    That is false about how he can be overpowered and backdown. If that can happen to him, how come Howard doesn't do it in the head to head matchups? Because he can't, because Yao is stronger. Yao is also one of the few players that can guard Shaq in single coverage today the only other players that can do that is Joel Przybilla and Tim Duncan and that's it.

    Yao>Dwight.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    22,311
    vCash
    1500
    D12

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    631
    vCash
    1500
    at first, i was leaning towards dwight. but i changed my mind because yao creates so many matchup problems
    BEAT THE HEAT!!! GO MAVS!!!

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    599
    vCash
    1500
    I dont know if there is a such thing as a healthy Yao..but if there was I would take him all day. Besides Lebron or kobe he is the biggest match up problem in the NBA. The dude is 7 6 and can shot from 18 feet away.

  8. #23
    MGB's Avatar
    MGB is offline mundayne ejaculation man
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,424
    vCash
    1500
    The correct answer is Dwight IMO. While Yao is MUCH better on Offense, neither guy can really take over a game on that side of the ball. However, Dwight can undoubtedly take over a game on Defense, while I don't believe Yao can do that.

    I'd still LOVE to have either guy.



  9. #24
    MGB's Avatar
    MGB is offline mundayne ejaculation man
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,424
    vCash
    1500
    Although, I'd reconsider my stance if I could see Yao put in more healthy time. He's not really been consistent enough to really put together a real whole set of data on him.



  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,771
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Spurred1 View Post
    This looks familiar. What was the name of that guy that posted Yao vs. Dwight threads every other day?


    I think you're thinking of realisticrocket or somthing like that.





    Yao is the better offensive player

    Dwight is the better defensive player

    Defense wins champions

    Dwight Howard

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,089
    vCash
    1500
    orlando would have definitely won the championship if they had yao making free throws

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,265
    vCash
    1500
    Who is better...A healthy Yao Ming or a motivated and in shape Santa Claus?

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    575
    vCash
    1500
    Yao is better and I would take him anyday

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    orlando florida
    Posts
    1,064
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by daleja424 View Post
    excellent post
    thank you kind sir......i hope what i wrote made sense

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    orlando florida
    Posts
    1,064
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonPoweIsBeast View Post
    That is false about how he can be overpowered and backdown. If that can happen to him, how come Howard doesn't do it in the head to head matchups? Because he can't, because Yao is stronger. Yao is also one of the few players that can guard Shaq in single coverage today the only other players that can do that is Joel Przybilla and Tim Duncan and that's it.

    Yao>Dwight.
    cool, theyve had a chance to play, what, five + times against eachother.....either people really hate dwight (or the magic in general) or people just dont watch much basketball.........dwights missed three games total compared to yao missing 80 in seven years........if any of you say youd pick yao over dwight to start a franchise,well, you would be lying to yourself

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •