Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Best Player in the Decade of the 2000's. Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, Lebron, Garnett or Wade

Voters
281. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shaq

62 22.06%
  • Duncan

59 21.00%
  • Kobe

123 43.77%
  • Lebron

9 3.20%
  • Garnett

4 1.42%
  • Wade

24 8.54%
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Lebron and Wade are also good defenders.
    They are good gamblers and help defenders, but not man on man defenders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DCSportsIsPain View Post
    Shaq goes anywhere that already has a superstar and puts them in contention. Shaq does not win without Kobe. Shaq does not win without D-Wade. Shaq does not win by himself. Not any more than the players who always get accused of not being able to win without Shaq. Kobe just solved that riddle for himself. What happens when LeBron doesn't win with Shaq? Who gets blamed?

If Shaq had been average sized instead of gargantuan, he would have had no career in basketball. If there were a "No Dunking" rule, Shaq could not play the game. That is why he does not get my vote.

Please, stop downplaying Shaq's legacy. Stop being a hater. We were all wintesses early on in this decade when we saw the most unstoppable, immovable force ever. Anyone can have that body type, but its those who are able to capitalize and recognize the opponents' weaknesses that makes them so great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ARMIN12NBA View Post
    Wade is getting there. Last couple of summers, he's been getting tips from both Gary Payton (his former Heat teammate from 06 title) and Kobe (olympics and all). They both been willing to help him out, and he's been improving, especially this past season.

vCash
    It's still defense. And its just as helpful as man to man defense.

And Lebron was 2nd in the DPOY voting.

J_M_B is offline Good Enough Ain't Enough
    vCash
    Lebron and Wade are also good defenders.
    Yea LeBron and Wade are great defenders. I think Wade is better out of the two. Great individual defender and over 100 blocks and 100 steals season(name a guard that has those stats this past decade or so) . Wade was robbed of the 1st team all defense. Also Lebron run from behind blocks on fast breaks were great too.

vCash
    Shaq.

J_M_B is offline Good Enough Ain't Enough
    vCash
    Not good defenders? Lebron 2nd in DOY Wade 3rd on the voting.

vCash
    Kobe: the best player

Shaq: the most dominant

Duncan: the most consistent/best winner

vCash
    Shaq has acheived more in the 6 years he was dominant than Kobe or Duncan in their 9 year.
    Sorry last i checked 6 years doesnt make a decade.

vCash
    lol wow garnett got 0 votes, thats suprising

vCash
    Duncan he has been a force ever since he entered the league he is "Mr. Fundamentals" 4 NBA titles, 2 Finals MVP, 2 season MVP IMO he was always the main key to the Spurs winning the championships. Last year was a horrible season for him, but everybody has one. It would be a tie between him and Shaq.

A.I. could be mentioned hes dominated every season until last season, but like I said everybody has one. Also Kidd could be mentioned too

Its Over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYtilIdie View Post
    Duncan he has been a force ever since he entered the league he is "Mr. Fundamentals" 4 NBA titles, 2 Finals MVP, 2 season MVP IMO he was always the main key to the Spurs winning the championships. Last year was a horrible season for him, but everybody has one. It would be a tie between him and Shaq.

A.I. could be mentioned hes dominated every season until last season, but like I said everybody has one. Also Kidd could be mentioned too
    lol A.I has dominated, he killed the nuggets team and he has 0 rings so he hasnt dominated nothing and he only cares about himself and gettin his points

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DCB/LAL View Post
    Sorry last i checked 6 years doesnt make a decade.
    Who's acheived more from 2000 until now.

4 titles, 3 Finals MVPs, MVP, All star considerations, and has better stats than anyone else since 2000

And if I ask you who the best player was in the 90's, your not going to say Jordan? Cuz technically, he was only around for 6 years in the 90's.

vCash
    Its Shaq.

People are saying that Shaq shouldn't be player of the decade because the only "played" for 6 years.

What about Jordan? He was the best player in the 90's and its not even a debate but he only played 6 years.

Just because you play 6 years doesn't mean you take away how much they acheive throughout that decade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DCSportsIsPain View Post
    Going by titles is the wrong way to answer this question, since no single player ever wins a title by himself. "Basketball Player" disqualifies Shaq. He is not a basketball player. "Basketball Player" requires five fundamentals, passing, shooting, rebounding, defense, and ball handling. That eliminates Kobe, LeBron, and DWade. They are scorers. Duncan and Garnett and even Nowitzki are better basketball players than the rest of this list.

911 someone call 911 whatever you are smoking must be a new drug that makes people 10% stupider

I just got dumber reading this! I never knew Nowitzki was a better basketball player then shaq,kobe,lebron,and wade. Hes not even a better defender than any of them

You do know that kobe and dwayne are both top 15 defensive players in the league! dwade- 2.2 steals 1.3 blocks a game as a SG haha but he plays NO defense right???

Shaq was one of the best POST defenders in the NBA he has ALWAYS had problems with the pick and roll but remember the CHANGED the rules because he was so dominate on defense

Kobe i dont even know what to say to you here buddy if you dont think kobe is a good defender then mayb you should stop .
    Suns
    Cardinals

2015 ARIZONA WILL OWN THE SPORTS WORLD.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast