133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lebron

32 24.06%
  • Kobe

101 75.94%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lebron or Kobe

vCash
    How can kobe be the best in the world, when the only thing he can do is score? lebron even avg more points then him while sitting out 10 4th Q.

You guys will never give me a real reason other then ships on why kobe is better, so i'm done...
    Last edited by prodigy; 07-14-2009 at 07:57 PM.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBaller View Post
    From Last Season.

LeBron James- Mo Williams

Kobe Bryant- P. Gasol, A. Bynum, L. Odom, T. Ariza, and D. Fisher

Kobe has way better supporting cast then LeBron... Only thing Kobe is gonna do is wine "trade me, trade me" Have you heard LeBron complain about his crappy team...
    so kobe has all those supporting cast n he is still averaging 26 pt, 5 reb, 5 assist, and 1 steal... that is something u are ignoring labron is by himself n he averages just lil better den kobe what u have to say about that?

vCash

Most sensible post

+1. Very fair analysis

Quote Originally Posted by CavsYanksDuke View Post
    I feel like stats can't really be used to judge these two because if Kobe really WANTED to, he could put up the numbers, maybe not rebounding, that LeBron has to put up because of his lackluster cast around him. However, Kobe has realized that he doesn't need to and shouldn't put up 30 a night. And honestly, LeBron believes the same thing.

The only thing that separates these two is Kobe's shooting abilities and LeBron's size and athleticism. LeBron would kill for Kobe's jumper and Kobe would kill for LeBron's "Go-Go Gadget Calves."

So honestly, it comes down to potential. RIGHT NOW, at this VERY moment, LeBron is a much more desirable player because he has so much room to grow technically, while still being young and athletic.

But if by better, you mean who is winning the rivalry, obviously Kobe is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by K0bE24J0RdAN23 View Post
    Of course ppl are gonna put LBJ... its in the cavs forum.....
    but Kobe gets the nod!
    even in cavs thread kobe is winning )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    How can kobe be the best in the world, when the only thing he can do is score? lebron even avg more points then him while sitting out 10 4th Q.

You guys will never give me a real reason other then ships on why kobe is better, so i'm done...
    kobe did the same thing. Put Lebron in the triangle and I know he wont put up the same numbers he did last year. Lebron doesnt even run a real offense I watched around 12 Cavs games this year and it seemed that every play Lebron touched the ball also with Lebron being so big it makes it really easy for him to get to the hole and boost his FG percentage so your argument behind that is garbage.

vCash
    Kobe is still much more well rounded than Lebron. Kobe is a much better shooter, has better footwork, a better man-defender, freethrow shooter, more clutch (hands down), and his killer instinct and work ethic is unmatched. Lebron is a better rebounder, passer and dunker. And for those that want to argue stats...Lebron dominates the ball the entire game, as much as anyone in the game.
    Also, everyone that wants to cry and say that Lebron has nothing to work with and Kobe has everything. Well, I'm sure Kobe would love the cakewalk schedule of competing in the East. Lebron got to rest up and pad his STATS against a terrible Pistons team and the Hawks w/o Horford. As soon as they met a real team they basically got swept (aside from a last second shot by LBJ).
    Lebron is a great player, and IMO is the #2 in the league, but he has been crowned too soon. The comparison should be who is better between Wade and Lebron, because Lebron has a lot to prove before he is on Kobes level. Wade is right on the heels of Lebron. I'm not against Lebron, but he is being handed everything on a platter. He was called the King before the real King was even dethroned. Kobe=King...Lebron=Prince. Someday Lebron. Someday.
    R.I.P. Kenny McKinley. You will be missed

vCash

All he can do is score?

All he can do is score??? Wow! Don't be such a Lebron homer. Have you forgotten how many times Kobe has made 1st team All NBA Defense?? C'mon bro....give credit where credit is due. You lose credibility when you make such foolish comments.

vCash
    mybe god can't, but numbers can. We are talking about players, not teams, or rings or any of that. Just lebron and kobe.

lebrons numbers kill kobe's.
    In that case, go look at Kobe's numbers for the 2 years he had no team.

9. 07-14-2009, 08:27 PM
    Reason
    Inappropriate

10. 07-14-2009, 08:56 PM
    Reason
    Inappropriate

vCash
    Wow.. Kobe winning in a cavs forum?? haha

vCash
    So derek fisher is better then lebron?

we were talking about the players, who's better. Not who has the most ships.
    Your logic is either non-existent or you are on crack. Really now, Fisher to be compared to kobe and lebron? C'mon man. Look back and read my response again and it might make sense you next time around.
    "Tittays & Tank"

vCash
    Kobe absolutely hands down no questions asked.

vCash

Many Good points

There are many good points on this thread. We are comparing Zeus to Poseidon... two basketball gods. Lebron is not there yet but everyone knows he will be. Let Kobe have his time, Lebron will get there soon enough. Kobe is on or close to his decline as the best player in the world.

Talking stats - Lebron is amazing and can pass and rebound with the best of them. I think he covers more stat areas than Kobe. However, if Kobe wanted to step up his assists, he could easily hit 8-10 per night. Doesn't matter. Give it to Kobe and pass it to Lebron in a year or two. That goes for ESPN too.

15. 07-14-2009, 10:18 PM
    Reason
    Inappropriate

vCash
    Kobe winning?

That nike incident may have swayed some of his fans. lol

17. 07-14-2009, 10:25 PM
    Reason
    No IMG's

vCash
    Kobe by far...he has more a drive to win...hes more of a competitor...hes a better shooter even with a man in his face. Basketball is a sport of 5 players not 1 so by going off stats to measure 1 players abilities and talent is not fair...Kobe is a better leader and a better team player. The cavs had the best record in the NBA so no one can use the excuse Lebron didnt have a good team or players around him...KOBE IS THE BETTER PLAYER BAR NONE!!!!!!!

19. 07-14-2009, 10:33 PM
    Reason
    No IMG's

vCash
    Lebron Is a great player but he's a product of ESPN and the NBA. The powers at be made Lebron into the Face of the NBA. They gave him the Title of KING before he even made it to the playoffs. Its a marketing strategy that worked when Jordan was around, pre-Colorado Kobe and now the Lebron era. The media forces him down your throat and says he is the King bow down. Yet, the King hasn't won a ring. He's nothing more than a figurehead, like the Queen of England or the Emperror of Japan. Whats even funnier is the Marketing strategy is blowing up in their faces because of his child like antics this during these last few months. Sore loser to the Magic, Check the stats/MVP shirts (Yet still a loser), Missing Dunked on tape.

He puts up monster stats because of his Time of Possesion, Can you really say he's not a ball hog? The cavs offense is Lebron Iso- drive- Layup, dunk, foul or kick. So, he's either scoring, getting an assist, or a foul. Not much to it. You say give you more than chips to prove Kobe is better. I say give me more than INFLATED stats on a team that, by your own statements, has no one on it. As stated earlier, if Kobe has the better squad kinda seems to prove the point that he's better than Lebron if bron bron only has slightly higher averages. Lebron is the Offense in Cleveland and Kobe has better players around him and yet his avgs are pretty close to bronbrons.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast