View Poll Results: Will he stay?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 27.27%
  • NO

8 72.73%
    vCash

Heatley could possiby stay with the sens?

After a few after healtey had requested a trade nothing has really happened. Edmonton has the best deal so far but heatley doesn t want to be a oiler. And kovalev has just signed with the sens. No other tean wants heatley badly. Will heatley stay??
    Last edited by sens#11fan; 07-10-2009 at 02:57 PM.

vCash
    he might stay if we can package some bad contracts in the deal for good young cheap players its possible

vCash
    I think that Murray will have to bite the bullet and accept a deal for lesser value then he would like. The question he has to ask is not "Do I have a 50 goal winger" but "do I have a cancer and malcontent that will rip the team apart if I don't get rid of him"

We all know Heatley has talent, but what is the true price going to be if he comes back? Is it worth it? I'd rather have a team full of minor leaguers that show up and play their hearts out and lose then to have some high talent cry babies who don't want to play and throw temper tantrums.

vCash
    There is only one correct approach, and it pains me to say this, the Brian Burke approach. That is basically to publicly tell Heatly to fcuk off! He signed his contract to play for the Sens and that is what he is going to do. If he shows up at camp I would work his *** off until he either begged for forgiveness or walked off the team. It would send a clear a message to the team, and future signees, about what is acceptable and what isn't.

Unfortunately I think Heatly is eventually going to accept the trade to Edmonton. Heatly is just giving other teams time to sort out their RFA's because to him it doesn't matter when he moves - as long as it is before training camp. So if September rolls around and there are no other options then he could potentially accept the deal. Though Edmonton would be completely stupid for taking him and I hope they pull the deal off the table.

vCash
    [URL="http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/07/21/kovalev_heatley_senators/"]

sounds like ottawa management wants heatley to stay

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    I think that Murray will have to bite the bullet and accept a deal for lesser value then he would like. The question he has to ask is not "Do I have a 50 goal winger" but "do I have a cancer and malcontent that will rip the team apart if I don't get rid of him"

We all know Heatley has talent, but what is the true price going to be if he comes back? Is it worth it? I'd rather have a team full of minor leaguers that show up and play their hearts out and lose then to have some high talent cry babies who don't want to play and throw temper tantrums.
    Enough with the "Heatley is a cancer" non sense. Heatley is not a cancer, he just disagrees with the way this team was managed for the last two years , going through 3 coaches , being swept and then missing the playoffs and he wants a change of scenery . A lot of players request trades and you don't hear that much about them being cancers. Yeah,certainly this whole process wasn't as smooth as Heatley and the Sens wished but with the uncertainty regarding the economy these days and with the supposed salary cap drop , it isn't that easy to take on a 7,5 mil contract for the next 5 years especially if the team from which you get the player isn't cap friendly and you can't dump some salary on them. If it wasn't for the cap , Heatley would have been gone already . And don't jugde Heatley because he refused to waive his NTC...it was only Edmonton who made an offer and with one option there isn't much to choose.
    I know all of these because I'm a Sens fan too and I like Heatley.

vCash
    If Heatley stays in Ottawa, they should bench him, even if they have to continue paying his salary. It's to prove a point, make an example out of him. Management makes the business decisions, and the coaching staff make the game decisions. It's a team game and Heatley needs to be a team player - or else he gets benched. He has no respect for team management, and could care less about his current team mates.

vCash
    there's no way that Heatley will ever wear an Ottawa Senators uniform ever again!!! he has totally burned that bridge, Murray has no choice but to attempt to make it look like they'll accept him back to try to get as much as he can for him!!! if the Rangers offered up say Dubinsky & either Del Zotto or Sanguinetti + a contract so the $$$$ can equal out he'll be playing on Broadway this season "mark my words"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    I say he stays. The problem is nobody wants him and Murray won't trade him for lesser value. I'm still hoping Doug Wilson brings him to the Sharks but I don't think it's gonna happen.

vCash
    Heatley's made out to be the enemy, he asked for a trade, Ottawa made it public, and now Heatley's the next most hated athlete, players ask for trades all the time, its the teams making it known to the public that cause's all this mess. I blame Murray and management for making Heatley look bad.