• BIRD

36 62.07%
  • JORDAN

22 37.93%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mj or larry?

vCash

Mj or larry?

So my co-worker an I have been arguing all morning because I said that Bird was a better SHOOTER than MJ, so I figured I'd see what you guys thought!

CAREER NUMBERS

Larry Bird - 50% FG 38% 3P 89% FT

Michael Jordan - 50% FG 33% 3P 84% FT

vCash
    Bird was one of the games all time shooters but I have to give it to Jordan still he had so many clutch shots its pretty ridiculous. Bird had his fare share but Jordan still edges him out to me.
    So this is the REAL reason the Heat traded Beasley
    http://i.imgur.com/ABJ1B.jpg

vCash
    if your going on pure shooting its bird.. but there are shooters now like Michael Redd or even JJ Reddick who are great Pure shooters but cant make a play for ****.

vCash
    Larry better shooter Jordan better overall player its like um hmm....who could i use??? Ray Allen and Kobe Allen better shooter Kobe better overall

vCash
    mj is the best of all time, i love larry but he wasnt as dominate as jordan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drose 4 prez View Post
    mj is the best of all time, i love larry but he wasnt as dominate as jordan
    that is obvious everyone know that.. the topic was clearly stating who is a better Shooter

vCash
    Ok let me say again BETTER SHOOTER not better player we all know mj was the goat

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DCB/LAL View Post
    Larry better shooter Jordan better overall player its like um hmm....who could i use??? Ray Allen and Kobe Allen better shooter Kobe better overall
    good analogy.. thats the comparison i was thinking about..

Larry is a better shooter and has more range

vCash
    Larry was the better shooter and I'd have him take a 3 pointer to win the game anytime if I need a 2 pointer and someone to create their own shot give me Mike.

vCash
    Jordan- better scorer
    Bird- better shooter

vCash
    MJ has hit so many clutch shots so he's the better shooter.......If you're not sure who you'd pick ask yourself this - If you were a coach and you had both of them on your team who do you tell to take the last shot to win the game? I know who i'm picking.....MJ

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Dot View Post
    Jordan- better scorer
    Bird- better shooter
    couldn't say it better, Bird is better shooter!

vCash
    People need to read the first post better. The poster asked who the better shooter was, not who the better player was. For those like myself who weren't around for almost any of Bird's career, it's hard to make that judgment. However, I have seen all of Bird's greatest games on tape/ESPN Classic, as well as Jordan's. There is no question that due to his creativity, pure talent, and physique that Jordan was a better scorer and player than Bird. However, there has never been a better pure shooter than Larry Bird. If I wanted someone taking a game winning 3-pointer for my team, I would definitely give the ball to Larry Legend.

Patriots Playoffs 2012: Go Hard Or Go Home!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Dot View Post
    Jordan- better scorer
    Bird- better shooter
    Bird is a much better shooter than Jordan and Jordan is a far superior scorer. But with the game in the balance I'd rather have the ball in Jordan's hands any day of the week over Bird

vCash
    If this was a question on who you wanted to take the last shot of the game I'd still pick Jordan over Bird, but the numbers don't lie, Larry Bird was the better shooter in this case. MJ obviously is the better overall player here based on athleticism etc, but to answer the question correctly the answer is Larry Bird, and I am a huge Jordan fan here people, Larry Bird might be the best pure shooter to play the game.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast