Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who would have been better?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Grant Hill

13 65.00%
  • Penny Hardaway

7 35.00%
    vCash

Grant Hill vs Penny Hardaway

If not for the injuries, who would have been better?

vCash
    Don't you think it's a bit unfair to compare them since they had different roles on their team. Hill was the first option since he got drafted when Penny played 2nd fiddle to Shaq.

Based on what I saw of them and since this is pure speculation, Hill was better. I just felt he was more talented and smarter. Hill was also a bit better at carrying a team even though he never got out of the first round with Detroit. I think it was '96 where he lead them to 56 wins with an average at best roster. The second best player on that team was a past his prime Joe Dumars so that should tell you how talented that team was. Hill was a point forward, a great one at that. He was very versatile (could play the 1, 2 and 3), dynamic scorer, great rebounder and had a PG's court vision. Oh yeah, he also had flash to his game which I loved. I still remember the crossover on Jordan he pulled. Great stuff. If it wasn't for injuries, I think he would've been a top 7 SF all time.

Penny was a great player and would've been a top 10 PG all time. I considered him PG but he could play the 1, 2 an 3 so he was as versatile as Hill. Penny's individual and team defense was also better than Hill's. When Penny became the first option, his career got ruined by injuries and he showed "flashes" of what he was capable of. Just watched the '97 first round series against the Heat where Orlando was down 2-0 and Penny carried them to 2 wins after having back to back 40 point games. Penny was better than what his stats show. Remember, he had to share the ball with various scorers like Grant, Shaq, Andersen, Scott etc. So, he never got to play the way he really COULD have. Penny also had a great, complete all around game.

The difference is that Penny wasn't as gifted as Hill. He wasn't as smart, as good of a passer or scorer. We never got to see Penny's prime, though. What a shame. I do feel both of these players get overrated due to the "what if" factor. Nonetheless, they were great players and their games were a beauty to watch.

vCash
    Both were great. Grant Hill probably was more of a MVP player consistently, but Penny was great as well.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Grant Hill, although Penny was a phenomenal talent.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

vCash
    Grant Hill
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: Disappointing regular season, hoping for good things in 2015.
    Indianapolis Colts: 5-2, Week 8 vs. Steelers
    Dallas Mavericks: New team, hoping for good things this season.
    Ottawa Senators: 4-1-0, games this week vs. Toronto, New Jersey, Chicago

vCash
    good "Q"

vCash
    I would say Grant Hill even though most people looks up to Penny more.

vCash
    Pennnny!

vCash
    Grant Hill, Grant Hill was LeBron James before LeBron James was.

vCash
    Grant Hill

vCash
    Hill

vCash
    a little bias here, but Penny cause some of my best basketball memories as a youngn from the penny-shaq days...the penny commercials with chris rock...the nbc intros...classic

vCash
    Grant Hill, I just think he had more talent then Penny, even though Penny was a great talent too.