Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

AI or Wade.. Who is the better scorer?

who do you think is the BETTER OVERALL scorer?

Here are their career scoring stats per 36 min

Code:
    Wade:

Year    PTS    FG%    3pt%
    03-04   16.8   46.5   30.2   
    04-05   22.4   47.8   28.9
    05-06   25.4   49.5   17.1
    06-07   26.0   49.1   26.6
    07-08   23.1   46.9   28.6
    08-09   28.2   49.1   31.7
    Career  23.9   48.3   28.5
    Code:
    Iverson:

Year    PTS    FG%    3pt%
    96-97   21.1   41.6   34.1
    97-98   20.1   46.1   29.8
    98-99   23.2   41.2   29.1
    99-00   25.1   42.1   34.1
    00-01   26.7   42.0   32.0
    01-02   25.9   39.8   29.1
    02-03   23.4   41.4   27.7
    03-04   22.3   38.7   28.6
    04-05   26.1   42.4   30.8
    05-06   27.6   44.7   32.3
    06-07   22.3   44.2   31.5
    07-08   22.8   45.8   34.5
    08-09   17.1   41.7   28.3
    Career  23.5   42.5   31.3
    Remember this is stats per 36 min and we are talking about their scoring only, bc Wade is better in almost everything else. AI owns Wade in durability though

vCash
    Wade.
    He's unbelievably more efficient that Iverson who imo was unbelievably overrated because he was inefficient.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    Wade.
    He's unbelievably more efficient that Iverson who imo was unbelievably overrated because he was inefficient.
    You're right leading a team to the finals, without a 7'1, 350lb beast is not a big deal, being the only one to beat the Lakers in the playoffs isn't a big deal, being the last player to win a scoring title, allstar mvp and league mvp in the same year since Michael Jordan isn't a big deal. You're right because efficiency means everything, the fact that he led a team that maybe no other player could lead to the finals (even the great Michael Jordan) doesn't mean anything. Jordan always had Pippen, Shaq had Kobe, then Wade, Duncan had Robinson, then Parker, Kobe has Gasol & the best team from 1-15 in the league but who did AI have in the 2001 Finals when they beat LA in game 1 and AI dropped 48? Mutombo? Snow? Mckie? Geiger? Weatherspoon? all of these guys don't rank within 500 ranks of Pippen, Robinson, Kobe, Wade, Parker and even Gasol. AI may not be the most efficient scorer but he would say "I'm scoring 40" and go score 40, nobody would be able to stop him from scoring 40. Wade can't do that because his jumpshot is arguably worse than Lebron's inconsistent jumpshot, which is REALLY saying something. AI hands down better scorer and in his day much better at playing the passing lanes. Wade is better at almost everything else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raph12 View Post
    You're right leading a team to the finals, without a 7'1, 350lb beast is not a big deal
    He single handedly beat the Mavericks and single handedly led a terrible team to a 4th seed.

being the only one to beat the Lakers in the playoffs isn't a big deal
    Who exactly did? Because AI never did.

being the last player to win a scoring title, allstar mvp and league mvp in the same year since Michael Jordan isn't a big deal.
    Nope. Anyone can score a bunch of points on a crappy points. The difference is doing it efficiently. And I don't care about awards. Steve Nash won 2 MVPs, he certainly deserved neither.

You're right because efficiency means everything, the fact that he led a team that maybe no other player could lead to the finals (even the great Michael Jordan) doesn't mean anything. Jordan always had Pippen, Shaq had Kobe, then Wade, Duncan had Robinson, then Parker, Kobe has Gasol & the best team from 1-15 in the league but who did AI have in the 2001 Finals when they beat LA in game 1 and AI dropped 48? Mutombo? Snow? Mckie? Geiger? Weatherspoon? all of these guys don't rank within 500 ranks of Pippen, Robinson, Kobe, Wade, Parker and even Gasol. AI may not be the most efficient scorer but he would say "I'm scoring 40" and go score 40, nobody would be able to stop him from scoring 40.

seriously?
    EC was terrible. That isn't by any means a great feat. And btw, Sixers got torched afterwards anyway.
    He can score 100 points for all I care, if it's inefficient, he isn't good

Wade can't do that because his jumpshot is arguably worse than Lebron's inconsistent jumpshot, which is REALLY saying something.
    Improved, and even without a jumper he still is a dominating scorer. Although he just became one of the best mid range shooters this season.
    AI hands down better scorer and in his day much better at playing the passing lanes.
    False, as efficiency has proved. Again, anyone can score a bunch of points. The difference is whether it can be done EFFICIENTLY.
    As for passing lanes? They are equal at least. And that means very little. Those that gamble at passing lanes, tend to be terrible defenders because more times they lose the gamble. Funny how Denver's defense improved like crazy once AI was gone.
    Wade is better at almost everything else.
    No, he IS better at everything than AI.
    Last edited by kozelkid; 07-10-2009 at 01:37 PM.

vCash
    He single handedly beat the Mavericks and single handedly led a terrible team to a 4th seed.
    Who are you talking about?
    EDIT: OMG YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT WADE IN THE '06 FINALS? SINGLE HANDEDLY? TERRIBLE TEAM? HE HAD SHAQ, J-WILLIAMS, HASLEM, ANTOINE WALKER, ALONZO MOURNING, GARY PAYTON, JAMES POSEY, SHOULD I GO ON?!?!?! BTW IF YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT THIS YEAR THEY FINISHED 5TH NOT 4TH AND THEY HAD J. ONEAL, HASLEM, CHALMERS, BEASLEY, MOON KEEP GOING?!?!? ILL TELL YOU WHAT WADE LED THEM TO, HE LED THEM TO A FIRST ROUND EXIT THIS YEAR AND ONLY 15 WINS LAST YEAR, NEVER IN AI'S CAREER HAS HE BEEN SO ***** TO LOSE 67 GAMES IN A SEASON!

Who exactly did? Because AI never did.
    In the Finals LA was undefeated all playoffs long hoping to set an NBA record and win the championship without a postseason loss. But failed to achieve that feat due to 48 points from Allen Iverson quieting any prospect of setting records.

Nope. Anyone can score a bunch of points on a crappy points. The difference is doing it efficiently. And I don't care about awards. Steve Nash won 2 MVPs, he certainly deserved neither.
    In that case Kobe isn't that great of a scorer either, because Kobe sometimes takes 40+ shots to score 40+ points. AI averaged 33ppg on 45+% shooting which Wade would probably beat but 33%3pt and 81+%ft is something Wade wouldn't beat. Wade shoots 48% from the field, 28% from 3 and 77% from ft line, AI shoots 43% from the field, 32% from 3 and 78% from ft, AI beats him in 2 of the 3 cats so who's more efficient? Plus Wade has no accomplishment beside his name besides the title we wouldn't have gotten without Shaq. But awards mean nothing to you right, only efficiency which Wade lacks at the 3 or the freethrow line, which means all he has is his layups, which believe me if he told guys hes gonna gun for 50, he wouldn't drop 40.

seriously?
    EC was terrible. That isn't by any means a great feat. And btw, Sixers got torched afterwards anyway.
    He can score 100 points for all I care, if it's inefficient, he isn't good
    Besides the title Wade got with Shaq he's been "torched" year-in and year-out in his career so what does that say for him? Plus AI has had games where he's dropped 50 shooting over 70% and the game against LA 2 years ago he was 18-21 before the fourth quarter which he finished 21-27 for 51 points. Show me one game Wade has shot that well

Improved, and even without a jumper he still is a dominating scorer. Although he just became one of the best mid range shooters this season.
    Who told you Wade has one of the best mid-range jumpers in the league? He wouldn't even rank in the top 10, don't make up facts back them up with stats. Plus Wade is no where near a "dominant" scorer, he had one good year and you're all but ready to jump his gun

False, as efficiency has proved. Again, anyone can score a bunch of points. The difference is whether it can be done EFFICIENTLY.
    As for passing lanes? They are equal at least. And that means very little. Those that gamble at passing lanes, tend to be terrible defenders because more times they lose the gamble. Funny how Denver's defense improved like crazy once AI was gone.

Name one guy who's won a scoring title on any percentage that people don't consider a good scorer. As for the passing lanes, since when does 1.8spg amount to 2.4spg and if gambling at the passing lanes make you a terrible defender than I guess Chris Paul who leads the league in spg is a horrible defender and all of the people who voted him for defensive player of the year and all-defensive 1st team are a bunch of douche bags lol

No, he IS better at everything than AI.
    No, he isn't close to being as good a scorer, shooting the ball, playing the passing lanes and arguably being a better passer in terms of assists-to-turnover ratio for the past 7 seasons AI ousts Wade in all these categories. So before talking trash do some research buds.
    Last edited by Raph12; 07-10-2009 at 02:27 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raph12 View Post
    Who are you talking about?
    EDIT: OMG YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT WADE IN THE '06 FINALS? SINGLE HANDEDLY? TERRIBLE TEAM? HE HAD SHAQ, J-WILLIAMS, HASLEM, ANTOINE WALKER, ALONZO MOURNING, GARY PAYTON, JAMES POSEY, SHOULD I GO ON?!?!?! BTW IF YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT THIS YEAR THEY FINISHED 5TH NOT 4TH AND THEY HAD J. ONEAL, HASLEM, CHALMERS, BEASLEY, MOON KEEP GOING?!?!? ILL TELL YOU WHAT WADE LED THEM TO, HE LED THEM TO A FIRST ROUND EXIT THIS YEAR AND ONLY 15 WINS LAST YEAR, NEVER IN AI'S CAREER HAS HE BEEN SO ***** TO LOSE 67 GAMES IN A SEASON!
    OMG I CAN TYPE IN CAPS TOO AND BE ANNOYING!
    Yes, single handedly. And had one of the greatest final performances ever. And this is coming from an MJ fan.
    Wade also was injured the entired season last year and Riley tanked on purpose. Unless you are too naive to see that.

In the Finals LA was undefeated all playoffs long hoping to set an NBA record and win the championship without a postseason loss. But failed to achieve that feat due to 48 points from Allen Iverson quieting any prospect of setting records.
    OH NO!
    One game, big ****ing deal. **** happens. Who won? Lakers, that's who.

In that case Kobe isn't that great of a scorer either, because Kobe sometimes takes 40+ shots to score 40+ points. AI averaged 33ppg on 45+% shooting which Wade would probably beat but 33%3pt and 81+%ft is something Wade wouldn't beat. Wade shoots 48% from the field, 28% from 3 and 77% from ft line, AI shoots 43% from the field, 32% from 3 and 78% from ft, AI beats him in 2 of the 3 cats so who's more efficient? Plus Wade has no accomplishment beside his name besides the title we wouldn't have gotten without Shaq. But awards mean nothing to you right, only efficiency which Wade lacks at the 3 or the freethrow line, which means all he has is his layups, which believe me if he told guys hes gonna gun for 50, he wouldn't drop 40.
    I'll take overall efficiency over a few shots from 3 anyday. Wade has the better fg% (which takes into count 3pters), better efg% and TS%. Wade is clearly more efficient.
    Kobe also is more efficient.

Besides the title Wade got with Shaq he's been "torched" year-in and year-out in his career so what does that say for him? Plus AI has had games where he's dropped 50 shooting over 70% and the game against LA 2 years ago he was 18-21 before the fourth quarter which he finished 21-27 for 51 points. Show me one game Wade has shot that well
    Show you one game? How about his whole ****ing career?
    How about when he destroyed my bulls single handedly in a double OT, unbelievable game. Or where he had the greatest finals performances ever.

Who told you Wade has one of the best mid-range jumpers in the league? He wouldn't even rank in the top 10, don't make up facts back them up with stats. Plus Wade is no where near a "dominant" scorer, he had one good year and you're all but ready to jump his gun
    Try his whole career. As for mid range. How about you actually watch him play. This season, his mid range shot has become one of the best.

Name one guy who's won a scoring title on any percentage that people don't consider a good scorer. As for the passing lanes, since when does 1.8spg amount to 2.4spg and if gambling at the passing lanes make you a terrible defender than I guess Chris Paul who leads the league in spg is a horrible defender and all of the people who voted him for defensive player of the year and all-defensive 1st team are a bunch of douche bags lol
    There's more to defense than gambling the passing lanes. Aside from gambling the passing lanes, chris paul and Dwyane Wade are also terrific on ball defenders. Same can't be said for Allen Iverson, who though leads in steals many season, never got all defensive team for some odd reason . Monta Ellis and Baron Davis are also good at predicting the passing lanes, yet suck hard defensively.
    As for scoring. Depends what you look at. I care more about a person who can score and do it EFFICIENTLY, then simply score. Maybe there's a reason why AI, has been largely unsuccessful his entire career. Maybe a reason Nuggets were better WITHOUT him.
    No, he isn't close to being as good a scorer, shooting the ball, playing the passing lanes and arguably being a better passer in terms of assists-to-turnover ratio for the past 7 seasons AI ousts Wade in all these categories. So before talking trash do some research buds.

Well seeing as actual efficiency stats like TS%, efg% and even fg% have Wade blowing AI out of the water, I'll take that over your flawed opinion.
    But it's ok, you can take AI, the cancer who now is lucky to get an mle from any team.
    I'm done arguing with you, cause you really have no idea what you are talking about. ANYONE, can score a high number of points. I'll take one who does it more efficiently any day. Which Wade does. Iverson? nope.

vCash
    Wade's efficiency is higher than Iverson's for these reasons:
    1). Obviously, his height has a lot to do with it. It shouldn't be held against Wade or for Iverson but it's a very legit reasoning.
    2). The fact that Wade had Shaq from '04-07. Shaq's attention gave Wade more room to operate due to a decrease in double or triple coverage for Wade.
    3). The '04 rule changes basically. Handchecking was totally gone, the defensive 3 second violation. The time when the league became the softest in history. Perimeter players could get in the lane easily. Touch fouls and a massive increase in FTA. Both Wade and AI benefitted from this. Wade more because he came into the league around that time and that bumps up his career efficiency.
    4. Iverson was the ONLY focal point of the defenses in Philly. It was basically give the ball to AI and clear the ***** out. The man got beat up, thrown around yet he still came back and put up a fight.

Regarding Wade's finals performance, it isn't rated that high in my eyes. Going to the FT line 350 times a game is not that impressive to me. I don't even consider it top 10 all time, to be honest. No need to bring up Hollinger's garbage rankings which pay heavy emphasis to the trash that is PER. Nobody from the '06 finals dominated other than Wade which is the reason his PER is so high. I'll take an example from the '91 and '93 finals. Jordan dominated and put up some insane stats but the reason his PER isn't greater than Wade's is due to the fact other stars played really well. Barkley, Pippen and Magic performed played at a really high level in that series. There was a huge deviation from Wade to any other player in '06 compared to Jordan and any other player in '91 and '93. For the record, I'll take these over Wade's:
    Shaq 2000, 2001, 2002
    Jordan 1991, 1992, 1993, 1997
    Tim Duncan 1999, 2003
    Larry Bird 1984
    Jerry West 1969
    Olajuwon 1994, 1995
    Magic 1987, 1988

As for the question, Iverson is a more talented scorer than Wade but Wade is better because he has a better shot selection. The quality of shots Iverson takes is pretty pathetic. Taking a fadeaway over a guy 9 inches taller than him, shooting over doubles is trademark Iverson which is why I'm not a huge fan. Not a fan of Wade either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AirJordan23 View Post
    Wade's efficiency is higher than Iverson's for these reasons:
    1). Obviously, his height has a lot to do with it. It shouldn't be held against Wade or for Iverson but it's a very legit reasoning.
    2). The fact that Wade had Shaq from '04-07. Shaq's attention gave Wade more room to operate due to a decrease in double or triple coverage for Wade.
    3). The '04 rule changes basically. Handchecking was totally gone, the defensive 3 second violation. The time when the league became the softest in history. Perimeter players could get in the lane easily. Touch fouls and a massive increase in FTA. Both Wade and AI benefitted from this. Wade more because he came into the league around that time and that bumps up his career efficiency.
    4. Iverson was the ONLY focal point of the defenses in Philly. It was basically give the ball to AI and clear the ***** out. The man got beat up, thrown around yet he still came back and put up a fight.

Regarding Wade's finals performance, it isn't rated that high in my eyes. Going to the FT line 350 times a game is not that impressive to me. I don't even consider it top 10 all time, to be honest. No need to bring up Hollinger's garbage rankings which pay heavy emphasis to the trash that is PER. Nobody from the '06 finals dominated other than Wade which is the reason his PER is so high. I'll take an example from the '91 and '93 finals. Jordan dominated and put up some insane stats but the reason his PER isn't greater than Wade's is due to the fact other stars played really well. Barkley, Pippen and Magic performed played at a really high level in that series. There was a huge deviation from Wade to any other player in '06 compared to Jordan and any other player in '91 and '93. For the record, I'll take these over Wade's:
    Shaq 2000, 2001, 2002
    Jordan 1991, 1992, 1993, 1997
    Tim Duncan 1999, 2003
    Larry Bird 1984
    Jerry West 1969
    Olajuwon 1994, 1995
    Magic 1987, 1988

As for the question, Iverson is a more talented scorer than Wade but Wade is better because he has a better shot selection. The quality of shots Iverson takes is pretty pathetic. Taking a fadeaway over a guy 9 inches taller than him, shooting over doubles is trademark Iverson which is why I'm not a huge fan. Not a fan of Wade either.
    Good post.
    Especially agree with bolded.
    However, while you mentioned Wade had the advantage of shaq, he also couldnt' score as much because of shaq and that doesn't account for this season where he scored like crazy and even though every team knew offense ran through only him, he had his past %'s highest ever in his career.

vCash
    Wade, and it's not close.

vCash
    Wade is the more efficient scorer, but Iverson is the more explosive offensive player.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

vCash
    Allen Iverson is 5th all time in regular season scoring average, and prior to this past season he was 3rd behind only MJ and Wilt.....

Allen Iverson is 2nd all time in playoff scoring average, behind only MJ.....

It's certainly easier for Dwyane Wade to score given the fact that he's got 4 inches and 50 pounds on AI, and they play the same position....

AI is the better scorer, although it's certainly not hands down. Wade does score more efficiently, but Allen Iverson scores more points.....period.

You can say all you want about how Wade takes better shots and what not, but the numbers don't lie. Who is the better scorer? Well, the only proof is in the numbers. And the numbers are in Allen Iverson's favor.

Philadelphia 76ers

"All the time us."

Thanks to JDink24 on the sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakersfan2483 View Post
    Wade is the more efficient scorer, but Iverson is the more explosive offensive player.
    How is that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pd7631 View Post
    Allen Iverson is 5th all time in regular season scoring average, and prior to this past season he was 3rd behind only MJ and Wilt.....

Allen Iverson is 2nd all time in playoff scoring average, behind only MJ.....

It's certainly easier for Dwyane Wade to score given the fact that he's got 4 inches and 50 pounds on AI, and they play the same position....

AI is the better scorer, although it's certainly not hands down. Wade does score more efficiently, but Allen Iverson scores more points.....period.

You can say all you want about how Wade takes better shots and what not, but the numbers don't lie. Who is the better scorer? Well, the only proof is in the numbers. And the numbers are in Allen Iverson's favor.
    well talking about numbers their per 36 min are pretty close. AI's durability has played a big part in his scoring average. Although AI is 2nd all-time in playoffs scoring avg, he was pretty inefficient (40.1 fg% ?? That's wack)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DQL View Post
    well talking about numbers their per 36 min are pretty close. AI's durability has played a big part in his scoring average. Although AI is 2nd all-time in playoffs scoring avg, he was pretty inefficient (40.1 fg% ?? That's wack)
    Well you are a Miami Heat fan, so I'm not surprised that you used a statistic)per 36 min) to make your guy look better. It's quite clear that you aren't really interested in seeking the opinions of anyone for Iverson, considering that you only took issue with my comments and not any of the arguments in favor of Wade.

If your gonna ask this question, then you, as the person that posed the question, need to sit back and listen to what others opinions are. If you just wanted to say that Wade is the better scorer(which I'm pretty sure is what you are trying to do), you should have just stated that opinion.

Allen Iverson scores more points.

Allen Iverson is the better scorer.

Philadelphia 76ers

"All the time us."

Thanks to JDink24 on the sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by klvanzu View Post
    How is that?
    Wade shoots a much better pct. from the field, takes better shots, gets to the line more, thus his efficiency is better. Both guys are volume shooters, but Iverson is more explosive in terms of scoring in bunches and if you study both guys in their primes, Iverson was more of a prolific scorer in terms of having 40 pt. or 50 pt. ball games. Iverson also has a higher scoring avg. per game. Don't get me wrong, Wade is an assasin, and is much more efficient, but when Iverson was in his prime, he was capable of having 5 or more consecutive ball games of 40 plus pts. He is one of the greatest scorers in league history. I have seen Wade have 40 point games, but not nearly as many as AI (Comparing the 2 in their primes). Iverson is the more explosive scorer.
    Last edited by Lakersfan2483; 07-12-2009 at 01:23 AM.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast