Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

2009-2010 Vancouver Canucks depth chart

Let's put some depth charts and line combinations together now that the pieces are falling into place. We will also add in any new signings that happen. If you really feel ambitious, you can put the lines together for the Manitoba Moose.

Here's a complete list of all players connected with the organization or headed for the Canucks training camp as of today:

* = rookie

FORWARDS

LEFT WING

Daniel Sedin
    Pavol Demitra
    Mason Raymond
    Darcy Hordichuk
    Sergei Shirokov*
    Alexandre Bolduc*
    Tanner Glass
    Pierre-Cedric Labrie*
    Ilya Kablukov*
    CENTRE

Henrik Sedin
    Cody Hodgson*
    Kyle Wellwood
    Ryan Johnson
    Mario Bliznak*
    Prab Rai*
    Patrick White*
    Jordan Schroeder*
    Matt Butcher*
    Mats Froshaug*
    Taylor Matson*
    RIGHT WING

Ryan Kesler
    Alexandre Burrows
    Mikael Samuelsson
    Steve Bernier
    Rick Rypien
    Jannik Hansen
    Michael Grabner*
    Dan Gendur*
    Eric Walsky*
    Matt Pope*
    D MEN

Willie Mitchell
    Sami Salo
    Kevin Bieksa
    Alexander Edler
    Shane O'Brien
    Aaron Rome
    Lawrence Nycholat
    Nolan Baumgartner
    Nathan McIver
    Daniel Rahimi*
    Taylor Ellington*
    Yann Sauve*
    Evan Oberg*
    Kris Fredheim*
    GOALIE

Roberto Luongo
    Andrew Raycroft
    Corey Schneider*
    Morgan Clark*

vCash
    i can't even guess the first line right now... still have no idea if it's going to be Burrows or Samuelsson. And trading Schneider will change everything up, since we'll be acquiring an impact player.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    kind of easy same linup from last year basically just put kesler in sundins spot then samuelson rw i guess demitra lw raymond wellwood bernier hordichuk, johnson , rypien then edler, mitchell, salo, bieska in the top 4 d spots obrien and rome/nycholat for the 6th d
    Cause Day N Nite...

vCash
    Well, fitting Samuelsson and Hodgson in is going to change all the line combos IMO.

Samuelsson played on the wing with the Sedins for Tre Kronor and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him up on the first line.

So, then, where does Burrows go?

Add in Hodgson, and we might have another dilemma. Is he a second line player?

vCash
    Dont really know if you can start seting up lines just yet but if things stayed basically the same as last years lines than you would just keep the first line, add Sammy in for Sundin on the second and put Hodgson in for Wellwood on the third (i dont think Wellwood wil be here next year). We probably wont have Pyatt back either and there is more than likely a trade in the works for a pucking moving dman or atleast another 5/6 guy. so based on what we have right now i think it would look like this.

Sedin.Sedin.Burrows
    Demitra.Kess.Sammy
    Raymond.Hodgson.Bernier
    Hordichuk.Johnson.Rypen
    Hansen.Grabner

Edler.Salo
    Mitchell.Bieksa
    OBrien.Rome
    Nycholat

Luongo
    Raycroft

i think f Burrows sticks on the top line that will decide where Sammy and Raymond end up. either could play with the second, Sammy could play on the first and that would probably be better for Hodgson as he could play with Burrows and Bernier.

vCash
    ^ Good lineup. I still think AV will juggle a lot, and Sammy will end up on the first line. We'll see a lot of looks IMO. And we may still pick up another forward now that we semi-know that Sundin isn't coming back.

On a rookie note, I'd like to see Schroeder give his college teammate Patrick White a kick in the ***.

We need the developing forwards to step up.