Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Updated Rotation for Team

1st line: A. Frolov-A. Kopitar-D. Brown
    2nd line: R. Smyth-J. Stoll-J. Williams
    3rd line: O. Moeller-M. Handzus-W. Simmonds
    4th line: T. Purcell-T. Lewis-K. Westgarth

*Potential Contributors: Brayden Schenn (C)

DP1: D. Doughty-R. Scuderi
    DP2: M. Greene-J. Johnson
    DP3: P. Harrold-S. O'Donnell

*Potential Contributors: T. Hickey, C. Teubert

G: Jonathan Quick, Erik Ersberg, Jonathan Bernier

A big-time, playmaking center is our biggest need; perhaps Brayden Schenn himself can fill this role within a year or two. Look for the Kings to not make any more major moves this off-season. They probably are thinking something along the lines of, "Why move Schenn or any other young talent for Lecavelier and his 8.9 mil annual salary unless you think he will make you a championship contender?"

The additions of Scuderi and Smyth were very valuable, upon closer introspect. They really had high-character and fill very specific roles. Scuderi can pair with Doughty and clean up the defensive end, while the young gun looks for his offense. Smyth will fill a needed LW slot and is a lock for 25-30 goals, along with top-notch defensive play. Look for this team to make the playoffs next year, and only get better in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by forum199 View Post
    1st line: A. Frolov-A. Kopitar-D. Brown
    2nd line: R. Smyth-J. Stoll-J. Williams
    3rd line: O. Moeller-M. Handzus-W. Simmonds
    4th line: T. Purcell-T. Lewis-K. Westgarth

*Potential Contributors: Brayden Schenn (C)

DP1: D. Doughty-R. Scuderi
    DP2: M. Greene-J. Johnson
    DP3: P. Harrold-S. O'Donnell

*Potential Contributors: T. Hickey, C. Teubert

G: Jonathan Quick, Erik Ersberg, Jonathan Bernier

A big-time, playmaking center is our biggest need; perhaps Brayden Schenn himself can fill this role within a year or two. Look for the Kings to not make any more major moves this off-season. They probably are thinking something along the lines of, "Why move Schenn or any other young talent for Lecavelier and his 8.9 mil annual salary unless you think he will make you a championship contender?"

The additions of Scuderi and Smyth were very valuable, upon closer introspect. They really had high-character and fill very specific roles. Scuderi can pair with Doughty and clean up the defensive end, while the young gun looks for his offense. Smyth will fill a needed LW slot and is a lock for 25-30 goals, along with top-notch defensive play. Look for this team to make the playoffs next year, and only get better in the future.
    you really think that smyth and kopi will not play on the same line???

in my head...

smyht-kopi-williams
    frolov-stoll-brown
    simmonds-zeus-purcell
    moller-lewis-??????

defensively the same line up

vCash
    The Kings needed to add a big name, highly talented forward. I also saw many reports stating Pronger was going to the Kings. Being a Pens fan, Scuderi is an underrated defenseman. But he is far from being the difference between a playoff team and a pretender. Smyth will hopefully get you guys 25 goals or more, but I still feel that lineup needs a big scorer and then could possibly be a 6-8 playoff seed. I dont think the team makes the lineup without such an addition

vCash
    Smyth and Scuderi were good pickups, but we are definitely lacking that elite scoring punch on the wings. We need Justin Williams to rebound and some of our young talent to step up big time (Trevor Lewis, Oscar Moeller, Brayden Schenn).

vCash
    I dont think lewis will make the lineup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooy04 View Post
    I dont think lewis will make the lineup.
    Ya, and I doubt Schenn does a whole lot too as a rookie. It really would have been nice to see what a sniper like Marian Hossa or Gaborik would do for this team. We're gonna be a high-character, good defensive team again, but lacking major scoring punch again. I pray that Justin Williams can somehow deliver 30 goals.

vCash
    1st line: Brown-Kopitar-Williams
    2nd line: Frolov-Stoll-Smyth
    3rd line: Moller-M. Handzus-W. Simmonds
    4th line: Purcell-Harrold-Ivanans
    DP1: Doughty-Scuderi
    DP2: Greene-Johnson
    DP3: Drewiske-O'Donnell

G: Jonathan Quick, Erik Ersberg

Thats what I think, they used harrold as a fourth line forward toward the end of the season. Schenn Might take a roster spot but unless he has a awesome training camp I dont see it happing.

vCash
    Completly off topic but can whoever is paired with Jack Johnson please change their name to Tom O'Leary.
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

vCash
    If the Kings could land a guy like Alex Tanguay for 1 year and 4.6 mil, I really would call the off-season solid.

If we walked away with Rob Scuderi, Ryan Smyth, and Alex Tanguay, while keeping Jack Johnson...well, things would be looking good in Kings land.

vCash
    $4.6 might be a little steep for a guy who has continued to decline in goals in points the past 4 years. But the Kings probably have lots of room under the cap that a move like this would not be detrimental. I liked Scuderi, but I do not think he should be on the first defensive line. He is a top 4 Dmen, not 1 or 2. The Kings are making great strides, but a guy like Scuderi is not going to make or break a team. Smyth will put up at least 25 goals though

vCash
    Kings are young and going in the right direction. Ersberg and Quick are both young but if they both get plenty of playing time this year this goaltending tandem could be great in the future. Smith was a great addition on offense and simmonds, kopitar, frolov, and brown are all young who will only get better. Not to mention doughty and johnson are also young and talented.

vCash

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Mooy04 View Post
    1st line: Brown-Kopitar-Williams
    2nd line: Frolov-Stoll-Smyth
    3rd line: Moller-M. Handzus-W. Simmonds
    4th line: Purcell-Harrold-Ivanans
    DP1: Doughty-Scuderi
    DP2: Greene-Johnson
    DP3: Drewiske-O'Donnell

G: Jonathan Quick, Erik Ersberg

Thats what I think, they used harrold as a fourth line forward toward the end of the season. Schenn Might take a roster spot but unless he has a awesome training camp I dont see it happing.

you do realize that you have 2 right wingers with kopi and 2 left wingers with stoll right? and purcell has a better chance at that 3rd line wing than moller does, even though i like moller a lot

vCash

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Pensx3 View Post
    The Kings needed to add a big name, highly talented forward. I also saw many reports stating Pronger was going to the Kings. Being a Pens fan, Scuderi is an underrated defenseman. But he is far from being the difference between a playoff team and a pretender. Smyth will hopefully get you guys 25 goals or more, but I still feel that lineup needs a big scorer and then could possibly be a 6-8 playoff seed. I dont think the team makes the lineup without such an addition
    what you don't realize is that the additions of williams and smyth will make anze kopitar that big time scorer we need! he's very talented but now that we have smyth to grind the boards, dig up loose pucks in the corner and stand in front of the net while kopi sets up williams all year. all will have points increased this season. you'll see... you'll all see hahahahahahahaha

im very excited about this year. quite a few teams got better.