Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Lars Anderson v. Jesus Montero

Best RS prospect (arguably) v. best Yankee prospect (arguably).

1B Lars Anderson (Red Sox)

2008 (Age-20): Hi-A + AA: .317 / .417 / .517 / .934 18 HR 80 RBI in 439 AB's
    2009 (Age-21): AA: .262 / .357 / .408 / .765 8 HR 39 RBI in 267 AB's

C Jesus Montero (Yankees)

2008 (Age-18): Low-A: .326 / .376 / .491 / .867 17 HR 87 RBI in 525 AB's
    2009 (Age-19): Hi-A + AA: .347 / .404 / .574 / .978 13 HR 52 RBI in 265 AB's
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Assuming Montero can stick at catcher, (I have doubts), he should have a slight edge as it's harder to find a great hitting catcher.

vCash
    Montero is having the better season this year, but if Lar hadnt struggled so much in April and May it wouldve been him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sportfan6197 View Post
    Montero is having the better season this year, but if Lar hadnt struggled so much in April and May it wouldve been him
    Why is that? Montero had better numbers than Anderson in June too.

vCash
    He did not struggle that much in April. It was mostly May where he was terrible and reportedly was dealing with a back injury

vCash
    i meant this season as a whole not just april

vCash
    i meant this season as a whole not just april
    You can't just admit The Jesus is better? You have to say that of course. If you had to choose Jesus or Lars in your system you'd choose Jesus in a heartbeat. I can just tell.

vCash
    all things considered equal probably montero cause he's a catcher.
    BRAIN TRUST
    johnnylee722 | MetsFan19 | dwright3b5 | jetsfan89 | Twinke Masta | ritz | MrSexy | jetsfan28

Charlotte Convicts MLB Re-Draft Clubhouse

Creed: So hey, I want to set you up with my daughter.
    Jim: Oh, I'm engaged to Pam.
    Creed: I thought you were gay.
    Jim: Then why would you want to set me up with your daughter?
    Creed: I don't know.

vCash
    Well from what I have heard Montero can't play defense at all while Lars is average defensively. Unfortunately we can't get anyt decent defensive statistics to back this up. If this is the case I would rather have Lars as Montero is projected more as a DH from what I have heard

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    Well from what I have heard Montero can't play defense at all while Lars is average defensively. Unfortunately we can't get anyt decent defensive statistics to back this up. If this is the case I would rather have Lars as Montero is projected more as a DH from what I have heard
    We have Sean Smith's TotalZone ratings, which over the past two seasons have Lars Anderson as being worth -20 runs in the field. That's obviously brutal and would suggest that the move to DH may be in his future.
    Loose seal. Watch out for loose seal.

I don't care about Lucille. She lies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zzConflict View Post
    We have Sean Smith's TotalZone ratings, which over the past two seasons have Lars Anderson as being worth -20 runs in the field. That's obviously brutal and would suggest that the move to DH may be in his future.
    I don't know how reliable that is but if that's the case than Montero wins. He is clearly the better offensive player at this point. The only reason I would rather have Lars is if the scouting reports I have seen were true which said he was an average defensive player while Montero was a future DH

vCash
    Montero looks unbelievable. If he's able to keep these past couple years going, then yeah, he's the better prospect.

vCash
    Montero is a superb professional hitter. He's going to be a Victor Martinez type DH guy. I like his ability at the plate over Lars Anderson. Not knocking Lars in any case, but Montero is the better prospect. I'm not upset having Anderson one moment though.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    it really depends. Lars had better numbers in 08 at higher levels than montero in 08. Then again montero is younger

I dunno I like Lars and so far he has had much better obp ability or more plate discipline

both are good, but there is no way montero stays at C

its close anderson has been better or just as good every year except this year, and their OPS are not too far off, if you take away anderson's struggles but that is part of the growing process i guess
    Last edited by papipapsmanny; 07-23-2009 at 09:38 PM.
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    it really depends. Lars had better numbers in 08 at higher levels than montero in 08. Then again montero is younger

I dunno I like Lars and so far he has had much better obp ability or more plate discipline

both are good, but there is no way montero stays at C

its close anderson has been better or just as good every year except this year, and their OPS are not too far off, if you take away anderson's struggles but that is part of the growing process i guess
    Well if you take away A-Rod's struggles he would be hitting .600 this year. That statement is pointless.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast