Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 53
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    bought my first house, son!!!
    Posts
    10,763
    vCash
    1500

    Derozan! something tells me BC got it right

    get up out yo seat!!!! this ain't no gerald green.. DD's spent time at a major college program.. once the shot comes, LOOK OUT!!!


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYc_6aiq-Ao

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    toronto....REX
    Posts
    4,514
    vCash
    1500
    i love his windmills and that between the leg dunk...that our highlight every night

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Mediocrity
    Posts
    20,325
    vCash
    1500
    he doesnt seem to have the quickness in the air that carter had - not many humans do. I am also not sure if he is creative enough in the air to win against LeBron.
    Raptors count-up to 36 wins: 34 - 48 || #TankForWiggins
    http://blogasvalanciunas.tumblr.com
    Hey Cashman, fire Girardi and then yourself!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,463
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DaoudS View Post
    he doesnt seem to have the quickness in the air that carter had - not many humans do. I am also not sure if he is creative enough in the air to win against LeBron.
    I agree Vince was on another level in terms of athletic ability but Lebron is not really creative when he dunks. I see him do the same dunk every time.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    bought my first house, son!!!
    Posts
    10,763
    vCash
    1500
    lebron's all power.. derozan's the VC/LBJ lovechild...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,956
    vCash
    1500
    that is one SMOOTH windmill... maybe not as smooth as VCs... but that is a lot smoother than most NBAers

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,492
    vCash
    1500
    no way near the hangtime as vince

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    564
    vCash
    1500
    derozan is only 19 (he has time to improve his jumper, passing...hell he has a 2-year window to grow physically...look at lebron and bosh when they entered the league and look at them now, physically speaking)

    he has opportunity to grow with a in all likelihood, a vacant SG starting role.

    he has the right attitude (using his twitter, interviews, and blogs) toward the organization and city...which says something, he must have really bought in to BC's philosophy, from being reluctant to fly in for a workout to tweeting "T Dot is the place to be."

    as for the vc comparisons, one thing i say this derozan kid will bring that vc lacked is toughness and grit (lol he is from compton)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pickering
    Posts
    9,955
    vCash
    1500
    he will def be a franchise player in the future

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The BIG T-Dot
    Posts
    959
    vCash
    1500
    wow is he ever a good dunker

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,105
    vCash
    1500
    This kills me...lol...everyone overestimates LBJ's dunk style...it's BASIC!!!!! He does the same dunk all the time...he only has hangtime and power....DeRozan will too...PLUS his variety...don't forget that he's asking the public to give him more dunks to do...so, you can imagine Toronto has 2 years to help add more dunks to his arsenal, trus' me....especially if he gets 1or 2 or 3 from the public that he really likes...maybe one we haven't seen before. I'ma stay tuned.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,342
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by uncleben989 View Post
    derozan is only 19 (he has time to improve his jumper, passing...hell he has a 2-year window to grow physically...look at lebron and bosh when they entered the league and look at them now, physically speaking)

    he has opportunity to grow with a in all likelihood, a vacant SG starting role.

    he has the right attitude (using his twitter, interviews, and blogs) toward the organization and city...which says something, he must have really bought in to BC's philosophy, from being reluctant to fly in for a workout to tweeting "T Dot is the place to be."

    as for the vc comparisons, one thing i say this derozan kid will bring that vc lacked is toughness and grit (lol he is from compton)

    LBJ came into the league built like a man.
    he's not that much bigger now
    Chris Spielman #54



    If at 1st you don't suceed
    give up you're a born loser!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,767
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by B2theRY View Post
    LBJ came into the league built like a man.
    he's not that much bigger now
    You're wrong there LBJ has nearly doubled his size since his rookie season he was what 220 when he came out of high school? Yes that is big but no where near what he is now at 250+ Look at this pics and compare very big difference.

    Lebron Rookie Season:
    http://media.collegepublisher.com/me...8e7f0-12-2.jpg
    http://themetation.com/demo/magazine...me-posters.jpg
    Lebron James Now:
    http://www.individualsole.com/wp-con...-2009-east.jpg

    That's a huge gain in muscle IMO. DeRozan can put on a lot of muscle even this summer if he works hard.
    "The way they play offense here is difficult for any quarterback," he said. "Every snap is an incredible decision. They're in a one-back offense, they can't run the ball against certain looks so they have to audible to some kind of a pass or a creative run to get away from trouble.
    "There's never a play in the game where Stafford can just turn around, hand the ball off and catch his breath. Every play he's researching the defense and they throw as much as anyone."


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,724
    vCash
    1500
    Dunking isn't basketball. They don't just get out of the way for you. I hope there is more to be excited about than what he does against no defense in practice or against weak competition. Being a highlight reel is great as long as he also brings some consistency. It is way too early to be judging this year's draft class. DD might have the most upside of any player in this year's draft, but only time will tell if that potential becomes a realization.

    It's impossible to judge NBA game by high school and college performance. Some of the best collegiate players ever had no NBA career, and some, like Michael Jordan, were cut from high school teams. Give DD three years and then we will know what he's got.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,767
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DCSportsIsPain View Post
    Dunking isn't basketball. They don't just get out of the way for you. I hope there is more to be excited about than what he does against no defense in practice or against weak competition. Being a highlight reel is great as long as he also brings some consistency. It is way too early to be judging this year's draft class. DD might have the most upside of any player in this year's draft, but only time will tell if that potential becomes a realization.

    It's impossible to judge NBA game by high school and college performance. Some of the best collegiate players ever had no NBA career, and some, like Michael Jordan, were cut from high school teams. Give DD three years and then we will know what he's got.

    As long as he can get his 3% from 19% to 30% this year he should be good I know that's a ****ing lot to ask for but with that done he could be pretty huge.
    "The way they play offense here is difficult for any quarterback," he said. "Every snap is an incredible decision. They're in a one-back offense, they can't run the ball against certain looks so they have to audible to some kind of a pass or a creative run to get away from trouble.
    "There's never a play in the game where Stafford can just turn around, hand the ball off and catch his breath. Every play he's researching the defense and they throw as much as anyone."


Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •