Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hawk Watch

vCash
    Damn, kinda jumping the gun a little don't we think?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Damn, kinda jumping the gun a little don't we think?
    Your negativism doesn't faze me!

vCash
    Both of these players are overrated...i'll state that right now.

We will see what happens, regardless of the outcome I hope one thing happens for sure...Dale Tallon getting kicked to the curb.

vCash
    Yes both are for sure

But Barker especially because he is only 23 and defenseman with his potential are hard to come by. A 5 year contract could prove to be a great investment

vCash
    Just go into the Blackhawks forum and you will see what I think about Barker.

He will never be better than a #4 defenseman but he is a good PP QB.

He is just way too slow and turns the puck over way too much in his own zone. At this point in his career I do not see him improving his foot work enough to be a #1, 2 or eve 3 d-man on a team...unless that team really blows.

vCash
    I disagree, but of course I'm going on word of mouth.

But also all we need is a PP QB really, the rest of our D is fine

vCash
    Trust me, watch the guy play 5 on 5 for a whole game and you will realize that you should play him 5 minutes a game 5 on 5 and then only on the Powerplay otherwise.

vCash
    you guys got about 20 mill to sign kane, toews, keith, madden, ladd, next year
    and right now you guys got 7 mill to sign 7 players so you could easily lose some of those guys, you might be scrwed next year if a team with money like toronto takes a run at toews and kane you might hav to pay them upwards of 8 mill and duncan keith is an rfa 2
    Cause Day N Nite...

vCash
    Yes I realize all that...

I don't see us resigning Madden or Ladd at a premium price though, we might not resign Madden at all.

I also don't see us or any team paying Toews or Kane upwards of 8 million at all.

vCash
    Honestly never liked verstee, I think he will be a bust sooner or later. Barker is a good young d-man, but do we really want to commit our remaining cap space on him?? I'd be happy either way if we got him or not. And way to go Chicago sign Hossa, mayber no one in your city saw him in the playoffs???? He stunk! While Havlat was instrumental for you guys. I don't understand how you could have resigned havlat and bulin for the same price as no show Hossa?

vCash

NHLPA files grievance against the Blackhawks

NHLPA has filed a grievance. Versteeg and Barker could become ufa's, pending a hearing. log on to www.tsn.ca
    http://twitter.com/DarrenDreger

vCash
    The Chicago Blackhawks have responded very quickly to a grievance filed by the NHL Player's Association of mishandling their qualifying offers to restricted free-agents by signing defenceman Cam Barker to a three-year, $9.25 million contract extension.

Barker was one of five players whose qualifying offers from the Hawks reportedly were mailed but didn't arrive on time. Had Barker not agreed to a deal, and the grievance had gone through, he could have potentially become an unrestricted free-agent.

23-year old Barker had six goals and 34 assists in 60 games for Chicago last season and added three goals and six assists during the Blackhawks' playoff run.

The Winnipeg native was originally selected third overall by the Blackhawks in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft.
    http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283914
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Barker off the table.. LOOK AT KABERLE!!!!!
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Reports are saying Versteeg has been signed to a very similar contract to Barker's.

I told you that you were jumping the gun with this thread!

vCash
    Either way I'm happy. Because a similar contract means good luck resigning Kane and Toews

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast