Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Do you think Sundin will return???

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

1 33.33%
  • no

2 66.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Look at it this way/ Sundin return

As sfgiants was saying in Gllis we trust

I'm pretty sure Gillis won't stop now obviously, he's just resigning are players then he'll make his move's

Do we want to give hossa a 12 year contract or gaborik 5 years not really, havlat for 6 these could easily turn into bust, but again they could turn into really good deals, maybe gillis has learnt a lesson not to take risky chances ie. sundin last year making 5 mill for half a season i think will make some smart moves like last year ex. demitra, wellwood, bernier, obrien

I heard on the radio that sundin had signed with vancouver

I doubt gillis won't screw up, we got people we can trade and picks if we want to, theirs still a possible sundin return, im pretty sure we'll make a trade if luongo re-signs which its sounding like he will, its looking like heatly's not going to edmonton

Burrows will be playing with the sedins for a full season he had 26 points in 27 games and 15 goals which is .55 gpg which ment if he played a full season he would be on pace for 45 goals

kesler had 34 points in 32 games and 16 goals if he does play with sundin and demitra for a full season he would be on pace for almost 40 goals

so if we get sundin back which to me it kind of sound slike it and gillis said that if he does decide to comeback that they would negotiate a contract

if everything goes back he could have 2 40 goal 2 solid ppg lines

in an radio interview with team 1040 he discusses a sundin return he also pretty much said that they'll wait till the restricted fa to make some moves and if they can't do that they will be making some trades and prob will anyway check it out it made me feel a lot more trustworthy and confident in the canucks and gillis

heres the link: http://www.team1040.ca/news/story/?id=2179

In Gillis We Trust
    Cause Day N Nite...

vCash
    Hmmm. I'm lukewarm about a Sundin return. I know Gillis liked him but I was really disappointed with Mats' fitness level and mobility. Can he play a whole season?

There are lots of good things about him, namely size and veteran savvy, but if he can't play he can't play. Let's hope he signs for a very good price.

vCash
    i think he would be far better conditoned then before cause he's not coming in as a 39 year old in the middle of the season with 2 weeks training, if he does come back im sure the canucks well condition him well and his chemistry with demitra and kesler will be even better, im hoping we do this cause dunno who else to put with kesler and demitra
    Cause Day N Nite...

vCash
    Problem is, we can't lull ourselves into believing that we're upgrading. This is the lineup that got eliminated last year.

It's easy to deceive yourself when we're waiting for any kind of signing ...

vCash
    yea but we got schiender,raymond and we could throw in a pick for a trade depending on how much sundin would want we could bring kaberle or sign beauchimen
    Cause Day N Nite...

vCash
    I think it's a great idea to bring back mats.

Our top 2 lines should be good this year. A full season of Sedin-Sedin-Burrows and Pavol-Sundin-Kesler should be very beneficial for this team. I believe that Burrows needs the Sedins as much as Kesler may need Sundin.

These 2 lines were incredibly in synch last year and a full year of those 2 lines could be awesome.

then we trade some pieces for our puck moving Dman...
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Sundin came in at a very difficult time last year, he was 39 and hadn't played at the NHL level for, what...9 months? He wasn't properly conditioned prior to hitting the ice, and it took a long time for him to find his touch. As I recall, he got better as the playoffs went on, so who knows how much he'll actually be able to contribute with proper off-season conditioning, and then training camp / pre-season etc. And he knows his teammates a little better as well, so that'll be beneficial with team chemistry. I like Mats, hope he takes one more shot at it. Plus, his signing would give the Canucks two very good lines, then if they sign Wellwood, our third line will be good again as well. Think they'll do anything with Hordichuk? I guess him and Rome will duke it out for a spot on the 4th line? Gillis is taking his time, but he'll do a great job with whatever moves he makes.

vCash
    I don't like it much. According to this article in the Province, he won't be deciding until the end of July.

It's more status quo when we need upgrades.

vCash
    My bad, made an error, Rome is a d-man, but still wondering if we'll keep Hordy

vCash
    i guess the new signing rules out sundin...
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    i guess the new signing rules out sundin...
    I think that's for the better. We don't need that waiting around for him to decide again.

Thanks Mats for a great season last year!! Best of luck wherever you end up!

vCash
    you can still bring back Sundin, Sammy is not a lock to play on the top 2 lines. if he comes back at a cheaper cap hit than last year, you do it. he may not be what he used to be but all that exp and leadership is hard to find. look what he did for Keslers game and confidence, imagine he would rub off on Hodgson as well. also gives you more depth so you can trade the raymonds, hansens, welwoods, berniers for more depth at D. we need a puck moving dman, signing Mats will allow us to do that IMO.

vCash
    yea really still want him back sameullson is insurance like i said kesler had 34 points in 32 games and 16 goals which he would be on pace for 40 goals like to see him sign for 3mill i think if we could aquire kaberle and get sundin we could be strong cup contenders
    Cause Day N Nite...

vCash
    i think Burke will rape us badly for Kaberle cause he hates the nucks but if we could get him and Sundin resigns than yes you are right we would have a great shot at the cup.

vCash
    Personally I don't want Kaberle. And I don't like the idea of sending our players to Burke ... although he's the one who drafted or signed a bunch of them ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast