Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crabtree

Crabtree

just for the sake of discussion, ESPN is saying crabtree is not afraid to sit out the entire season and put his name in next years draft again if he doesnt get paid accordingly.

im not an idiot and i know BP, Sparano, and Ireland will not even think nor discuss doing this but i like crabtree and we could use a receiver so i was wondering who else would be on board if we traded for him.

maybe we do something like

Matt Roth
    Brandon London
    Camarillio
    2nd RD Draft Pick
    5th RD Draft Pick

Only person I dont like giving up is Cam cuz i like him alot and the quarterbacks seem to too, but i like crabtree enough to deal with it. what do you all think

Thumbs down

this isnt madden. im pretty sure that a first rounder will need to be in the deal. and the deal you mentioned is just awful. also hes not getting traded so theres no point to this

That's way too much to give up.
    “Those who hate most fervently must have once loved deeply; those who want to deny the world must have once embraced what they now set on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Testino23 View Post
    just for the sake of discussion, ESPN is saying crabtree is not afraid to sit out the entire season and put his name in next years draft again if he doesnt get paid accordingly.

im not an idiot and i know BP, Sparano, and Ireland will not even think nor discuss doing this but i like crabtree and we could use a receiver so i was wondering who else would be on board if we traded for him.

maybe we do something like

Matt Roth
    Brandon London
    Camarillio
    2nd RD Draft Pick
    5th RD Draft Pick

Only person I dont like giving up is Cam cuz i like him alot and the quarterbacks seem to too, but i like crabtree enough to deal with it. what do you all think
    the reason why the trifecta wouldnt consider this is because the guy is already turning into a cancer. If he was as talented as he thinks he is he would sign for a percentage over what the number 10 pick signed for last year and make up the money in his next contract. we cant pay a wr 10 mil a year on this team and expect turner,cam and bess to play for peanuts. It causes trouble in the locker room and will not work.

Your essentially talking about giving up 5 players for 1. The fins would never give that many players up for 1 guy who is a rookie for one, and unproven in the NFL.

1st rd. + 5th rd. pick & Camirillio or Bess ...

He's a punk. Why mess with chemistry??

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mind View Post
    1st rd. + 5th rd. pick & Camirillio or Bess ...
    just not worth it. Bess is a stud and if he started i think would easily have 70-80 catches this year. Crabtree could never be anything. Way too big a risk. Im actually starting to like the receivers we have. The pats won 3 super bowls with a bunch of average guys who played hard and lost a super bowl with two pro bowl wideouts. I like our guys.

I would do it but there is no way they wont want our 1st rd pick......and prob one of our DB's to!!!!!

I would do this YB, 2010 1st, ....somthing like that!!! but IM SURE THERE ARE TEAMS THAT COULD GIVE UP A BETTER DEAL.....like the BROWNS or Denver!!

Quote Originally Posted by MDfootball36 View Post
    this isnt madden. im pretty sure that a first rounder will need to be in the deal. and the deal you mentioned is just awful. also hes not getting traded so theres no point to this
    understandable that a 1st RDer may be needed...but if the kid is prepared to sit out the entire year and just re-enter his name, that means SF gets absolutely NOTHING. therefore, i think id rather take a teams best offer and get something for him then just waste the 10th pick of the draft and get nothing. Singletary loves hard workers. Roth is a hard worker, Cam is a hard worker, and London is somewhat of a throw-in but has good potential I guess and is a WR, something the 49ers lack. plus the 2nd and 5th RDers. if we were to trade away some picks, the trifecta would most likely make smart moves to get them back.

Quote Originally Posted by J$mo0th_3o5 View Post
    That's way too much to give up.
    i dont think so, just my opinion.

Roth, solid player but with J Porter on 1 side, and JT and Cameron Wake on the other, Id rather have those 2 alternate instead of alternating all 3.

Camarilio, i said i would miss him because I like what he does, but Crabtree has potential out the A.

London, most likely will not even play if he makes the team. Thus far it seems like Ginn, Cam, Bess, Turner, Hartline are all ahead of him, and maybe Anthony Armstrong and Wilford are battling with him for the next spot on the depth, pending they call Wilford a WR or TE or w/e.

2nd/5th RDers. Dont like to give up picks, maybe we wouldnt even have to give up that much, Singletary may take anything in return just so hes not leaving empty handed if Crabtree does decide to sit the entire year.

The trade values don't add up, we'd be giving up wayyy too much

He's still unproven. Could be the next Mike Williams.

you guys are missing the point. yes we could afford to give up the guys mentioned but he is asking for top 3 pick money. You wanna pay an unproven prima donna receiver 10 mil + a year?

quality > quantity
    "Joe Montana was a product of a system, Dan Marino was a system" -- Bill Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by fishfan79 View Post
    quality > quantity
    the trade in question has us giving up our second rounder, 5th rounder, two starters, and a talented receiver that may turn into sumthing.

That second rounder in there would be horrible to give up, cuz you might as well just say Sean Smith instead, cuz thats the kind of player we'd be giving up. Does it still seem all that worth it for a guy that hasn't even stepped on a field yet?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast