Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FA News

vCash
    I am not sure. Will look when I have time. I know he had like 2 goals once in a game.
    Props to pheagles 10 and phins1983

vCash
    We signed Jeff Taffe!

The Panthers signed unrestricted free agent center Jeff Taffe to a two-year deal today.

Taffe, the Blues' first round pick (30th overall) in the 2000 draft, has played parts of six seasons in the NHL.

The 28-year-old Minnesota native played eight games with the Penguins last season and had two assists. He played 45 games with Pittsburgh the season before, getting five goals and seven assists.

He has 20 goals and 20 assists in 153 career NHL games with the Coyotes, Rangers and Penguins. Taffe's best season came in 2003-04 with the Coyotes when he had eight goals and 10 assists in 59 games -- all career highs.

Like newly signed Panthers' defenseman Jordan Leopold, Taffe was teammates with Panthers' defenseman Keith Ballard at the University of Minnesota.
    http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...ffe-signs.html

vCash
    I feel like the Panthers keep bringing in semi-young, mediocre guys and somehow expect to improve.

Time to open up the checkbook and bring in someone who's actually wanted on other teams.

vCash
    This team really needs to bring in a name, not just for the added fact that we can actually have someone to rely on to score some goals, but to also fill the seats and bring some attention to the Panthers. When Florida travels to a place like Chicago, do you get the feeling, after the Panthers lineup is announced, half the crowd goes "Who?". We have NO high profile palyers (Vokoun is our highest now that J-bo is gone)!

Im all for a guy like Koivu, Tangauy, Bertiuzzi, etc... Someone that is a proven scorer who can keep us form those horrible horrible 40 shot shutouts/1 goal games. I can't stand and watch us outshoot someone 45-20 and lose 2-1.
    One day, I will own a new NFL team, and to it I will sign:

QB: Michael Vick, RB: Ricky Williams, RB: Lendale White, WR: Terrel Owens, WR: Chad Johnson, WR: Plaxico Burress, WR: Chris Henry, TE: Jeremy Shockey, LB Ray Lewis, CB Deangelo Hall, CB Pacman Jones, DT Tank Johnson, and fill the holes with Bengles and Raiders.

Noone will #$@! with us, or we'll send our new offensive cooridnator Rae Carruth their way...

vCash
    Agreed, but it just won't happen

vCash
    Boynton to Anaheim.

Peltonen likely to go to Europe.

We may have intrest in Tanguay

vCash
    The Panthers added a forward prospect today, signing right winger Graham Mink to a two-year contract.

Mink, 30, has played in seven career NHL games -- all with the Capitals. In 68 games with their AHL affiliate, Hershey (Pa.), last season, he totaled 32 goals and 59 points. The Stowe, Vermont native had seven goals and eight assists in the playoffs as Hershey won the Calder Cup.

“Graham, a two-time Calder Cup champion, has experienced tremendous success on the AHL level and also understands what it takes to compete on the National Hockey League level,” Panthers' assistant general manager Randy Sexton said in a statement released by the team.
    http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...er-winger.html

30 year old prospect. We are such a bad franchise, Sexton is garbage and we can't sign anybody with more than 10 games of NHL experience.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fins08 View Post
    Boynton to Anaheim.

Peltonen likely to go to Europe.

We may have intrest in Tanguay
    Thank god we didn't re-sign that useless piece of **** that Boyton is . I'm glad that we stayed out of the free agency overpayments , hopefully we can take advantage next season with the cap decrease of those teams who kept on speding money and need to get rid of good players to fit under the salary cap (I envy Atlanta for getting Kubina at that price , he would have made the best replacement for ..erm you know who)
    I'm pretty sad we lost Craig, he was a great player for us but he needs to pursue his career in a place where he can become the starter. Good luck to him in Colorado. Clemmensen is nothing special IMO, I'm glad we signed him (he learned from the best in the business) but let's face it , he was more of a system product.

Tanguay would be good , the guy is underrated but I hope he passes a physical first and they make sure he's not going to have another injury prone season.

vCash
    Weclome. Maybe we should bring up Kulikov
    I want Tanguay, just not the injuy obviously, and yes, I agree, Craig Anderson will be a tough loss, but Clemmentine I think will be a decent replacement

vCash
    A pair of former Panthers, winger Anthony Stewart and defenseman Noah Welch, signed with the Thrashers today.

The Panthers chose not to tender Stewart a qualifying offer as a restricted free agent this summer. They traded Welch to Tampa Bay at the trade deadline last season.

Both have the potential to develop into solid players. It should be interesting to see how much playing time they'll get with their new teams.
    Still intrest in Tanguay

vCash
    Drew Larman, Another Former Panther Now....Signed With Boston.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fins08 View Post
    Weclome. Maybe we should bring up Kulikov
    I want Tanguay, just not the injuy obviously, and yes, I agree, Craig Anderson will be a tough loss, but Clemmentine I think will be a decent replacement
    Thank you , good to be around
    He's one of the most NHL ready prospects from this draft . He obviously has the skill and he doesn't shy away physically . If he works hard this summer , it's possible for him to land a spot in the training camp .

vCash
    It would have been better for the Panthers to have finished in the bottom 5 or 10 teams and not in the top 10 or so teams. The team is clearly not good enough for a deep playoff run, at best they will make the 7th or 8th seed in the east. They would almost certainly be eliminated by the top 5 or 6 teams in the east. They needed a big name scorer and seem to accept another subpar season. I was in Miami for spring break and saw the Penguins the Panthers. It was pretty sad to see the turn out at the game and I imagine teams sell more tickets when a team like the Penguins are in town. I was surprised to see that the Panther's cap number is around $52 million; I would have guessed $45 million with lack of big name players there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewJames1222 View Post
    Drew Larman, Another Former Panther Now....Signed With Boston.
    who
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulikov Rules View Post
    Thank you , good to be around
    He's one of the most NHL ready prospects from this draft . He obviously has the skill and he doesn't shy away physically . If he works hard this summer , it's possible for him to land a spot in the training camp .
    I hope he does
    Quote Originally Posted by Pensx3 View Post
    It would have been better for the Panthers to have finished in the bottom 5 or 10 teams and not in the top 10 or so teams. The team is clearly not good enough for a deep playoff run, at best they will make the 7th or 8th seed in the east. They would almost certainly be eliminated by the top 5 or 6 teams in the east. They needed a big name scorer and seem to accept another subpar season. I was in Miami for spring break and saw the Penguins the Panthers. It was pretty sad to see the turn out at the game and I imagine teams sell more tickets when a team like the Penguins are in town. I was surprised to see that the Panther's cap number is around $52 million; I would have guessed $45 million with lack of big name players there.
    I'd be happy just making the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pensx3 View Post
    That's pretty ignorant considering it comes from a Pens fan . Pens played like a rock bottom team mid-season and they were able to turn it around with a healthy Gonchar and a new coach. The Panthers were playing very well last season for the first time in I don't know how many years , we were happy just to see them winning and aiming the playoffs..it was an incredible run. Yeah,we lost Jay-Bo and arguably we are worse than we were last season but I'm pretty confident in Kulikov,Leopold,Reinprecht they are good character guys who can still improve our team . If we can get Tanguay I think we are definite a contender for a playoff spot , not to mention our young guys who are now more experienced and hopefully better. So don't write us off like the rest of the league did with the Pens last season.
    And I'm happy with Kulikov..this guy has top 10 talent..he was picked at 14 because he's a RUSSIAN !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast