Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FA News

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pensx3 View Post
    It would have been better for the Panthers to have finished in the bottom 5 or 10 teams and not in the top 10 or so teams. The team is clearly not good enough for a deep playoff run, at best they will make the 7th or 8th seed in the east. They would almost certainly be eliminated by the top 5 or 6 teams in the east. They needed a big name scorer and seem to accept another subpar season. I was in Miami for spring break and saw the Penguins the Panthers. It was pretty sad to see the turn out at the game and I imagine teams sell more tickets when a team like the Penguins are in town. I was surprised to see that the Panther's cap number is around $52 million; I would have guessed $45 million with lack of big name players there.
    Funny cause the Panthers managed to fair well against most of the East teams, including the Penguins. In fact I'm almost certain the Panthers won their series against the champs. I gotta give it to you though, I do wish we had Malkin here... But you can keep Crosby and his cheap shots

vCash
    The Panthers, who'll open the 2009-10 season in Helsinki, added another Finnish connection today, signing free agent center Jamie Johnson to a one-year contract.

Unlike defenseman Ville Koistinen, Johnson is not Finnish. However, the 27-year-old -- with no NHL experience -- played for TPS Turku of the Finnish Elite League last season, tying for first on the team with 20 assists and third with 28 points in 42 games.

Before playing in Finland, he was with Albany of the AHL, where he led the River Rats with 58 points (21 goals) in 79 games. His addition will give the Panthers more depth at AHL Rochester.

Soooooooooooo........what about any other potential signings, say Alex Tanguay?

Not talking about Tanguay, assistant GM Randy Sexton noted today: "We're being selective to be sure we find the player to fill the right need at the right price. We like the chemistry of our team so we have to be sensitive to that. ...We also want to provide a spot for some our younger players. So kids like [Shawn] Matthias and [Keaton] Ellerby and [Jason] Garrison and [Dmitry] Kulikov are going to have a chance and we don't to preclude them that opportunity if filling it in with a veteran at this stage."

How much money is available for the Panthers to spend?

"We want to be prudent. ...but there's dollars available if we need them. We just want to make sure we're spending wisely."

***In other team news, Jason MacDonald was named an assistant equipment manager. MacDonald spent the past three seasons as head equipment manager of the Florida Everblades, the Panthers' ECHL affiliate.
    NO NHL Playing time!
    Props to pheagles 10 and phins1983

vCash
    Good for AHL I guess. LOL fins08 , you have a lot of favourite teams , are you watching all of them on a regular basis?
    And if anybody on here could make me a Panthers signature (doesn't matter the player , the logo and the uniform are important) I would appreciate it.

vCash
    You need 100 posts to get a sig, I can link you to a good sig guy. I like a lot o teams. Some on a daily basis

vCash
    Thank you, I will post and wait then

Eklund reported that we signed Tanguay (classified it as a E5 if I'm not mistaken) . What happened ?

vCash
    False repot

Nothing new so far regarding Alex Tanguay.

But today former Panthers' defenseman Cory Murphy signed a two-way contract with the Devils. Murphy started last season with the Panthers, then claimed by the Lightning on re-entry waivers in January.
    http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...th-devils.html

Just interesting

vCash
    Ughhhh, just when I'm starting to get frustrated with the heat not being able to make moves, I come over to check up on my Panthers news, and nothing... haha. Eklund, the jerk or all jerks when it come to rumors, has done it again. I remember seeing that e5 with the panthers and Tanguay, but alas, nothing. Hopefully it's true though, and it's just in the works... ::fingers and toes crossed!:: hahaha.

ps, Fins, as you can see, I recently surpassed that 100th post, and am considering getting a sig done, and up. How do i go about that? Sorry, I'm a noob :X. haha. Thanks in advance!

vCash
    Hey, I will pm you with a link to a sig dude...

Anyways, it is frustrating

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fins08 View Post

Thanks a lot bro, i really appreciate it! I need something to keep myself occupied with, seeing as how Tanguay isn't tanning on Sobe yet!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fins08 View Post

Thanks for the hookup man! WHat do you think of my first sig? haha.

vCash
    Moving along, what the heck are the panthers up to these days?! Haven't really heard much besides the schedule and their new site layout. Tanguay talks seem to be dying slowly... Who's still available? TSN has a nice table with the FA pickups, just stinks not to see us up on there.

The Illuminati of Basketball

vCash
    No one at all. That sig is absolutely sick btw. Just awesome!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123