Quote Originally Posted by Pensx3 View Post
It would have been better for the Panthers to have finished in the bottom 5 or 10 teams and not in the top 10 or so teams. The team is clearly not good enough for a deep playoff run, at best they will make the 7th or 8th seed in the east. They would almost certainly be eliminated by the top 5 or 6 teams in the east. They needed a big name scorer and seem to accept another subpar season. I was in Miami for spring break and saw the Penguins the Panthers. It was pretty sad to see the turn out at the game and I imagine teams sell more tickets when a team like the Penguins are in town. I was surprised to see that the Panther's cap number is around $52 million; I would have guessed $45 million with lack of big name players there.
Funny cause the Panthers managed to fair well against most of the East teams, including the Penguins. In fact I'm almost certain the Panthers won their series against the champs. I gotta give it to you though, I do wish we had Malkin here... But you can keep Crosby and his cheap shots